• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

YouTube Rank Problem

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Nnameless, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Nnameless

Nnameless

Well I've Been trying over 2 Years to gain The Yt Rank

Could someone send me any advice on making good vidoes

Posted Jan 11, 2019
  2. Vocaloiid

Vocaloiid

Posted Jan 11, 2019
    DivinePegasi likes this.
  3. TeaSpiller

TeaSpiller

I'd say a lot goes into how you define "good" content, I think when making content you should put hard work into it to the point where you are proud of it and something you are confident in. I'd suggest you watch a few of your favorite content creators videos to get inspiration for your own videos. Anyways, I look forward to seeing your content any maybe your YT application when you meet the requirements.

~Cheers

Posted Jan 11, 2019
    xHyee likes this.
  4. DivinePegasi

DivinePegasi

Hello!

Practice makes perfect! The more you upload (keep in mind - quality, not quantity) the better you'll get. I know the phrase "practice makes perfect" is said and used for anything nowadays but it really does apply to creating videos. I by no means have perfect videos and I'm always seeking new ways to improve. Like TeaSpiller mentioned, you should always create videos that you personally enjoy and are proud of. I have no idea what your channel looks like currently, but here are some basic tips I think most content creators follow through with or would recommend:

- Video quality: Always try and record your video in the highest quality possible! If there's black bars on the sides, or if the video is so blurry/pixelated you can't see a thing, the viewer will enjoy it less
    - Audio quality: Audio is a huge part of videos. If you have a microphone, I recommend using one; otherwise, put music in the video. Make sure your in-game audio and microphone audio are set at appropriate levels and that the in-game audio/music is not overpowering your voice.
    - Collaborations: If possible, collaborate with other creators and friends! It makes a huge difference in the video when you have another person to talk to and make jokes with! Also, you get exposure in their community if they create videos too!
    - Interaction: If you live stream, it's a good opportunity to talk to your fans and make them feel like they matter. I also recommend replying to comments, as it can make someone's day!
    - Consistency: Once you get used to uploading, you should implement an upload schedule. When your viewers know when your next video will be, they're more likely to remember it rather than if you just upload randomly throughout the year and disappearing for a few weeks at a time.
    - Channel Art: I'm pretty sure someone would rather click on a video with an appealing thumbnail or subscribe to a channel with a relevant profile picture and banner than a video with a randomly generated thumbnail or default looking channel, so make sure you have some form of art setup on your channel, even if it's not professionally done! Make a thumbnail that you think you would click on if you were a random person.
    - Edit unnecessary parts out: If there are long pauses of silence in the video, or segments where nothing interesting is happening, edit it out. It will make a huge difference in the end and can keep a viewer watching the video.

Hopefully I am able to help with these tips; I know it might seem like a lot, but as time goes by you'll find yourself improving without even realizing it! Good luck on your channel and I hope to see you one day with YT!

Posted Jan 11, 2019
    xHyee, Wiz_Techno and xUmbreon like this.
  5. Crash

Crash

Quantity > quality. If I'm being serious, to some extent you dont even want to put effort into making higher quality videos starting out. The extra time spent on improving quality is a waste.

Making a high quality montage would normally take me several hours of editing, even if I had been careful about how I collected clips to make it easier to narrow down. Of all the high-quality montages I made, I averaged around 3-5 hours in raw editing. This does not account for the time collecting clips. For a raw gameplay video with music it might take me 30-45 minutes, and a good commentary video usually takes 1-2 hours, start to finish including cutting down the clips, putting in music, etc.

My biggest personal example of this would be a montage I made featuring Triple Jumps in SSM. The video took me well over 10 hours to make, and was only a few minutes long, and got an OK number of views. I then also made 2 commentary videos about Triple Jumps- How to Triple Jump (which took a little over 30 minutes to make) and Triple Jump in OITQ?! (took less than 30 minutes to record, edit, and upload). Both of the commentary videos would end up getting MORE views than the montage did, and took a FRACTION of the time to make.

Videos that have hours upon hours put into them might get a hundred views or so, but you can get a decent amount of views just starting out on any video you throw on the forums and advertise. This doesnt lend to good channel content or audience retention, but it does significantly boost your view and sub count. Plus, you can just keep doing this over and over.

Exposure is a big thing, and even if you make a couple really good videos getting out regular videos will do a lot more for you.

This is also one reason why MPS livestreams are so good for subs- Exposure. You get dozens of people in the game and advertise the MPS in a lobby. Those viewers may not stick around, especially if you dont do MPS livestreams in the future, but it boosts your view count and that can then be a positive feedback loop on Youtubes algorithm.

Posted Jan 11, 2019,
    Last edited Jan 11, 2019
    xHyee likes this.
  6. xUmbreon

xUmbreon

I'm no YouTuber and I never have been, however I do know some tips that might help you.

