• 3369 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11807 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Yo dog I heard you like builds

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by OakStairs, Aug 7, 2019.

?

What do you think?

1. It's bad, man

2. I'd live in it

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. This is something I made a long time ago when I was bored. A client asked me to build a spawn for her server, and with the time left over I built this little castle to make it look like I was still busy

https://imgur.com/a/lNqGoLP

I picked a Gothic theme because she wanted her spawn to be bright pink with a lot of colors to it. Might as well add some dark with the light, amirite

Posted Aug 7, 2019
    AyyNick likes this.
  2. Hey

Wow wow, you are so talented! That castle looks really nice. I personally really like the front of the castle, and the outside on general. It’s probably my favourite part of the castle. I enjoyed the colour scheme you went with too, with the dark wood and then stone bricks.

Something I would suggest to improve would be to add some more natural lighting, or even other lighting methods like glow stone. I think parts of the build are a bit dark, but since it’s a castle it doesn’t necessarily have to be bright.
    Either way you have outdone yourself with this build, considering you just made it in some spare time. Heaps better than my builds. Can’t wait to see more. :)

Posted Aug 8, 2019
  3. looks good

Posted Aug 8, 2019
  4. I don't even know where to start with this build. It is astonishing how well designed it is. I love what you did to the outside of the castle, it has a nice flow. Aesthetically, the build looks amazing. Interior wise, I feel you could improve on is the awkward design for the table and chairs. Perhaps add more images of the other interior in the castle as well?

My only suggestion would be to find a better terrain to put that at. Not only is it above water, it is very uneven and confusing. Good job on the build though either way, looks great!

Posted Aug 8, 2019
  5. Not bad, I really enjoyed the detail you put in the roof as I always find that to be one of my struggle spots. I also really enjoyed the pallet you used as color can make a build change drastically. A few of my suggestions would be to add some greenery around the spawn you build as it will add some color contrast, which will overall enlighten the mood of your build. Besides that, another suggestion I have for you is to focus more on the space around you as I got a mood of claustrophobia while looking at the screenshots. And this can be for many reasons such as too much detail, too much interior, or just very tight walls. But anyway, good build overall.
    :happyt3:

Posted Aug 8, 2019
  6. I really like this build! The colors used really sets the theme. This is most definitely something I would want to live in xD. Everything has so much detail and depth and it flows so smooth. Once again, great job on the build and I’d love to see more of your work! :)

Posted Aug 8, 2019
  7. That looks really nice, I'm loving your builds. I agree, some dark colors are a nice contrast to the brighter ones at spawn. The leaf blocks used in the walls and roof kind of make it look old, but well kept instead of overgrown. I'd like to see some more of the interior if possible, the dining hall (I think that's what it's meant to be) has some style to it.

Posted Aug 13, 2019