• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Would people apply for trainee if there were no rank for it?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Dan1el, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Interesting reply. And yeah, there are many benefits by being a trainee, and people would definitely apply for the posistion for these benefits. What you're saying about working 7 hours a week without the tag wouldn't be worth it, woild that include that you didn't need to help people in the chat?

The trainee's tasks are to in general, enforce the rules and help the community. In this way, you'll need to help people in-game and on the forums directly. But if this was taken away, and you'd only work with things that people don't notice that well, would you still apply?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 25, 2020
  2. Hmmmm... I wouldn't care if there wasn't any way to mark a moderator, I would actually like it because it means that I can be a mod in disguise and the hackers won't worry about getting banned so it would be easier to find them. I also think that the number of applications would decrease because many kids would like to have some power that they can use for their own needs.
    This often happens on Russian servers and this is sad. I would like to make another reapplication, but I got another warning point on the day when my last warning point expired!

Posted Jan 25, 2020
    Degagelemming95 likes this.
  3. Heyo!
    Yeah interesting question! I remember talking to you about this in-game too! If it were me, I'd still go for it, but if there were no tag, I still think most people would apply, but those people would be the true staff members.
    Cheers!
    ~Sean

Posted Jan 25, 2020
    Dan1el likes this.
  4. Glad to hear that you would still apply :)

OP OP
    Sean ✩ likes this.
  5. Yeah, I'd keep on going; been my goal since I was a kid.

Posted Jan 25, 2020
  6. The number of applicants would definitely decrease but the number of accepted applicants would probably remain the same. In my opinion the recruiters are more than capable of finding out if you apply just for the tag/fame

Posted Jan 25, 2020
    Jedkent likes this.
  7. Let’s be honest, who doesn’t like the shiny tag? Of course I didn’t join the staff team for recognition or the tag as a goal, but I do genuinely care about helping others on the server. I like to think that the perks of Trainee play somewhat of a role in someone’s motivation for applying, but it doesn’t seem to be the main goal of most people.

And yeah, having the tag is awesome for me, but I’d still apply even if I didn’t get it. As stated in previous comments, having the tag is useful for people to see if they have a question.

Posted Jan 25, 2020
    ScarletBlood37 likes this.
  8. As someone who has applied for Trainee in the past a lot and been denied for mostly server image, I could definitely understand the benefits of being a staff member without the tag. For me, I'd prefer not having the tag, because then Recruitment would worry less about server image and more about actual moderation skill and hack detection.

There are far too many people out there who do it for the tag, and it disgusts me honestly. Those people are taking away the positions of other, more qualified people out there that really want to help the server, rather than having that shiny orange tag that also gets you into Subteams.

Great question man, because I definitely would try and go for Trainee again if I could just ban hackers without having to have the tag.

Posted Jan 25, 2020
  9. While no tag would decrease candidates who want attention, it will therefore make it harder for the community to find assistance from a staff member, hence why the tag is pretty vital. I imagine that Recruitment Members are able to determine who is applying to help the community and who just wants attention.

Unique idea though

Posted Jan 25, 2020
  10. I’m going to be a 100% honest. This topic brings me back when I/we submitted my first trainee application on Mineplex back when we used Enjin instead of Xenforo. My intention clearly was for the fame, tag, and shower of profile views and “Congratulations on Trainee!” Of course, I did get denied but this helped me grow into the place I am now, and even then, I still have lots of room to grow years to come as well.
    The denial message allowed me to ask myself “Is this right for me?” “Will I have a positive impact?” “Will I be able to make a mark on the server for the better?” “Do I have enough time?”

So from my experience of being an aspiring staff member, I can tell you that the count of applicants would drastically decrease as many people have said. However, out of those people who did apply for the tag and fame had most likely become a better person than they were to begin with, and I’m talking dramatic changes. For example, I used to go around trying to be someone I wasn’t by doing things that I believed would get me the tag, fame, and power that I had desired. But now I’m becoming a step closer to where I believe I’m supposed to be/destined to do with my life.

I know that a lot of the things I had just said were already stated like a million times but interesting question nonetheless.

Posted Jan 25, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 25, 2020
    Im_Ken, Dillionia and Inf3rrior81 like this.
  11. Hello!

Whilst I do believe the tag has an impact to some extent on applicants I do not necessarily think the decrease in applicants would be large. You can still apply for the tag as long as it is for the right reasons. Essentially, the tag is saying to everyone that you are there to help and if they have any questions or concerns they should ask you so I think everyone does apply for the tag to some extent as you are applying to put yourself in that position.

If people apply for the 'fame' of the tag or the attention it brings then it does shine through with their progress and attitude and it usually will not last very long. Usually after a week or 2 that 'fame' or special treatment goes away so if that's the only reason people apply then they would get bored of it pretty quickly and end up resigning.

