• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5042 Players Online
  • 5042 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed WR/PB Speed Builders Feature

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by 2vb, Jul 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey!
    So recently I've been seeing a lot of people in speed builders trying to go for wr's and pb's and whatnot. And I thought it was cool, but I didn't know what the wr's are or my pb's. So, I thought of a small and simple. When builds are being showcased, on the chat there could be a small line containing a phrase where it shows the world record (and who got the record) and your own personal best for the given build. It's a small feature but it would help out the veterans and the literal speed builders on going for pb's/wr's. It's a good idea in my opinion and would help out a lot of people. Let me know your thoughts on this and what you would add or change to this idea. I would love to hear your opinions.
    Thanks for reading, and have a good day!

Posted Jul 27, 2020
  2. Hey!

I think this is awesome. I think Speed Builders should have a leaderboard like the rest of the games. However, I don't think this should be shown every time. I think it would be cool to have a /leaderboard [name of build] command or something you can click in chat that brings up a GUI that shows your best and the top 10. This command would be shown in the starting lobby, and the lobby leaderboard would show the players with the most top 10 placements. +1 from me!

Posted Jul 27, 2020
    JAKE/// and 2vb like this.
  3. Hey there!
    Thanks for your suggestion and I'm glad you liked the idea. I agree with your idea as well. But, I think it should always show the pb/wr for the build as if someone wants to check it they can't type in /leaderboard [name of build] fast enough before the building process starts. So they can keep a /prefs option to toggle the wr/pb. Although, they can keep the /leaderboard option to see the pb/wr for a specific build. But other than that, I think a combination of both of our suggestions would be an awesome feature for all the speed builders. Thank you for responding!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 27, 2020
  4. Hey!

I do agree with what you are saying - Speed Builders having a world record and personal best system would be very beneficial to players, especially those trying to be competitive and ever so improving their perfect build times. The leaderboard system that @LazyBrayden would also be fairly cool to see as well!

I did want to mention that the personal best system is already on the GI Update docs as seen here as well as a document written by an experienced SB player @Kippy_ that is also being considered by Game Insights. Given this, I would focus more so discussing in this thread about how world record information would be displayed for players, and your idea about it showing up in the chat would be a great way of implementing this in my opinion. Overall, definitely a +1 from me!

Thanks for sharing!
    ~ Bobert / Erik

Posted Jul 27, 2020
  5. Hi! I love the idea of having WB and PB. I think that it would also give motivation for people to play Speed Builders as well since they would try to beat scores. I'm giving this a +1!

Posted Jul 27, 2020
    2vb likes this.
  6. Hey! Thank you for your suggestion, and thank you for the documents you have given. Can't wait to see what happens for this idea. It's an idea I think that would benefit a lot of people.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 28, 2020
  7. H
    Hey! Thank you so much for your response. I agree with you, it would give motivation to more players to beat scores. Thank you for responding!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 28, 2020
    vuroki likes this.
  8. Helllooo

Yes, yes, yes! I completely agree with this idea. I would love to know what my personal best is for each build and it would give players motivation to get faster each time. It also can indicate your improvement at the game as time goes on. I know many people just memorize or have to write down their best time for each build, but automation is definitely our friend. It would be much easier to read the chat and know what time to aim for if you're trying to improve. It's a small QoL feature that'd I love to see implemented at some point if it's given attention. Thanks for suggesting, great idea!

Posted Jul 29, 2020
    2vb likes this.
  9. Hey!
    Thank you for your response! I really do hope it gets implemented or gets known somehow. Automation definitely is our friend! Thanks for agreeing!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 30, 2020
    PieOrPi likes this.
  10. Hey!

I agree with this idea. I'm actively trying to get better at Speed Builders and make it my main game, so being able to view my personal best on a build would be nice. I'm glad that it is in a proposal document since it'd be a nice feature for the SB players who are dedicated towards the game, or even some that just play it for fun! How I think this should work is like, it will showcase your personal best on the scoreboard somewhere while the build is up. If you beat your best, a message will pop up in chat saying how much you beat it by, with also saying that you got a new personal best.

For world records, if SB ever comes out as a solo game in MPS, it should only show up there and not in public games. Only personal bests will show up in public games. Players can be more focused for going for the world record if they are playing solo so it should only show up in there. It will display the amount of time you need to beat to get the record for the build that is shown. Though it will be set up similar to this, you can still get the world record in public games, it just won't pop up (In my opinion, this would just work better overall). Mainly, the issue with this is people using certain hacks that might give them an advantage to get the world record which wouldn't be fair. Not too sure how we could fix that problem, and is there going to be a specific leaderboard for world records? Someone can create one that isn't official or there could be one that is official, I don't mind.

Anyways, thanks for the ideas! Really hope to see these added eventually :)

Posted Jul 30, 2020
    2vb and PieOrPi like this.
  11. Hey there!
    Thanks for your response. I don't know if there is a workaround for the problem you mentioned, I didn't even think of it. Maybe someone can come along with his own idea and a workaround for this. But, nonetheless, I think the PB feature should be added as it doesn't harm anyone and is a simple idea really. Just waiting on this thread to become more popular.
    Anyways, have a great day!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 31, 2020
    ItsFree likes this.
  12. I'm going to be marking this as processed since it is something that the Game Insights team has proposed to the developers. We want to do something similar to the Bedrock platform, where it notifies you every time you have beaten your personal record. However, we will not be including a space where it shows the world record, since it would likely be taken by hackers who are using schematica to instantly/quickly build it.

If you want to read the full proposed update for SB, you can read that here.
    I'll be closing the thread as no more discussion is needed. Thanks for your suggestion!

Processed >
    > Planned by Game Insights

Posted May 5, 2021,
    Last edited May 6, 2021
    Xukuwu and ItsFree like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.