Probably one of the most important steps to becoming a good YouTuber is video quality. People who watch YouTube a lot (such as myself) are always looking to watch high-quality videos. This could mean several hours of editing, yes, but it's the risk you have to take if you want people to watch your videos. Try to record in high-definition. Look up some more professional Minecraft videos to see some examples of how much video quality you should have.

Interacting with your fans is also very important. Most people love it when the creator of the video is interactive and kind with their subscribers, so you should try to do the same. If you want to livestream, try to actively answer people in the live chat so you can build a good reputation.

Lastly, you should upload things that you enjoy. If you're uploading something that you find boring or just not enjoyable, then chances are that your viewers won't enjoy it either. Plus, you'll have much better commentary if you record something that you really like.

Posted Jan 11, 2019
  7. DivinePegasi

DivinePegasi

I don't know about you, but I would much more prefer quality over quantity. I think you misinterpreted what I meant by quantity as in video editing hours. That can be the case, but high quality videos don't always require a huge amount of time spent editing. Usually when people say quality > quantity for videos, they're talking about the videos. If you make daily videos that are horribly edited/setup or just uploaded to YouTube straight after recording, chances are depending on what it is, people won't want to watch it. However, if someone were to spend time making high quality videos and uploaded those maybe twice a week, I'm sure the viewer is more likely to come back and watch more. First impressions matter - if you're not going to bother making a good video that will draw viewers into your channel, what's the point? I explained this really poorly but I think you'll get the idea.

On the other hand, I agree that MPS live streams are good for exposure and subscriber growth. However, if you rely solely on MPS live streams, you'll kill your channel. This is a mistake I made that both benefited my channel as well as cause future problems. The thing is, when you stream, many of the people who subscribe for streams will only watch streams and not your videos. That might not seem like a problem if you stream consistently but the effects are very visible in the future. When I first started streaming on Mineplex, I went from 400 subscribers to like 1000 in maybe a year. I was ecstatic, but as months passed, many of the people who subscribed just disappeared. In the summer of 2016, I averaged about a 20-30 + sub gain after each live stream I did. However, the views on my videos rarely increased. Maybe this is just a problem for me, but I've noticed it for a lot of channels and it's not just coincidental. That's the main reason I switched to live streaming on Twitch only and keeping YouTube separate. The other day, YouTube even admitted that live streaming damages your viewership. As tweeted out by @TeamYouTube, "Also, we do suggest spacing out streams and uploads to avoid cannibalization of viewership (similar to uploads)." The YouTube algorithm is said to favor viewer retention and channel retention, thus proving that live streaming can hurt if the people who subscribed don't stay to watch your videos.

Posted Jan 12, 2019
    Jason likes this.
  8. Crash

Crash

You cant argue over what gets results. While I agree that I would personally rather watch a higher quality video, if we compare the amount of people who have been successful making super high quality videos to those have made a lot of videos... There is a clear disparity.

I did not misrepresent anything. With the Youtube environment and how the Mineplex YT forums section is structured and the community that exists, you can get more views on a game play video with no commentary, music, etc.- Just raw, unedited, boring gameplay by posing it on forums and then boosting it and doing other things to make it seen by as many people as possible. In the past I know players who have made videos that were intentionally bad, in one case a player recorded their screen with a phone that was shaking, so you couldnt even see the screen properly (let alone the gameplay) and the commentary was very generic. When they posted the video to the forums, it got a respectable amount of views and several comments about how their video was GOOD, even though they had intentionally taken steps to make the video visibly and obviously low quality.

For raw growth quality is far more important than quantity for reasons I have outlined. If you put out 4 commentary videos in a week that take you 30 minutes to make and get 25 videos each, then that is far better for growth than making a small montage that takes 2+ hours to make and hoping that it gets an equivalent amount of views (100+). Improvements upon video quality may result in benefits, but quantity is highly rewarded while putting a lot of time into improving quality is a risk.

I have heard from MPS streamers that they have struggled with the same problem, there was even a video on the old forums discussing it between two MPS streamers.

Posted Jan 12, 2019
    xHyee likes this.
  9. Titanc

Titanc

As said above, Divine and Possum and Teaspiller is your best option. However, Practice makes perfect. Continue to practice and practice and find better ways on getting better. Good ideas is asking bigger youtubers then yourself or looking up YouTube video tutorials. There is lot of ways of improving but you need confidence and to believe in yourself. Never give up and keep trying. You'll get it soon if you try harder! I believe in you.

Posted Jan 12, 2019
  10. Lightingwolf52

Lightingwolf52

OMG DIVINEPEGASI I watch all your video keep making cool content

Lightingwold52

Posted Jan 14, 2019