• 541 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2833 Players Online
  • 2292 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

XP Levels

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Sake, Sep 29, 2020.

?

Should this idea be implemented?

1. Yes

89.7%
  2. No

10.3%
  1. Hey there!

I know this is kind of just a small suggestion but I believe the small suggestions help to contribute to the bigger image.

Getting to the main idea here, I recently checked my stats whilst I'm on the way to the gold level 60's but every single time I did the command /xp I had to calculate every single time the distance between my current experience through the level and the final amount to find out how much I needed to get to (image below shows)
    [​IMG]

So to sum this up;
    Just above the completion bar there would be text where it displays how much experience you have to go until the next level.
    for example: "You are currently 562 until you reach 57"
    The image for this can be seen below:
    [​IMG]

I also believe this will personally help those who aren't really that good at maths so it will eliminate the need to do in-head caluclations for large integers to find out the final sum.

Edit:
    To also add onto another possible change (credit to @Kippy_ )
    Kind regards
    - Sake

Posted Sep 29, 2020,
    Last edited Sep 29, 2020
  2. This is a good idea, however it wouldn't be thaaaaat bad if Mineplex didn't do this.
    +1 since this would really help people who are bad at Maths.

Posted Sep 29, 2020
    Sake likes this.
  3. I actually really like this idea! Although you can simply figure out how much experience you need to get to the next level by doing a math equation, it would be nice to have this feature regardless. I won’t say it will save people a lot of trouble since the math problems are just simple subtraction problems, if someone has a hard time figuring out the answer they could always look it up, that being the worst case scenario. But regardless, I think this would be a nice addition to have, as I find it quite annoying I have to figure out how much experience I have to the next level, when it could tell me instead. This definitely touches on more of the user-friendly side of things, and I can see this as a small QoL change that would improve the overall quality of the experience system.

Posted Sep 29, 2020
    oCassi, Sake and SPOOKY BOI LEGEND998 like this.
  4. can’t relate

Posted Sep 29, 2020
    Jaek likes this.
  5. People call me the nerd so I'm good at maths

Posted Sep 29, 2020
    Spookyceps likes this.
  6. I completely agree with the main idea of this thread! It's a really useful QoL change and it doesn't look like it could be hard to implement. It would come in really handy for new or younger players who might have a difficult time messing with bigger numbers. Perhaps we could put it right next to where it mentions how high your level is, or possibly add a whole new line saying how much EXP you are missing.

Posted Sep 29, 2020
    SPOOKY BOI LEGEND998, Sake and Rey like this.
  7. I wouldn't consider this a very necessary change, but I honestly believe this could really help out players who are on the younger side of Mineplex. Another useful implementation that could come in handy could possibly be another command that you could use like /xpto <level> and it would tell you how much EXP it takes to reach that level from level 0 and from your own level. I believe if players know how much progress they have left to X level, they might feel a little more motivated because they can see how much closer they get after gaining EXP every game.

Posted Sep 29, 2020
  8. I definitely think this is a great idea! Though it is not too difficult to determine how much xp is left with the visual given alongside the number in /xp, I definitely think adding something like this would be good to have.

I don't think it would be a good idea to have it be a permanent addition above the xp bar in game, as some people might find it distracting or unnecessary to have on their screen. Perhaps it could be toggled under /prefs, or this feature could just simply be implemented under the /xp command itself, as it still would work fine there as well.

However, still a great suggestion, I would love to see this implemented!

Posted Sep 29, 2020
  9. i ont see a reason for this to be added.

Posted Sep 29, 2020
    xGetSpooked likes this.
  10. I never specified this on the hotbar, I was meaning that message to be where the xp command bar is,
    I'll make an edit the original thread post to list where I meant now since I can see how confusing this can be.

- Sake

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 29, 2020
    S1KH likes this.
  11. Don't put down the older people who are bad at maths #wehaverightstoo

Posted Sep 29, 2020
  12. Hey There!

I really like this idea and 100% think it should be implemented. I remember it being fairly annoying to have to calculate the amount of xp I needed to level up so I just waiting till the end of games to hover over the stats and check. This will make it a lot easier for everyone and will save a lot of time. This is diffidently a +1 from me.

I also have one suggestion. When you do /xp as a level100 it just says congratulations, I think it would be better if it told you how much total xp you have instead of congratulating you.

Posted Sep 29, 2020
    nico likes this.
  13. I love this idea, Honestly I never thought of it but that's incredible kippy!
    Hopefully that's implemented with this if this will be implemented.

- Sake

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 29, 2020
  14. I think most people could do this subtraction. Also, you can always use a calculator. I don't think this is needed.

Posted Sep 29, 2020
  15. Hey there,

Just because "most" people according to you will be able to do it doesn't mean that the other section doesn't struggle with this section. A lot of people who are good at maths strugle with retaining two large integers such as 102,928 & 289,408 for example and then deducting them from eachother.

Not everyone has a calculator on hand for that, especially with how fast-pace some gamemode such as micro battles are. Yes they might be able to have a calculator on a website as well but why should they input a calculation when with this suggestion all they'd need to do is simply /xp and it's right there for them and it's updated automatically with the experience they earned from the previous game.

Kind regards
    - Sake

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 29, 2020,
    Last edited Sep 29, 2020
  16. know, you don't always have to be exact.You can estimate, and subtracting 100000 from 290000 isn't that hard.
    ??? ??? ???

Posted Sep 30, 2020
  17. Hello!

I really like this idea because it can give quick info of how close you are to the next level without having to do calculations while in a game. I would also suggest to add a percentage of how far someone is from a certain level in addition to this feature because it could show users how far away they are from reaching a goal, such as level 60 for me. Instead of calculating the xp required and subtracting from your current total xp, this feature would be much more user friendly for the community.

+1

Posted Sep 30, 2020
    Sake likes this.
  18. This would definitely be a nice feature for a future QoL update and would help players from having to hover over their experience earned after completing minigames since they'd just be able to use the /xp command at any time. +1 from me, hope to see it soon!

Posted Sep 30, 2020
    Sake likes this.
  19. Hey Sake, this would be a really cool addition in my opinion, and would definitely make it easier for those who don't want to, or struggle to, work out how much XP is needed to level up. Thanks for the idea and good luck getting it implemented!

Posted Oct 7, 2020
    Anna-Marie and Sake like this.
  20. I've never took longer than 2 seconds to work that out in my head so I wasn't sure why this was necessary.

Upon reading this thread and the comments I guess I'll shut up lol. If this many people will find it useful then so be it I guess

Posted Oct 7, 2020