• 2813 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12701 Players Online
  • 9888 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Your 5 MC Skills

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by _Prof_, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Comparators are complicated... If you wanted to improve your Redstone there are a lot of YouTube videos and channels. Redstone became easily my best skill.

Posted Feb 19, 2020
    JMPhase likes this.
  2. PvP - 7.5/10 - I'd consider myself fairly decent at PvP now. Ever since I bought an actual proper mouse I have been finding myself winning a few more fights in games. I would say that sometimes my EU ping let's me down but overall my PvP isn't that bad.

Building - 5/10 - I'm not the most talented builder I'd say but I can still build decently if needed to. Building isn't something I do much but when I do I'm okay.

Parkour - 9/10 - Now this is probably my strongest point. I've spent hours after hours grinding Dragon Escape practice in my MPS as well as the lava parkour in the lobby. I absolutely love parkour and, whilst I may not be the fastest at it, I can make a lot of jumps.

Survival - 8/10 - I virtually never play survival mode anymore, but when I used to I was pretty decent. I was good at mining and farming, and my building skills allowed me to make decent houses too. Once I get armour and tools I'll rarely die.

Redstone - 3.5/10 - Believe it or not, this used to be my strongest point. I used to be very, very good at using redstone, but that was many years ago, and ever since I stopped practicing I became much worse. One day I'd love to get back into making redstone mechanisms as they were honestly so fun to make. Although, the last time I used redstone, on my friend's realm, I did cause insane lag (it was a troll but still funny nonetheless)

Anyways those are the rankings I'd give myself for each of my minecraft attributes. I look forward to seeing what others say too aha

Posted Feb 19, 2020
    V3riity and _Prof_ like this.
  3. Hey!

PvP - 6.5/10 - I'm alright at PvP when combating your average player in a game of Nano Gladiators, otherwise I fall down if I'm matched up with an opponent who has much experience. Unlike @Im_Ken, it's my new mouse that's letting me down. I was very familiar with my old one which needed to be reclaimed by the person who I borrowed it from, and it's difficult getting used to my new one. It's only recently that I have found the perfect sensitivity, after having the mouse for a few weeks!

Building - 7/10 - I'm not the best builder by any means but I know how to shape a build to make it look aesthetically pleasing above all, which works in my favor if I'm playing Master Builders. Unfortunately, I'm not very creative in any other building situation, as I can only work well with "themes" I'm familiar with. My strengths do not lie with devising ideas for large builds and structures, but rather simple, yet decorative houses, gardens, you name it; basically your generic finds.

Parkour - 9/10 - My parkour experience is very broad and I'm rating this on the scale of the "real parkour world". When I took a break from Mineplex, I spent those two years playing on a select few parkour servers that only hold the best levels, the hardest jumps and the most skilled players. I do believe that most players' here parkour experience is quite limited to mastering Dragon Escape and lobby parkour, and that only really puts you at a 4/10. DE is just long jumps at a fast pace. There is much more than you'd expect, with triple neos, algebra neos, 3b ceiling triple neos, cobble wall neos, carpet 4.5s, and the list goes on.

Survival - 8.5/10 - I have a younger brother who constantly begs me to play survival with him, and before this I had countless worlds with my little cousins and friends. This led me to quite enjoy survival and I became pretty good at the basics of exploring, digging and farming. It's such a vast world and feels very adventurous at times, especially with some of the new updates.

Redstone - 2/10 - This isn't even worth talking about for me. I used to have an interest in the mechanics of it and I'd watch a lot of YouTube videos to learn how to construct some of these myself, but this faded over time and while I could still recall a few things, I have virtually no experience. It's not as valued a skill as it used to be, and I think its popularity decreased over time.

It's been insightful comparing my responses to the rest of the players here, as some have a wide experience in certain areas while I do in others. It's obvious that there's quite a diverse community with no two players' answers being the same for all 5, which is cool to see!

Posted Feb 19, 2020
  4. PvP: 8/10
    Building: 4/10
    Parkour: 9/10
    Survival: 9/10
    Redstone: 2/10

Posted Feb 19, 2020
  5. PVP:6/10
    I'm not that good at PVP, but I can still win a fight here and there.
    Building: 1/10
    If I ever play Master Builders, I know how I want my build to look, but I can't actually build it.
    Parkour: 4/10
    I can make some jumps, but definitely not as good as some people.
    Survival: 6/10
    I can survive pretty well…on my survival world I have somewhere between 10-20 diamond blocks.
    Redstone: 1/10
    If I have a step by step guide, I can bold something. If I don't, I can't build a single thing

Posted Feb 19, 2020
    V3riity likes this.
  6. PvP: 8/10 (I play PotPvP/SoupPvP a lot)
    Building: 6.5/10
    Parkour: 9/10
    Survival: 0/10 (don't really play survival)
    Redstone: 4.5/10

Posted Feb 19, 2020
  7. PVP 10
    Building 10
    Parkour 6
    Surivial 10
    Redstone 10

Need to play more Dragons to practice my Parkours

Posted Feb 19, 2020
  8. Here's mine

PvP: 6/10
    Building: 0.5/10
    Parkour: 6/10
    Survival: 7/10
    Redstone: 1/10
    I'm really that bad I know :P

Posted Feb 19, 2020
  9. Pvp: 10/10 I spend a ton of my life on this and I've faced many greats like Huahwi and beaten them before in 1v1s so I think I should be a 10/10 lol
    Building: 3/10 don't even get me started on this
    Parkour: 6/10 - lately been playing this but still not as good as others
    Survival: 8.5/10 - I always play on a server with friends and I'm always the one that gets op gear first and defeat bosses so I think I'm around a 8.5
    Red stone: 1/10 - let's just forget this section.

