• 348 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2927 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Zombie is undermining Slime [SSM]

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by IsWater, Nov 23, 2019.

?

Do you agree?

Poll closed Wednesday at 3:38 PM.
  1. Yes

12.5%
  2. No

50.0%
  3. Sort of

37.5%
  1. What is Slime Rocket
    It’s a charge up attack that depending on how charged up can deal up to 12 damage

What is Corrupted arrow? It’s like Slime rocket but it charges up x3 faster, deals up to 2 more damage,
    And has a lot more range. Only At the expensive of only having a bit less width.

Corrupted arrow literally EXITS just to undermine slimes slime rocket being superior in almost every way, But that’s not the only thing.

Deaths grasp.
    Lunge at your opponent at high velocity if you collide deal lots of damage and knockback to your opponent, sound familiar? Because it’s literally slime slam but it deals less damage, has no recoil, and has a much greater velocity making it better than slime slam.

And don’t forget Zombie has higher damage, and armor, on top of that zombie also has a move that slime doesn’t have, Spew Bile a move like Skeletons Bone Explosion only it lasts longer and you have more control over it.

Zombie undermines Slime in almost every way which if you ask me isn’t very cool.

Either slime should get a passive or third ability much different than zombie, slime slam should also get a buff not gonna lie, or zombie should be changed.

If you ask me zombies corrupted arrow is already absurd, who would think it would be a good idea to give a mob an attack that can deal 14 damage unlimited times and has less than. 5 second start up, and that’s only at max damage, corrupted arrow definitely needs to be nerfed and zombie itself needs to be changed

Posted Nov 23, 2019
  2. I wouldn’t say too much is true but first off, you didn’t even mention the zombies Spew Bile, which sends out rotten flesh.

Second, corrupted arrow has a lot less hit box, I wouldn’t say a bit (this applies for if slime rocket is max charged), and slime rocket at full charge will target nearby enemies, which is something corrupted arrow doesn’t do.

Second, zombies death grasp, and slimes slime slam are dash abilities, that a lot of kits use, and zombie lifts their opponent upwards.

Posted Nov 23, 2019
  3. Oh no a counter to one of the most busted abilities in the game! Slime rocket is absurd in both damage, but more importantly the knockback it gives. While, yes, zombie's arrows are also rather busted, in no way shape or form should slime get a buff. Would also like to point out that slime slam does 4 and a half hearts to zombie on a direct hit so I fail to see how deaths grasp is better. Zombie is weak in melee, and really also in recovery due to the fact that it's recharge is so damn long, which is why it's range is so good. Slime on the other hand has good melee, and good range that you really don't have to be that good at aiming to land. And with slime slam you really have a free 2-4 hearts of damage depending on your opponents armor/weight class, provided they are in range.

Posted Nov 23, 2019
  4. There’s no doubt that both kits are very strong. But I don’t think it’s fair to compare slime to an S tier kit just to buff the kit that you main. Both kits are completely different in terms of abilities and playstyle and both are broken for different reasons.

Yes, Zombie is too strong, so it’ll get a nerf. Same with Slime.

Posted Nov 23, 2019
  5. yes buff slime i love hitboxes that span from the east to the west that deal 14 free damage recharge in seconds and send you to a new area code yes great idea

Posted Nov 23, 2019
    Crash, Mitchy and KarmaCallama like this.
  6. I have more respect for zombie mains as at least it takes some skill to aim those arrows. Slime is too easy to get good at. It needs more counters tbh

Posted Nov 23, 2019
    Mitchy likes this.
  7. Like said before, yeah not the best idea to compare slime to one of the best kits in the game, and the difference in hitbox between the 2 projectiles isn't small. Also corrupted arrow deals up to 13 damage not 14.

Now I just want to correct a few of the things people here said, not that I disagree with the points entirely but not everything that has been said is true.

*Slam does 2.1 hearts to zombie, slam + melee does 3.9 hearts.
    *Zombie has better melee stats than slime, and it has dg and spew bile to help it in melee range.
    *dg long cd is definitely a big weakness, but the fact that it gets reduced to 2 on hit helps a lot and allows you to use it offensively often without much fear.

*12 damage

I'd say slime actually has quite a lot of really good counters already, those being every kit above it on the tier list.... And snowman.
    Creeper and shorse are also very good options against it- sb shuts down rocket pretty hard, explode undermines the use of minions, LS greatly reduces slime's damage potential while it also has better regen. With shorse, bone rush just deals so much that it's basically you get hit once- you die.
    Projectiles kits and spider though counter it especially hard and are slime's main problem.

Overall I guess you could say that yeah, looking at all the kits it has more positive than negative matchups, but some of the more common kits also counter it pretty hard.

Posted Nov 24, 2019
  8. You forgot to mention how slime rocket stays on the ground even after hitting someone, potentially causing more damage. Also, slime rocket never bounces off when you land a hit, zombie arrows do.

Posted Nov 24, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  9. I disagree and agree? Let me explain. I am a Slime/Creeper main, and used to main Zombie so I'll give an unbiased opinion on both. (This is disregarding bugs to do with kits)

Slime is a really good kit. It has Slime Rocket, dealing high damage but less than Corrupted Arrow, decreasing hitbox and doing a considerable amount of knockback. Slime Slam allows for melee combos or finishers, also providing with a means of triple jumping or escaping tricky situations and dealing knockback. Slime's smash crystal ability is a bit lack lustre but it enables for a kill or two. It has a small hitbox if maintained properly making it hard to hit.

Zombie is a good kit. It has Corrupted Arrow which can deal a heavy amount of damage, but requires more on aim than Slime Rocket and deals less knockback. Zombie also has Spew Bile, which can be combined with your regular melee to get in a few good hits. Deaths Grasp is a good ability if it lands, but with a high cooldown if missed. It enables you to pull targets into more compromising positions whilst also providing a means of escape or triple jumping if required. Zombie's smash crystal ability is, too say the least, awful. It spawns in zombies which are easily avoided.

Regardless of their ups and downs, as a Slime, I can beat zombies more often than they beat me, but factors apply, like the players overall skill, and the situations they're in, like coming out of a fight versus going into one from spawn. I don't think Slime or Zombie need any changes.
    That's my opinion.

Posted Nov 24, 2019