• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6089 Players Online
  • 3199 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

you think mineplex shut down till 2021?

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by nadav1112, Mar 5, 2020.

?

?

1. yes

35 vote(s)
    13.6%
  2. no

223 vote(s)
    86.4%
  1. so I really scared mineplex gonna shut down in 2021 cuz not players
    I hope devs take this and make new games and fresh the server
    what you think mineplex will shut down till 2021?

Posted Mar 5, 2020
    Infui, ShadowRager, jis and 2 others like this.
  2. Considering the new rank release and the way things are going, no. It does not look like Mineplex will be shutting down anytime soon.

Also, next time if both of your posts are concerning developers just merge them into one.

Posted Mar 5, 2020
    Infui, xWand, Eqsa and 11 others like this.
  3. I highly doubt Mineplex will be shutting down anytime soon. We still have a stable and consistent player base, we just released a new rank, we’re working on games and new cosmetics, etc. However, if they did, why would they reopen? Shutting down seems like more of a permanent thing. Moreover, if they did shut down for a year, how would that help the player base, it seems like that would only make people forget about the server.

Posted Mar 5, 2020
    Pirq, xWand, Eqsa and 12 others like this.
  4. I mean they shut down cuz no money
    and why you think new games dev?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 5, 2020
  5. Zzzz....
    Why do you keep on creating repetitive posts regarding the server and it’s stafus, when you’re not including any new information. Anyways, yoUr posts are hard to read with all the grammar and spelling issues.

Posted Mar 5, 2020
    irdc, Scunzie, jis and 14 others like this.
  6. People always seem to forget about Mineplex Bedrock, which is an official Mojang Partnered server and generates quite a bit of Mineplex's income. Shutting down a server that is making a profit would just not happen. It is true that Mineplex Java has been slowly declining since it's peak in 2015, however many new features are planned to hopefully grow the player base.

Posted Mar 5, 2020
  7. Hey!

I do not think you need to be worried about this for the time being. Despite the controversy on the latest addition to the shop, it is still a source of income for Mineplex among all of the other ranks. There are also many of these on the Bedrock marketplace. As a business its aim is to make a profit and while you can speculate about whether or not it is low or high, it is a profit nonetheless. A decline in player count on the Java server may reduce it, yes, but it's not going to eliminate it altogether. Mineplex will only fail when they find they have a deficit, which I predict will not be now nor anytime soon with the current player count.

It would also be counterproductive to shut down the server for a year and then re-open it, as much of the playerbase will have left. One of Mineplex's priorities is to maintain the current player count and provide for these while they still play on the server, not to turn them away with false hope for a resurgence in the network once it is re-opened. Mineplex's popularity depends on many things, such as Minecraft's market, and a business simply cannot take the risk of assuming that current trends will continue. It would be unfair to promise a better quality of life on the server after such a prolonged period of time when it cannot be guaranteed.
    We cannot make assumptions about Mineplex's budget, and your information does not originate from any credible source. This should not discourage you in your argument, but rather assure you as you mentioned that you were worried about the possibility of Mineplex shutting down. It is great to have community input on these concerns, but sometimes there is no harm in leaving some things to the higher-ups. A lot of my words are similar to those I've posted on your other threads, but they are quite repetitive in themselves. You could consider merging them like @Offline suggested above, as you could convey your thoughts more effectively.

Posted Mar 5, 2020
  8. The players have literally been roughly stable for a year or so now. The player base pretty much revolves around the same users for the most part so I doubt it'll close for players.

"I hope devs take this and make new games and fresh the server"

As it's already been specified, there cannot be 24/7 new games, nor does any server do that.... at all. A lot of the new(er) games on servers are pretty much, taking a concept, applying a new twist, and releasing it. But that takes, time, iteration and planning to do, so don't expect that to change.

If a game is brought out, don't expect another a week or month later either.

One issue with demand towards not just Mineplex but most servers or smaller companies are the demands that are pretty obvious that cannot be done. Some things should have more priority but that doesn't mean they're not trying.

Mineplex Bedrock does target a younger audience, and the income they get isn't as "amazing super high" as you'd expect or that profit would be spread into the team development much more. There's also a chunky cut that Microsoft get themselves from the server. So they take a fair bit.

To also say it's been "slowly" declining since 2015 is ignorrant, as it's been "slowly declining" for a year or two, not since 2015, as like I've said before, it's generally been the same for a year or so.

"however many new features are planned to hopefully grow the player base"

New features don't bring players. Games and uniqueness bring players. For some honestly, I think right now, the playerbase won't decline much or increase, but a new game will bring some form of new players for a little while, and most will go back to their main servers whilst some stay for that game.

Posted Mar 5, 2020
  9. you think mineplex player count will raise up in this year? or fall down

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 5, 2020
  10. i see much new players join and i hope they secretly work on something big rn that change all mineplex for good

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 5, 2020
  11. In my opinion, I honestly don't know. The point I was making is that only time can tell and there are several different factors that influences the player count. PewDiePie published a video last year that brought about a resurgence in Minecraft, and this was unforeseen. It may not have brought a large influx of players to Mineplex but it certainly brought a small portion of those that returned. The player count has been stable for the last couple of months, which makes it even harder to predict. A new game could release and this will bring it up, and on the other hand, others may become even more neglected and the player count will fall. We can speculate, but in reality, all we can do is wait and see.

Posted Mar 5, 2020
    MrDragonBoi likes this.
  12. Nothing "big" can just snap and change a server "for good". It's influence, networking and notice:
    • Influence from friends and others.
    • Networking, being competitive to others and being an active competitor, which barely happens on MC servers anymore.
    • Notice due to new fresh ideas.
    Then there would be no talk about player bases then in this way would there?

Posted Mar 5, 2020
    MrDragonBoi likes this.
  13. Hello!

Just gonna give my two sense. Mineplex will not be shutting down anytime soon. They just released a new rank and they're making bank right now. They're constantly working on new updates for the community as well as many more games, Mineplex will be here a very long time!

Posted Mar 5, 2020
  14. Now I not scared anymore

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 5, 2020
    Stormiiee likes this.
  15. Bedrock is nowhere near dying 4k+ players on at any given time, shoots to 10k on weekends

Posted Mar 5, 2020
  16. Cuz they makes sky block

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 6, 2020
    IAmKolluski likes this.
  17. Yes but even before Bedrock had many players Skyblock is still in Beta and only for Knight+

Posted Mar 6, 2020
  18. Are u referring to Java maybe?

Posted Mar 6, 2020
  19. Yes

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 6, 2020
    IAmKolluski likes this.
  20. Oh you still don't need to worry

Posted Mar 6, 2020