• 1732 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6150 Players Online
  • 4418 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Would You Rather #11

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DabaronDaFox, Jul 11, 2019 at 10:37 PM.

?

Would You Rather?

1. The ability to have full control over your dreams

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  2. Never have to sleep

11 vote(s)
    64.7%
  1. What's up fellow furries.

We got another would you rather this time at 2:40PM for no reason!

Today this one is nice

I would do never having to sleep, it would be so better to do so much work and never lose the energy

Posted Jul 11, 2019 at 10:37 PM
  2. Hey!
    Interesting question! Depending on a few factors, I'm going to have to go with never having to sleep. If not sleeping didn't make me feel tired, then I would definitely love to not have to sleep. This way I could be productive 24/7, which would allow me to get so much more finished. However, if you did feel tired from not sleeping, I would go with control over my dreams as I can't stand feeling tired. Anyways, interesting question, I can't wait to see the rest of the responses!

Posted Jul 11, 2019 at 11:08 PM
  3. Never having to sleep would be awesome. I can play mineplex 24/7 and grind to lvl100

Posted Jul 11, 2019 at 11:19 PM
  4. Reminds me of a good Alan Watts quote

Let’s suppose that you were able every night to dream any dream you wanted to dream, and that you could, for example, have the power within one night to dream 75 years of time, or any length of time you wanted to have.

And you would, naturally, as you began on this adventure of dreams, you would fulfill all your wishes. You would have every kind of pleasure you could conceive. And after several nights of 75 years of total pleasure each you would say “Well that was pretty great. But now let’s have a surprise, let’s have a dream which isn’t under control, where something is gonna happen to me that I don’t know what it's gonna be."

And you would dig that and would come out of that and you would say “Wow that was a close shave, wasn’t it?”. Then you would get more and more adventurous and you would make further- and further-out gambles what you would dream. And finally, you would dream where you are now.

Posted Jul 11, 2019 at 11:25 PM
  5. I love sleeping way too much. I never dream though. I guess if I never got tired that would give me enough time to do anything I wanted without having to sleep. Hard one, I would probably have to go with having full control over my dreams.

Posted Jul 11, 2019 at 11:28 PM
  6. Technically it's possible to control your own dreams if you Lucid dream. Never tried it but it is pretty much hard to do because of a few things that I don't want to go into lol but I would choose to control my own dreams cause that would be fun!

Posted Jul 12, 2019 at 12:16 AM
  7. This is a hard one. I love sleeping, but I never dream, except for the rare time when I'll either remember a weird dream for life, or I'll remember a dream for 5 minutes and completely forget it. However, I think I'm going with the not have to sleep option. Just thinking of all the stuff I can do with the extra hours, I feel as if I could be more productive and all around, more successful if I didn't need sleep. Although I do love sleeping.

Posted Jul 12, 2019 at 1:07 AM
  8. For some reason I've always hated sleep. Baby me would prop my hand where I would hit myself as I dozed off, that was when i was a baby. Now I'm 12 years old and it's actually just about to be 1am. I don't really dream often either. Me and a few online friends actually think I might have something called aphentasia (might not have spelt it right) this is where you can't image stuff in your head. Me and a friend realised this when we were talking about sleep and I mentioned sleep for me was only teleportation from night to day. He asked about dreams and then asked me to imagine an apple, which I thought was stupid. I mean I know what a Apple is but that doesn't contribute to this. My dreams are always pitch dark with other senses instead. But ya I choose never sleep again!

Posted Jul 12, 2019 at 2:03 AM
  9. Heya!

For me, I think I'd rather go with being able to dream whatever I'd like. Surprisingly enough, I actually function a lot better when I'm tired when it comes to getting work done. It sets a reminder in the back of my mind letting me know that I have to go to sleep soon, so I need to get this work done as efficiently as possible. Plus, I really enjoy my sleep so I don't want to give it up. Going to sleep extremely tired and waking up whenever during the day is honestly so nice to me. I could also set goals for myself during my dreams, as funny as that sounds. I could dream about being a billionaire, and see all the perks of it, then when I wake up I can say I genuinely want that to happen, and it'll allow me to work towards something. Nevertheless, very interesting question.

Posted Jul 12, 2019 at 2:56 AM
  10. Total control in a dream means that the brain is fully conscious in that moment and would simply wake up due to the high activity in certain parts of the brain. If this was somehow to be bypassed, then I would like it if I could have these dreams several times, but not more than that as it would get boring after some time. On the other hand, not sleeping at all adds a lot to your life and for me, it would give me an upper hand in studying for school, but it would surely feel pretty weird sometimes. I would be fine with something in between, like having to sleep only four hours and having total lucid dreams irregularly. If I had to choose though, I'd select the second option.

Posted Jul 12, 2019 at 3:33 AM
  11. I would rather choose to never have to sleep. I kind of know how this feels, because I don't sleep much. I sleep about six up to seven hours every day, and the only way to sleep over day is to either be really tired because of sports, sport tournaments etc. or when I turn on any Robert Downey Jr's Sherlock Holmes movies (for some reason those really make me sleepy). Having no sleep would mean that you can be more productive and active, which would mean that you can accomplish more things every day. First thing that goes into my mind when not having to sleep is just working night shifts at work (for example in hospital) and to be free the next day to "rest". So you basically don't require sleep and just earn free day from work every two days. STONKS!

Posted Jul 12, 2019 at 4:40 AM
  12. Having full control of your sleep means you can literally do anything. If you wanted to, you could portray yourself as a superhero in a fictional city, or become anyone you wanted. That's why lucid dreams are so treasured, you can do anything.

Posted Jul 12, 2019 at 2:42 PM,
    Last edited Jul 12, 2019 at 6:17 PM
  13. That depends, when you say never have to sleep, do you mean I can sleep but I don’t have too, or I don’t have to sleep and I can’t? Because I enjoy sleeping and if I suddenly can’t sleep that would be awful. If I can sleep than I will choose that option. Otherwise I would choose the ability to have control over my dreams

Posted Jul 12, 2019 at 4:07 PM
  14. Good would you rather!

Personally, I would pick to have complete control over my dreams, as I think it would be super cool to lucid dream and make anything feel like a reality. Plus, if I never had to sleep, I would feel super uncomfortable whenever I would have sleepovers or be with others, because I would just stay up all night alone and wait for everyone else to wake up. Plus, with lucid dreaming I could literally do anything that I would never be able to do in real life.

Posted Jul 12, 2019 at 4:16 PM
    RodgersMDH likes this.
  15. Alright, so this may sound weird, but I kinda do already control my dreams. Basically, I don't really have what are so called "dreams," I usually just think about things and eventually fall asleep. Not sure if that's sleeping/dreaming, but it sure feels like it.
    dang, i'm weird
    Have a nice day,
    ~BasicT

Posted Jul 12, 2019 at 5:38 PM
  16. never have to sleep

Posted Jul 12, 2019 at 9:28 PM
  17. I'd rather have full control of my dreams. Sleeping makes me feel extra lazy and i love being lazy, dont question my logic XD

Posted Jul 13, 2019 at 4:24 PM