• 3303 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12347 Players Online
  • 9044 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

YT Ranks

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Chikin_Mann, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Hey we need to talk about the YT Ranks on this server and what the Content Creator Team is doing. A few months back, I had a channel with over 2700+ subscribers, however only averaged about 100-175 views per video. I applied to get the YT Rank and was denied for not meeting the requirements. I thought nothing of it and recently I deleted that channel. Also recently, I decided to see who even still had YT Rank on this server and I see that not many people have it now. So, I decided to look some of these people up on YouTube and to my surprise, less than 25% of these people even make up to the requirements. The rest of the 75%? They've quit over 2 years ago, haven't uploaded anything Minecraft/Mineplex related in some time, or fail to even crack 500 views. One guy has less than 1K subscribers and has the YT ranks, another one only has 5 SUBSCRIBERS. One guy struggles to average 100 views, another quit Minecraft over 3 years ago. So what is this? You might as well accept my application for having the subscriber requirement if you're letting people who haven't uploaded in over 2-3 years at all have it. What are we doing here Mineplex?

Posted Feb 26, 2020
  2. You could've been denied for other reasons than that. You possibly have a rough punishment history which Mineplex doesn't like. There is really no need for the rank anyway, if you like posting on Mineplex then just keep posting on Mineplex and you will eventually improve and perhaps get the rank.

Posted Feb 26, 2020
  3. the reason was because i didn't have the 500 views a video requirement and the yt ranks now can't do that either. i've also only been banned from mineplex once from gwen (set for 1 month) and was unbanned a day later, can't be that

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 26, 2020
  4. Well, looking at the other content creators isn't going to be the best way to get yourself a content creator role. Instead, messaging the person who rejected the application is going to do a lot more, as they might be able to work with you on what you need to do with your channel, since you very well could have been denied for something other than just the amount of views per video you average like the rejection says.

Posted Feb 26, 2020
  5. Hey,

It's fairly difficult to discuss your comment that some people who "haven't met the requirements" still the YT rank, due to the fact that the decision to give the rank to different players is up to the Content Creator Council, and there might be other factors that allowed them to get the role. Sometimes Mineplex allows people to bypass certain requirements for certain roles just because of the person's dedication to the server or their passion for what they're trying to achieve. A really good example of this is the fact that there is an age requirement of 14 for people applying for the Trainee role, yet technically speaking you can still get the Trainee role even if you're not yet 14. Does this mean that all people who are under 14 are accepted into the staff team? No, many underage applicants may still be denied for not meeting the requirements, despite some being allowed to bypass the requirements. I presume you can see how this is analogous to your situation with applying for the YT rank.

As for your application not meeting the requirements, and hence your rejection from the role, the only real thing you can do to work out what is wrong is to message a member of the CCC (or specifically the person who rejected your application) as stated by the staff member above. Posting your concerns here on the forums isn't likely to help resolve this issue.

It's very possible that there was multiple reasons as to why your application was rejected, and that the staff member who rejected your application just chose the most relevant rejection reason. To help illustrate what I mean, I'll post the publicly listed requirements for the YT rank below:

[​IMG]

The truth might be that you don't meet the requirement of meeting 500 views per video as you stated, AND the requirement of meeting their "general content creator requirements", which would obviously only be accessible to members of the CCC. However, it seems more logical to reject someone who doesn't meet both of these requirements for the reason of not meeting the 500 views per video. I would quickly like to add that I am just speculating, but it does seem like this is a viable reason for why you were denied the rank despite being in the same viewership situation as some of the people who actually have the rank.

Regardless, if you wish to keep pursuing the rank I wish you the best of luck. If not, I hope that I helped try and clear up any of the concerns you have about why you may have been denied. Although, once again, the best way to find out for sure is to contact the member of the CCC that denied your application.

Best of luck,
    ~ TheGrandmaster

Posted Feb 26, 2020
    Damiennn likes this.