Posted Feb 19, 2020
    V3riity likes this.
  10. Hey! Cool idea, here are my stats.

PvP: 8.5/10
    Building: 7/10
    Parkour: 5/10
    Survival: 9/10
    Redstone: .5/10

Survival would have to be the easiest for me, hence the rating, because of the fact that I've played solo survival for a year straight on Xbox 360 when I was younger. I'm not the best pvper, but I do consider myself as decent. Parkour is iffy for me, as I do know some parkour tricks, but I'm not that good. Lastly, redstone, it's something that I've never got into, and even when I tried, it was still tricky/confusing for me.

Posted Feb 20, 2020
  11. Yo!
    I'd have to say that over the span of 5-6 years that I've been playing Minecraft I've dabbled in each of these "skillsets", however, I'm not perfect. My list goes as follows:

PvP: 7/10
    Building: 6/10
    Survival: 3/10
    Redstone: 5/10

Neat thread by the way!

Posted Feb 20, 2020
    _Prof_ likes this.
  12. PvP: 8/10- I tend to be solid, but it does really depend on the day. Probably win 9/10 of my 1v1s in equal gear, make that 7 or 8 if it involves rod or pot pvp.

Building: 2/10- I can literally only build defensive structures, I'm garbage at aesthetics.
    Whenever I try to build something pretty I think "well what if my friend attacks this" so it turns into a fortress or a skybase. Mad respect for the build team.

Parkour: 8/10- As far as Mineplex goes, I can do all the parkour and games involving parkour pretty easily, but if we start to look at harder parkour (like double neos and stuff) I'm not so great.

Survival: 10/10- survival was always super easy but with the addition of the healing-while full system and shields in 1.9 it became even easier.

Redstone: 5/10- I'm pretty competent with the basics, and I'm a fan of creating basic traps, but when it comes to anything more than a tnt cannon or a disappearing floor I'm not much help.

Posted Feb 20, 2020
    Im_Ken and V3riity like this.
  13. PvP: 7/10
    Building: 5/10 given time I can build some good stuff, but on the spot im complete trash
    Parkour: 7/10 I struggle with 4 block jumps and neo jumps but im great at everything else
    Survival: 10/10 survival is ez
    Redstone: 4/10 I can do some stuff like automatic doors and tnt traps and I can even make a redstone plane but for a ton of stuff I just am awful

Posted Feb 20, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 and V3riity like this.
  14. Do you know how to survive in a Minecraft world though?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 21, 2020
  15. Here's mine:

PvP: 8.5/10 (10/10 when my hitreg is insane, but it doesn't happen often :D)
    Building: 7.5/10 (for bridging, etc.) (4/10 for looks//art)
    Parkour: 8/10
    Survival: 10/10
    Redstone: 2/10

Posted Feb 21, 2020
    V3riity likes this.
  16. My skills :D

PvP: 8.5/10
    Building: 2/10
    Parkour: 7/10
    Redstone: 4/10

Posted Feb 21, 2020
  17. I've been playing Minecraft for a long time, and here are the skills I have overall:

PvP: 6/10
    Building: 3/10
    Redstone: 4/10

Posted Feb 21, 2020
  18. Yes, I know how to in the versions 1.8 and lower but haven't really tried to even play 1.9 or above.

Posted Feb 21, 2020
  19. Throughout the time I have played MC, here are my skills and how well I do at them:

PvP: 3.5/10 (7.5/10 at Bow) - I admit it, there's no doubt that I'm horrible at PvP whenever it's face to face with swords or other weapons. There's at least a 95% chance I'll lose whenever I participate in most PvP games. I'd be pretty lucky if I end up winning a game that involves solo PvP. However, I'm usually good at using a bow to keep others away from me, as well as when I'm protecting my teammates. It's probably because of my controls though when it comes to moving and attacking.

Building: 5.5/10 - I'm not the best builder, but I think I'm pretty decent at it compared to other skills.

Parkour: 5/10 - My parkour isn't that bad if I can take my time. But when it comes to speed parkour, I'm not that great at it, especially if I'm lagging.

Survival: 6.5/10 - I can survive for long periods of time if I'm able to protect myself and prepared.

Redstone: 2/10 - I classify this as my weakest point. It's definitely worse than PvP. However, this is mostly because I've had a lack of experience in this skill area.

So, with that being said, I clearly don't do that well when it comes to my MC skills. I'd definitely be classified as a noob more than anything. It's probably funny too, as much as I hate to admit it. Have a wonderful day!

Posted Feb 21, 2020
    _Prof_ and V3riity like this.