• 1671 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4250 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Your favorite show from your childhood

Discussion in 'Surveys' started by Cardyceps, Nov 19, 2019.

?

Did you have a feeling of nostalgia?

Poll closed Dec 3, 2019.
  1. Yes, I cried on the floor.

100.0%
  2. No, cartoons are for small kids

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Many of us had or have favorite cartoon show. Some like old cartoons like Jimmy Neutron and some like Adventure Time and Stiven Universe.
    I created this thread to talk about cartoons that OUR COMMUNITY likes.
    I will list mine.
    1) Adventure Time. At first it was a cartoon about cute creatures who do cute things. Who could have known that it will end with war and death.
    It was my MOST FAVORITE cartoon from my childhood. I like it and advise to see it if you haven't done it yet
    [​IMG]
    2) Regular Show
    Regular Show is something like an older alternative to Rick and Morty.
    You will ask why. Here are some reasons:
    Weird creatures and places.
    Jokes you are probably too young for
    and the fact that it is interesting to watch.

Of course there are many other cartoons I want to mention, but I will let YOU to mention them

Posted Nov 19, 2019
  2. Back when I was 8-12, Pokemon was my show. I would watch at least a few episodes a day, about 20 minutes each. Back in those days, I was very hooked to the Pokemon community. I had many Megas and EXs and enjoyed trading cards wherever I went. If there was anything to do with Pokemon, I was interested in. Today, my brother has custody of all my Pokemon cards because Minecraft is my new home.

As for your question, I almost never cry in general but it did give me many flashbacks of the good ol' days.

Posted Nov 19, 2019
    Cardyceps likes this.
  3. Thread moved to Surveys

I used to love watching Aventure Time and Regular Show when I was either 12 or 13 years old. Sadly, two Cartoon Network shows ended about 1 or 2 years ago. I do watch some TV shows when I'm in my free time. My favorite tv drama shows would be Supernatural, but I need to start from the beginning of the latest seasons. I also watch anime shows too so that mine would be My Hero Academia, and the list goes on.

Posted Nov 20, 2019
    Cardyceps likes this.
  4. Lol, I just had a few Bobby and Crowley flashbacks. Did you know that in Japan My Hero Academia is in the list of the examples of modern animation. This list is sometimes shown to students as an alternative to reading.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 20, 2019
  5. My favorite tv show was All Hail King Julian from the Madagascar series. It starred the life of the lemur king King Julian and his kingdom. In the series, they did many hilarious things within the kingdom which made me laugh when I was younger. Now, I recently re-watched it and enjoyed it even more because I was able to understand the political jokes inside. I enjoy this series because anyone of any age can get laughs out of it.

Posted Nov 20, 2019
    Cardyceps likes this.
  6. Clone wars, Phineas and Ferb, and penguins of Madagascar was pretty much all I watched ages 7-12.

Posted Nov 20, 2019
    GAM, FluteVegetables and Cardyceps like this.
  7. I LIKE TO MOVE IT, MOVE IT...
    --- Post updated ---
    I remember every kid who watched Clone wars always talked about Osoka and how they like her

OP OP
  8. Adventure time is a show I only got into when I was 16 ish. One cartoon that I vividly remember and still like from my childhood is Freefonix. It is a really obscure show that only had one season and is really rare to find anyone that has heard of it.

Posted Nov 20, 2019
    FluteVegetables and Cardyceps like this.
  9. My favorite show from my early childhood was the Total Drama series if anyone remembers it. Looking back I see how unfit for kids it was, but a great show nevertheless. The current spinoff of it is terrible, though. I wish they would make a new real season of the show.

Edit: Almost forgot about Gravity Falls. One of the best shows of all time...so sad that it ended after 2 seasons. As you can see from my profile picture and signature, I'm an enthusiast.

Posted Nov 20, 2019
    Cardyceps likes this.
  10. I remember every kid who watched Clone wars always talked about Osoka and how they like her

OP OP
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  11. Hey!

