• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6218 Players Online
  • 3328 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

youtube editor

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Pumpedpixel, Jan 7, 2020.

Tags:
  1. hey everyone, im looking to start a youtube channel does anyone know of any good editing software that is free?

Posted Jan 7, 2020
  2. If you have an apple computer I would suggest iMovie. It's completely free and I've found it very easy to use. If you use a windows device then I would suggest the built-in editor. YouTube also has created its own editor that you can use directly on its website.

Posted Jan 7, 2020
  3. I movie is for mac only. And built-in editor is the worst thing. If you are mac I recommend you using Imove, its the best of all programs. I used to be a youtuber, and I only edited every video of mine using Imovie (you can see how actually good imovie can be if you learn to master it). Other programs I wouldn't even recommend using, because they are much more complex and are much worse.

For windows, I don't actually know any mainly because free ones aren't that good. But you can try to use a trial version of sony vegas.

Posted Jan 7, 2020
  4. I'm a small youtuber myself. I have 2 different editers downloaded on my computer. I normally use openshot editor, which is good for titles, comments, transitions, and cuts, but I also have hitfillm express downloaded. I use this if I need effects or for more advanced editing. I don't focus on editing too much though. Both of the editors I mentioned are 100% free.

(Note- Openshot likes crashing alot and lagging when you edit things, so I mainly suggest hitfilm, but hitfilm takes alot more space on the pc than openshot.)

Posted Jan 8, 2020
    Zomaholic likes this.
  5. Hey!
    If you’re on a Windows operating system then there is one that comes with it for free. It is entitled, “Video Editor”, I make all my videos using this, it is a simple way to add text, music, combine videos, and more! To record I use the Xbox gaming bar, which you can access by using “Windows+G.” However, if you are unable to use any of those, I suggest using the video editor in the YouTube studio, I do not have much experience with that, but I’m sure you can make it work. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions regarding what I have said or anything else. Good luck with your channel!

Posted Jan 8, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.
  6. That’s what I use as well xD

Posted Jan 8, 2020
  7. Hm, I don’t know much about YT, as I do not post videos, although I do have a channel, I mostly just watch videos on it, however I believe there is a way to edit your videos in the “YouTube Studio” hope I helped!

Posted Jan 8, 2020
  8. Hey there!

When I used to record videos, I ran into the same problem as you, which was finding a good editor. If you are just doing YouTube for fun, I suggest finding something like iMovie or the Windows editor, but if you are serious about it and think you will be doing it for a while, Sony Vegas 14 is great and will let you do all the editing you want. Feel free to ask me any other YouTube related question.

Posted Jan 18, 2020
  9. v i d e o p a d
    v i d e o
    e d i t o r

Posted Jan 18, 2020
  10. I myself use Hitfilm Express as it's free and offers a variety of basic and advanced editing tools to make your videos stand out from the rest. It can be a bit tricky to operate, but you will get the hang of it once you edit your first few videos. There are a few flaws with the system, but its generally good for starting out.

Posted Jan 18, 2020
  11. does this software include plugins like pitch changing and distortion? if so that’d be pretty cool

Posted Jan 18, 2020
  12. I know distortion is a built-in effect that you can use, I also believe you can change the pitch but I haven't experimented with that yet.

Posted Jan 18, 2020
  13. aight cool thx

Posted Jan 18, 2020
    lotix likes this.
  14. Hey!

I have a YouTube channel where I upload Minecraft montages from time to time. While I'm definitely an amateur editor, I use a program called Shotcut. It's completely free and it's a great editor for beginners. It can split clips, join clips together, mute clips, add text to clips, etc. I would highly recommend it and there are plenty of tutorials on YouTube showing you how to use it. I'm pretty sure it's also available for both Windows and Mac. Good luck!

Posted Jan 18, 2020
  15. To add on, this depends on what type of content you want to make. If you just want to make a pvp montage or whatever, honestly any program is ok for that. If you want your video to have more "motion" in it, I recommend using Imovie or Finalcutprox trail. If you want your video to have effects and cool stuff, I recommend using hitfilm or adobe after effects. Hitfilm is not really good for a video like shaking screen, image spam, image movement, etc. But its good for effects. So really depends on on what you want to do.

Posted Jan 18, 2020