• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12029 Players Online
  • 9139 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Your Opponent Had 0.9 Health Left

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Orilly, Jun 19, 2020.

?

Thoughts?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hi Guys!

I find it really annoying at the end of an SG game, when I've lost after an epic, long 1v1 - but my opponent has either left, or doesn't know how low they were. So I ask for a Gladiators style 'health remained' text message at least at the end of the game, and even better if you die before the end (you can view it anyway on the compass, so this shouldn't be rejected due to ghosting reasons) - it'd be good for those who have autoleave on too, so they can see how close they were AND join a new game asap.

This was a bit messily written, but I hope I've gotten my point across.

Posted Jun 19, 2020
  2. I agree. Even if there's already a way to view this if you're fast enough with the compass, I think this would be a fairly quick and useful addition to any game without a respawn (for example, it's not really suitable for SSM).

Posted Jun 19, 2020
    Dallarth likes this.
  3. Hey

Yeah, I believe this would become very helpful. The only disadvantage I do see to this is ghosting, but I think we should still try it, and if ghosting becomes an issue you get rid of it. This should also go for Champions games too.

Posted Jun 19, 2020
    Viberent likes this.
  4. Like I said, Ghosting is just as possible RN as you can view their health with the compass.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 19, 2020
    BrookMarieXO and LazyBrayden like this.
  5. I'm not against the idea, but I wouldn't necessarily say I'm for it either. I honestly just don't see the reason why this is something that needs to be added. What do players get from knowing what their enemies health was after a fight? If you did well in a fight, you should know they were low or if you didn't do well, you should know they had high health. I guess it's interesting to see, but it's not something that I feel is absolutely necessary since it doesn't change anything regarding the game play. It's more of a person preference to know I assume.

Posted Jun 20, 2020
  6. Honestly, Why not! While it doesn't add that much as intended, it's nice knowing, and there aren't really any downsides. also, as Thenorn said, we definitely should add this in more games, Cake wars especially.

Posted Jun 20, 2020
  7. You can already ghost at the moment, but you get punished. Therefore, I don't see a reason to not add this as it is a useful utility to use and would be great for PVP based games.

Posted Jun 20, 2020
    oCassi likes this.
  8. Thanks for all the feedback guys! Let's hope this is added where appropriate.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 21, 2020
  9. Hey there,
    I think this would be an excellent addition to Survival Games, along with several other game modes!
    This idea allows the player to become more competitive and strive to work on their ability to become better at PVP.
    As others have stated, the only downside to this idea is the problem of ghosting.
    However, /report is now available to everyone, players can always use this command when a player decides to reveal this information.
    Overall, I wouldn't mind seeing this being implemented, thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Jul 1, 2020
    BankOfAtlas and Sleick_97 like this.
  10. Agree! For anyone that wants this Right Now you can bootleg this in basically any game by right clicking your compass immediately after death and scrolling over the person who killed you for their HP. And if that sentence is confusing, then go into /prefs and find the option to spectate games after death.

Have fun being salty at that sweaty, sweaty 12% HP, as long as you aren't second place.

Posted Jul 1, 2020
  11. Thread Moved to Game Alterations

I think this is a simple QoL change. You can already view the health of other players through compass, though that only show their health percentage, not actual hearts. But as others said, the only issue I can see with this is Ghosting. Right now you can only ghost someone's health percentage like I said above (which is still punishable). Being able to see someone's health and their actual hearts could encourage more ghosting in my opinion, but it's still not something that we would be dealing with for the first time. Also, how would this work with more than one player/team? Would you see the hearts of everyone you damaged before you died or just the most recent one?

Either way, it's a small QoL change that isn't really needed but also isn't bad. Though there are still few gaps from here to there, I think you are definitely able to come up with something to fix them.

Posted Jul 1, 2020
    Dallarth likes this.
  12. I'm not an extremely PvP based player, however I used to play a lot of SG back in the day and this feature would have definitely came in handy for those final battles or tense 1v1 encounters like you mentioned. It's just nice to know what exact amount of hearts your opponent was on after they kill you as it gives you a sense of how well you did in the fight, and shows you how close you were to killing them. Whilst this could make ghosting easier, you are already able to view the health percentage through the compass so I don't think it would make much of a difference honestly. Overall, it would be a small QoL addition that would be pretty cool to see implemented.

Posted Jul 1, 2020
  13. @Klobby In an SG Teams match, you are not immediately kicked from the game if you're in a party, so you can get the health of the player that killed you, and use the compass to view the assister (if applicable). @Sobki if you add this then you're a god <3

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 1, 2020
  14. This idea isn't a bad idea. I think players would desire to see how close they were to killing their opponent.

This is a simple change, but I know some players would like it. So I give this idea a +1.

Thank you for sharing and stay safe!

Posted Jul 1, 2020
  15. I think that this would be a great addition! Often after a long 1v1 you want to know how close you were to winning the fight. I find it a bit hard to tell how close I was to killing another player in skywars, because often a player eats a couple of mushroom stews to regenerate right after, and by the time I check the compass, their health is regenerating quickly. I think that this would be helpful because I enjoy seeing stats and knowing how close I get in a fight, but it should be a preference that players should be able to turn on and off! I give this idea a +1!

- Electric_Eagle

Posted Jul 1, 2020
    Polar8 likes this.
  16. I think this would be a pretty good idea. I don't play SG too often, but when I do and I get killed, I'm always curious as to how much health my opponent had left. I don't think this is too needed at the moment, since it's a very small QoL change that I don't imagine would take that long to implement. I think that other things should get more focus before we add smaller things like this.

But other than that, I think this is a really nice and simple QoL change that I think many people would enjoy. +1

Posted Jul 1, 2020
    Truthhs likes this.
  17. Hello!

Definitely I'd like to see such alteration be implemented in the future QoL updates just like other people who replied on that thread. I'm aware there are quite a lot of people who want to know how much health his enemy had when they died.

This thing isn't something which will be hard to implement and so simple to do, so nothing really should prevent from adding that. I don't see Ghosting here as an issue because players already can see health in compass menu, so it shouldn't be something bad to show the health of your enemy in chat when you died as well.

I feel it can be good to add that feature to all games without respawning as @Thenorn told which can be done on the level of games engine, so all games (including some Nano games) will instantly support that even without making changed to games itself.

Overall, I will give +1 to that idea since it's something which will be great to see which will be obviously liked by a lot of players. Thanks for suggesting that!

Posted Jul 4, 2020 at 2:54 PM
    Thenorn likes this.