Personally I my favourite show was Winx Club but ONLY THE 4KIDS VERSION! Never the Nickelodeon version. The 4Kids theme song is also a boppin' tune, unlike the annoying Nick version. I vividly remember when I was about 7 - 10 years old I used to sit myself down in front of my TV every night between 7pm and 8pm for Winx Club. I used to watch it on the British TV channel 'Pop!'. I remember they used to broadcast 2 episodes a day; the first one was an episode that aired the day before, and the second one was the episode that came straight after that one. What I loved most about it was the creativity of the story and how amazing the voice actors were. My favourite characters were either Flora or Musa, and my favourite transformation has to be Enchantix (because it's the "final fairy form"... But NickELODEON DIDNT GET THE MEMO). The reason I hate the Nickelodeon version so much is because they changed it too much from what I was used to. The other versions of Winx Club (not Nickelodeon or 4Kids) are ~okay~ but honestly 4Kids is the best one. Nick overused the storyline and had the audacity to add even more fairy transformations that just made it confusing and all of this tween drama. I wasn't here for it. The voice actors were really lame and they all sounded the same....
    Also what's this with Season 8 having a whOLE NEW ART STYLE?!

Some honourable mentions are: Iggy Arbuckle, Invisible Network of Kids, Phineas and Ferb, iCarly, Victorious, Drake and Josh, Wizards of Waverly Place, Jessie and Scooby Doo Crystal Cove/Where Are You!

Posted Nov 20, 2019
    Cardyceps likes this.
  12. When I was in elementary school, definitely Arthur. I also liked Fetch! With Ruff Ruffman for a bit but it became silly pretty quickly. I didn't like Nick and we had cable on and off, but I definitely loved anything Disney especially Suite Life on Deck and Wizards of Waverly Place!

Posted Nov 20, 2019
    Cardyceps likes this.
  13. hmm, I watched so many shows, and obsessed over so many when I was younger. I think I watched the most naruto, pokemon, and my little ponys as a kid. Sad thing is, Naruto is the latest I've watched, ever since 3rd grade I've been watching more youtube. (3rd grade = 4 years ago)

Posted Nov 20, 2019
    Cardyceps likes this.
  14. The total drama series is something I’ve been watching as an adult actually, it’s great.
    My favorite shows as a kid include teenage mutant ninja turtles (2003 series), Danny phantom, Jimmy Neutron, avatar: the last air bender, and that’s all I can think of off the top of my head.

Posted Nov 20, 2019
    Cardyceps and SpitefulNick like this.
  15. so I didn't answer the poll because that's too black and white for me

i had a lot of different favorite shows during my childhood. when I was in kindergarten, it was definitely Wonder Pets or Scooby Doo. After I turned 6, I was obsessed with Spongebob and Goosebumps for the longest time. I don't watch a lot of TV anymore, but King of The Hill and South Park is ok

Posted Nov 20, 2019
    Cardyceps likes this.
  16. Mine would totally be Wizards of Waverly Place. As a kid, I loved seeing all of the magic come together and seeing them grow as people, too. I was (and still am) obsessed with that show because it was just so fascinating to me. With Disney+ coming out a few weeks ago, I have been binging the show so much that it has become dangerous! When I'm done with this, I'll probably watch either Hannah Montana, Jessie, or Good Luck Charlie. To be fair, I'll probably end up watching all three of them.

Posted Nov 20, 2019
  17. My favourite show as a kid was Arthur. I just remember coming home from school and getting home just in time for it to start. I also have memories of staying home from school when I was sick and just laying on the couch or in my parents' bedroom with a big blanket watching Arthur on tv. They also have a Christmas version that I absolutely loved and even at 20 years old, I'd love to rewatch it.

Posted Nov 20, 2019
    Cardyceps likes this.
  18. When I was younger, I was really into Thomas the Train. I was into the toys and the show/movies. I remember I had this huge train set with a lot of the characters.
    Later I got into Spongebob. I think I watched every single episode at least two or three times up until I was 9 or 10 haha

Posted Nov 21, 2019
    Cardyceps likes this.
  19. Hey lads, some of you might be questioned, why I made same post 2 times. Yesterday I had some kind of error because of cookies and I spent about an hour fixing it. In the end I succeeded, but Mineplex became a bit glitchy on my computer so I accidentally sent the same message.
    I would like to say that I was shocked when I seen how many posts there are on my threat. I didn't hear about some cartoon because I was too young or just didn't hear about them.
    I heard about Total Drama and I remembered it as the "island of desperate heroes" because of the bad translation. I never was fond of Thomas and I heard of Winx club because all the girls were talking about it.
    I also liked Ninja Turtles from 2003 because of how dark the cartoon was, I had nightmares because of one of the episodes.
    I personally would like to add Gumball and Sunjay and Craig

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 21, 2019