• 154 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3440 Players Online
  • 3286 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

You guys should stop complaining so much!

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by DeadSuit, Sep 20, 2021.

1. How do you think it feels to be on the receiving end of a barrage of complaints, especially when a lot of the staff are volunteers and not paid.

Now sure, I get it, some things on this server do need to be fixed. But instead of complaining about it and doing nothing, maybe you guys could try to apply for staff so you can try and fix it instead.

BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN OTHERS

Posted Sep 20, 2021
    Zyta, Arshaad_73, Summy and 3 others like this.
  2. No can do bc they can always take player suggestions instead of staff only feedback (Stm). A other option is wait to be scouted bc people don't want to fill out an app for staff.

Posted Sep 20, 2021
  3. I am talking about those people that just complain and constantly harass the staff. Submitting reports is a good thing

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 20, 2021
  4. Ok.
    If Mineplex wants to change they need to hire the real deal.

Posted Sep 20, 2021
  5. I mean, you're not wrong, but until then, you should do it instead, every little bit of help counts!

OP OP
  6. Hey,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience with players. I don't play many competitive gamemodes on the server for similar reasons; most of their respective playerbases are filled with more experienced players that tend to create more of an atmosphere I'm not all too comfortable with. I tend to gravitate towards more casual games that still have some element of competition but not to the point where it can get toxic. I just want to relax and enjoy my time playing Mineplex - it's why I used to play Cake Wars on Bedrock as opposed to Java. I think a lot of more players are tired of their favourite games staying the same without seeing many changes. Strangely, boredom and frustration can lead to this kind of behaviour.

In terms of solutions, the best thing to do about toxic people is to not retaliate. That's what they want: to get a reaction out of you, and if you don't provide that for them then they'll have no heed in trying to get at you specifically. But I do understand how some players can make the general environment of the game toxic and overly competitive, and in that case I do think it's unfortunate. All I would do is hold out hope for this situation to improve when the cogs get turning again in the way of updates and changes.

-snip-

-snip-

Posted Sep 20, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Sep 21, 2021
    dcdb, 20LeeBrian1 and CatFan105 like this.
  7. It was not my intention to start any drama, sorry

OP OP
    Jet Starglaze and dcdb like this.
  8. To be honest I sort of disagree with the original topic of the thread. It's completely fair to complain about something that makes you upset. I would stress that it's important to complain in a respectful way, and call for change based on the parties that are actually capable of providing change. Becoming a moderation staff member does not grant you any more ability to make server changing decisions, it just allows you to ban hackers and better answer questions from players. Developers are capable of speaking directly with the Leadership team, but you can't just join the Developer team unless they're actively looking and you're qualified.

I suppose I could see what you mean if you think about it in the way that the only people likely reading the complaints are moderation staff members who, like I mentioned, don't have the ability to inact server-level change. Many people don't understand that fact which is super frustrating for the moderation staff. But overall, all that passionate players can do is call for change and provide their ideas of how to take the next step in the right direction.

Posted Sep 20, 2021
    DolphinSweat, hxlo, DeadSuit and 3 others like this.
  9. Agreed

Posted Sep 21, 2021
  10. You are not forgiven !!!!

Posted Sep 21, 2021
    anna dot likes this.
  11. :(
    Fair

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 21, 2021
    Jet Starglaze and CatFan105 like this.
  12. It was a joke

Posted Sep 21, 2021
  13. No it’s not fair

:handshake:

Posted Sep 21, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Sep 22, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
  14. You should stop complaining so much

Posted Sep 21, 2021
  15. Please don’t talk to me in this manner it’s completely unacceptable (I will be reporting you)

Posted Sep 21, 2021
  16. I don’t complain about the server but I complain about the staff.

Posted Sep 21, 2021
  17. This comment thread is gold lmao

what a wholesome moment

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 21, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Sep 22, 2021
    dcdb and CatFan105 like this.
  18. This has turned i to a former-stwff friendly argument thread

Posted Sep 21, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  19. unfortunately you have the wrong mother. mine enjoys a nice cup of coca-cola and she works all afternoon

Posted Sep 21, 2021
  20. bestie applying for staff won't fix the server especially when the majority of the problems are with the owners and other higher ups

aka problems that regular staff have zero control over

Posted Sep 21, 2021