• 1566 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10004 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

You're being too gentle for the cheaters

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Sorbias, Aug 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hey, there are many people ban by Gwen who are too young to register for the forums

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  2. What do you mean? If there are cheaters on Minecraft, we should find some other game and leave Minecraft for cheaters?
    --- Post updated ---
    They can ask for their dad or mon to join here.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 24, 2019
    PapiKirito likes this.
  3. what do you suppose they do if their parents are busy or those who have none?

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  4. A legal guardian works just as fine as parents.
    If they are busy, I am sure they can wait a few hours for their parents if they are serious about a ban appeal.

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  5. if they are busy do they have time for an appeal on a game? :gwen:

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  6. Registration takes no more than ten minutes.
    If the parents are busy, their child can wait a few hours for the parents to clear ten minutes of their time to do the registration.

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  7. Oh I'm plenty aware that you can have minimal control of your sibling's behavior. I'm simply saying, I know there will be false bans, and I just don't care. I'd much rather have a few people false banned and me be able to enjoy my game than have to continue under the current onslaught of alts. That said, if they want to get their sibling to stop hacking, they can always try rationalizing with them. I know personally, I used to have a sort of "you scratch my back, i'll scratch yours" kind of thing with my brother that stopped us from doing anything that was too obnoxious towards the other.
    As for VPNs and such, that is a valid point against doing this. However, it seems Mineplex has already blocked some of the more popular VPNs, and I'm sure much more could be done to stop that from happening.

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  8. Exactly. Also, if someone has so sad situation where their brother cheated, then they will probably both register here and we can see both of their versions of the situation.

And yeah, VPN:s can be blocked also. If one paid real money for a VPN service they probably get annoyed quite fast when they have paid their - let's say 6-month plan and they can't even use it for the thing for which they bought it.

It gets too tricky for the cheaters after that. I know it since I saw on that other game and server that the cheaters for real started begging on the forum. They had bad ping with VPN and they wanted to come back.

I've heard so many of those "my brother cheated and I am an angel" and "I had to cheat cuz everyone else cheated" and "I don't know who installed the cheats to this computer, I thought this is how the game works" -stories. And many more. I think there was even a clan where everyone had cheats.

There were some hack developers who had dozens of steam accounts and so many "gift cards" for that game since they asked their "clients" to pay with gift cards. And for real, they also scammed their clients. I think they recorded videos of them to make sure that they never can come back.

Cheating in games is a huge business that makes so many people just feel bad in so many different ways. The "developers" just cash out the players who wanna take shortcuts in games.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 24, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 24, 2019
  9. I'm sure you know much more about IP bans and VPNs than me, so I'm not going to contest that. But I am going to disagree with the later part; if an anti cheat has been neglected like Gwen was, then it is perfectly reasonable to complain that it is bad. No matter the explanation behind it, what it comes down to is that Gwen was not performing it's job up to standards. That's why I'm so happy that you've joined the team; so Gwen will hopefully perform in an efficient manner. But if we are playing the game, and we are continuously getting hacked on, it is in every way fine to reason that the anti cheat is bad.
    Also, staff and us being the best anticheat? That would be a nice world to live in, but it sure isn't this one. Staff do what they can, but on the scale that Mineplex is hacked on, it's not even close to being effective. And how exactly do we, the playerbase, stop others from hacking? At most we can report, which also does pretty much nothing because of all these alts. That's why I don't care if it's IP bans or some other method, but we need an effective anti-alt measure, and we need it soon.

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  10. Hello,

What has already been said in this thread is mostly accurate, IP bans just don't work for our server, full stop. Unless you're looking at developing entirely new systems to make these things half automated, it still takes the staff ages and lots of effort to detect who is and isn't hacking and deserves an IP ban. This comes with so many risks, I know you say people in the same family might all just hack, but that's really assumptive and not how we should look at this.

What if a previous member of the family had hacked now, and in a few months time another sibling took up the game completely legitimately and was just banned, not really fair is it. Or for example my brother decides to hack on the game, I get banned as a Staff Member? IP Banning can be really confusing in this context, it can cause so many issues that @ToonBasic has well and thoroughly addressed.

As this kind of thread, and topic is brought up time and time again, and with similar points and similar answers, along with this thread becoming more and more repetitive with similar answers, I thought I'd sum it up at that and lock this thread. If you've got a concern with this just DM me and I'll be willing to help! :) Thanks.

Thread Locked -> Concern Addressed​

Posted Aug 24, 2019
    ___TacoCat___, 4G0 and Yato like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.