• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9917 Players Online
  • 7027 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

XP Boost Message

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by nico, Jul 3, 2020.

?

Would you want this message gone?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  1. XP Boost Message:
    [​IMG]

I have recently bought an immortal subscription and as such, have collected my monthly Immortal bonus. I have noticed that this message appears very frequently when switching lobbies and I find it to be an eyesore and irritating. I don't plan to use my XP Boost anytime soon so this will most likely stick around for a while. It would be a very minimal QoL change that I think that many people will not mind missing.

Posted Jul 3, 2020
    BasicT, Im_Ken and Xukuwu like this.
  2. Hey!

I wouldn't mind seeing this implemented. However, instead of removing this message completely, since it would be better for it to stay so people can see how many XP boosts they have, there should be a preference option to disable these type of messages. This can include the XP boost notification, Carl's message, and any other messages that might be annoying to some players. It would probably be in user prefs too. This way would be way more helpful because it disables all messages that could annoy someone, and people can choose whether they want it off or on.

Anyways, I like the idea and it would be cool to see added. Thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Jul 3, 2020
  3. Yo!!

I as well have been receiving those XP booster notification every time I join the server or switch lobbies. It can get pretty annoying and I would like to see a preference option be implemented to revoke those messages. As Free said, I would love to see other notifications have their own preference so players can play around and see what they like. Overall I really like this idea and I wouldn't mind it getting added +1 from me thanks for the suggestion!!

Posted Jul 3, 2020
  4. In hindsight, I definitely agree that it should be a preference in /prefs but you can see how many XP Boosts you have with the command /xpboost :D

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 3, 2020
  5. I definitely agree however I think that it should be an option under /prefs like Free said. The XP boost, as well as the Carl messages, can be spammy at times and I don't see any negatives if these each had their own preference option. Even if the messages were reduced down to only displaying in chat when the player first joins the server instead of every lobby would be a nice addition.
    +1

Posted Jul 4, 2020
    I am a knife likes this.
  6. Hey!

I agree with this idea. I have had immortal for 2 total months, and before I used my xp boosts, I was constantly getting messages in chat regarding how many xp boosts I had. To make this less annoying for players, I definitely think that there should be an option in /prefs to reduce the amount of time that this message will appear, or to get rid of it completely. That way, players could choose to either recieve this message every 4 hours, 8 hours, 12 hours, 24 hours, or never receive a message, which I think would allow them to pick a point that doesn't get too annoying for them. Overall, great idea, this should definitely be implemented . +1.

Posted Jul 4, 2020
  7. Eh, I don't really mind seeing that message myself but I can imagine it can get annoying for other people. Having preference like other stated for this message to be turned on and off could do the trick. Then again, it's just really small thing and wouldn't really make any huge impact on the server if it were to be implemented.

Regardless, I don't see why this shouldn't get added. But like I said, it's still a small change that probably wouldn't be high up on the development team's priority list.

Posted Jul 4, 2020
  8. I like this idea, I wanted to suggest implementing it as a preference option but since everyone here already said that it looks like I'm late xD
    +1

Posted Jul 4, 2020
  9. Hi there!
    As someone who used to have Immortal, this never really bothered me personally. However, from reading the responses to this thread, it's obvious that this message does bother other people. I don't really see any reasons against adding a preference /prefs where you can choose whether to enable this reminder or not. Some people may want to keep that message, just to remind them to use their XP boost at some point.

Because of this, I will be giving this a +0.5 - I think that instead of removing it completely, there should be an option to enable it in /prefs.

Posted Jul 4, 2020
  10. Hey!
    I previously had immortal for 2 months and this message never bothered me much personally, however, I can definitely see how it might get annoying. I really don't see a problem with implementing a feature to turn this on and off and I think it would be nice for player's that don't wanna see this all the time when they join lobbies.
    I would suggest implementing an on and off button for the xp boost messages through /prefs > "User Preferences" since I believe this would be the most convenient way for players to access this. This would also give players the option to leave it on if they would like as well.
    Overall, I definitely think this idea should get implemented because I don't see any harm in it and it can help players who are dealing with this issue.
    +1 idea

Posted Jul 4, 2020
  11. I personally think there should be an option to turn these messages on and off in /prefs. However, I think it should only last for around 3 days. This is because people could forget they have XP boosters and then never get the chance to use them which I feel is the purpose of the messages. This could be a fun QOL update so I don't see why it can't be added.

Posted Jul 4, 2020
  12. Hello!

It's really something which I don't like to see as well, so I will agree with you that this message can be annoying especially for Level 100s since it appears every time you switch server in which we don't have a big necessary to display that every time when you have any unused amplifiers.

I think it can be better if we will completely remove that message from showing when you switch server because it's not that good to always spam something for players which they don't need right now. If players would like to know how many XP boosters they have, they can always use /xpb command (already existing command) which we also can add to show in the brackets when you are looking on the item which shows Immortal rewards in the Carl, so it will be shown after 1 XP Booster line. This small change to Carl will let players know which command is used to manage XP Boosters.

I believe that /pref for that feature isn't needed since it's better to just remove that from showing every time you switch servers and implement what about I told above. Overall, I will give +1 to that idea because I see that as something which can be implemented when it will be possible but definitely it's not something which will be in the priority list but I'm looking forward to seeing that in the future which can be possible soon. Anyway, thanks for suggesting!

Posted Jul 4, 2020
  13. I agree, I had 3 or 4 stacked up the other day since I only use them rarely so it'd be a nice option to be able to toggle.

Posted Jul 4, 2020
  14. I love this idea. That message is really annoying and would be a lot better if i can either disable it or maybe make the message come up less often, because i know i have an xp boost so i just get annoyed how it always keeps telling you, but it honestly doesn't really matter that much and i wouldn’t be mad if it wasn’t added.

Posted Jul 4, 2020