• 980 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9418 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

"Your account is not linked"

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Envi0, Jul 17, 2019.

1. So, I've seen a lot of people ask why the reports page is not working, and guess what, their account is not linked!

I think we should add a red banner at the top of the forums to warn people about it.
    It should say something like this:

Warning! Your account is not linked. That means you won't be able to access certain pages on the forum, like player reports.
    Link your account on mineplex.com/link.

I don't know if this will make the forums more clear for new people, but I think it should improve it a lot.

UPDATE

I think the banner should be shown on every forum page, so the viewer can't forget about it.
    2 Instead of just showing "You're not allowed to access this page" or whatever it says lol, it should say "You need to link your account in order to access this page".

Posted Jul 17, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 18, 2019
    Zomaholic likes this.
  2. I agree with your suggestion. I see many people needing help something along the lines of this error message: "You do not have permission to view this page." I think adding a banner notifying visitors to link an account will be beneficial and would eliminate the confusion that may arise for newer players. This would hold the same for the Trainee application page among many others. Due to the number of players I encounter needing help with this issue, I would love to see this suggestion implemented as it would clear things up for everyone.

Posted Jul 17, 2019
    ATruePitato and Envi0 like this.
  3. I agree with the new warning message for unlinked users. It gives them heads up when they weren’t able to access to the report. They might be aware that some features were limited, and requires for them to link their Minecraft account. The red warning banner should be at the top row at https://www.mineplex.com/forums. When a user browsing on the forums section, they probably see it because of the red color.

Overall, that’ll be a great QoL change on the forums! +1

Posted Jul 18, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.
  4. Heyo,
    I personally adore this idea and I would love to see this added in our website. I feel as if this will be extremely beneficial towards those players who don't have have their account linked, as for there has been numerous inconveniences with this. I also agree with what @AceSJus stated, this can also work for the Trainee page or the other various of pages needing a player to link their account. Implementing this will hopefully eliminate all confusion with players who don't yet have their account linked.

Overall, great idea and I strongly agree with you. +1 from me.

Posted Jul 18, 2019