Also being a staff member can take up quite a bit of time and give you quite the workload so if people aren't applying with the right intentions of helping out then they won't have the motivation to carry out their duties and will most likely end up falling behind on tasks and either end up resigning or being removed from the team.

I've never really thought about this but it was very interesting to read the responses to it!

Posted Jan 25, 2020
    Im_Ken, Dillionia and BasicT like this.
  12. Well, I do enjoy just normally helping people, I do that myself without the rank, but I'm a busy person and I don't want to spend 7 hours a week on Mineplex when I'm not getting good perks. Yes, I'm kind of selfish.

It's like if you liked (but not loved) math, and you were told that you can apply for a position where you do math all the time, but none of the perks were good. You probably wouldn't apply right, unless the perks were better, or unless you loved math.

Actually considering this, this idea might actually have some merit. It could weed out probably 50% of the Trainee applicants.

Posted Jan 25, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 25, 2020
    Dillionia likes this.
  13. Hello,
    This is a very interesting topic you’ve brought up, I think about this frequently myself, actually. I always wonder if the applicant are applying for the fame, or because they want to help the community out. In my opinion, if you are going to apply for staff, you should be willing to help the community out a lot, regardless of the perks you are given. True staff members aren’t in it for the fame, they are in it because they respect and follow the rules, as well as in force others to follow it. So, to answer your question, yes, I think the amount of players applying for trainee would deplete. Although, despite this, I would still apply for trainee, as the tag doesn’t matter to me, helping other players out does. Thanks for making this thread!

Posted Jan 25, 2020
    Dan1el and Dillionia like this.
  14. Obviously there's no way to verify either way what the majority of applicants are applying for, but I'd say most apply for the rank, yes. It's not really a malicious thing, though. Something as simple as applying as a means to get into your dream subteam would technically fall under applying for the rank; you're applying with the intention of moving up the ladder and eventually working on the stuff you want to work on. I'm sure there's a minority of people who are malicious/selfish in intent, applying for the sake of punishing other people, getting clout, or just holding a position of power for its own sake. But I'd definitely say most apply with the intent of getting the rank, yes.

With that in mind, the idea of staff not having a visible rank is an interesting one to consider. There are certain moderation benefits that come from being invisible, as well as the fact that this would weed out people applying for the wrong reasons- Recruiters could be more sure whether someone is a trustworthy applicant or not imo. The con here is that people would find it harder to get questions answered, and accountability could, in theory, suffer if people don't know who's staff and who's not.

Posted Jan 25, 2020

15. Just want to say that this is not an idea :)

OP OP
    Koronotchi likes this.
  16. As the 1st April fool it would be funny making the staff tag invisible just for fun

Posted Jan 25, 2020
    Sean ✩, Ender Rivka and Dan1el like this.

17. I'm glad to see that you've improved since then! And asking yourself the question "Is this right for me" etc really makes you think about it as a whole, and you get to know yourself better. After getting denied you realise that it's not just about the tag, but the work you do with the tag.

OP OP
    BasicT and xGetRektedx like this.

18. That would be a funny idea! And fun fact, my birthday is at 1st of April :)

OP OP
    xGetRektedx likes this.

19. Glad to hear that the tag isn't everything when it comes to being a trainee!

OP OP
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  20. This is a pretty interesting concept, it actually got me thinking. I think that regardless of whether there was a tag or not, people would still apply. While there are some who just want the privileges of it or are wanting to apply for the wrong reasons, I think we'll still receive a good amount of applicants if it were to be removed, hypothetically speaking. Would there be more? I don't think so, but would there be less? I also don't think so. I think the people currently applying would keep going and of course it wouldn't eliminate all future aspiring Trainees. I think if anything, it would weed out some of the future applicants that want it for the wrong reasons. I don't know if I explained myself pretty clearly there haha.

I do think that if this were to be the case, it'd be pretty interesting to see staff members moderating without a rank and how we'd tell them apart from other players and whatnot. It's definitely a strange one to think about and I've never thought about it myself. I think it'd be pretty cool though haha. Kind of like an undercover thing, but I assume people would find out along the way who's staff and who's not, assuming there wouldn't be a staff list or anything like another server. I think an issue that would be prominent if this were to happen is something that @ClassN mentioned about players getting their questions and concerns answered. A lot of times, people who aren't staff try to help other community members in game by answering their questions, which is great to see, but they're not always correct. That being said, it would be difficult for people to trust in others' answers if there's no staff tag applied in game. Very interesting thread topic, I feel like I'm going to be thinking about this for a while now.

Posted Jan 25, 2020