• 297 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2876 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Wooly Rocket

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by _Gorgonite, Jan 10, 2020.

?

Does Wooly Rocket need to be buffed

1. Ye

15 vote(s)
    65.2%
  2. Nu

8 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. Wooly rocket is borderline useless. It's pretty hard to land a hit with, and as a recovery is completely useless. These and a 10 second recharge time make the move the most unusable one in the game. If it just shot you a little or had a 5 or 7 second recharge rate instead of 10 that would already be a massive improvement.

This isn't a very serious thread, I don't see anything changing, but it's worth getting this out of my system.

EDIT: There have been some comparisons between Rocket and Seismic Slam trying to say it doesn't need a buff, and here's why I think that's wrong.
    1. Seismic Slam deals roughly as much damage and KB as Woolly Rocket, but the thing is that it's an AREA SPLASH ATTACK.
    2. KB-wise, Sheep take almost double what Golems do, which is going to make it easier to land Golems recovery than Sheeps every time.

Posted Jan 10, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 12, 2020
  2. You haven't even practiced the kit enough and you got the nerve to say that it is useless as a recovery? Seismic Slam (minus the damage) is an identical recovery move but its jump height is even LOWER than Wooly Rocket.

Same cooldown as Seismic Slam but with higher jump height so you should go back and PRACTICE the recovery.

Posted Jan 10, 2020
  3. I’ve got 1250 wins in SSM and used to main sheep, I completely agree with this, Originally sheep’s wooly rocket worked so you could double jump, use wooly rocket, and then double jump again, because wooly rocket shoots you straight up, it makes it pretty much useless, the horizontal second double jump actually made it possible to recover, the only time I ever actually find myself using wooly rocket is to damage opponents which is laughable, if you spike an opponent with wooly rocket it’ll do 8 damage and tremendous knockback. Or using wooly rocket to put myself under a wool mine after falling in the void to try and recover which still drains half my hp to do,
    Fix wooly rocket!

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  4. As someone who has played both golem and sheep. I would say golems recovery is easier. Not that you would have to use it very often to begin with due to the kb resistance of golem. Even though sheeps recovery has more height you are not able to move horizontally during the rockets duration. The wool mine and wooly rocket recovery can be useful however its not very reliable. This is because your woolmine may still be on the surface when you fall off. Also seismic slam isnt mainly used as a recovery, but its mainly used for its damage and kb. Hitting someone using wooly rocket takes incredible aim and timing.

Lets say that you were right and that the sheep recovery is worse than that of golem. Iron golem still gas quite a few advantages over sheep. The most notable one being the defense. Sheep and golem both have quite big hitboxes. Golem definately holds the advantage close range.

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  5. This is essentially what I was going to say. I can typically recover much easier with golem than with sheep from roughly the same distance.

Plus, sheep takes a lot more KB than Golem does, and as such is more likely to be knocked farther off the map.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 11, 2020
  6. Heyo!
    If it really as useless as you say it is, then there isn’t really that much point in paying attention to this thread. It’d be extra work for something as useless as you say it is. I don’t think it’s as irrelevant of a skill that you say it is. A good player can easily use wooly rocket with no problem at all. Overall a -1 from me.
    Cheers!
    ~Sean

Posted Jan 12, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 12, 2020
  7. You'll forgive me if I find your logic hard to follow.

Because woolly rocket is so bad, there's no point in trying to make it better?

What? Am I getting this right? Please tell me I've gravely misunderstood what you're trying to communicate.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 12, 2020
    Eroil, leo_thya and Fallen™ like this.
  8. You’re making the wooly rocket sounds substantially more negative than it is.

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  9. Replying to Seans post.

Late 2018 a bug was found and exploited by multiple people so you could fly with sheep using wooly rocket, before that you could Double jump wooly rocket and double jump again.

You said that “If wooly rocket is really as useless as you say there’s no point in trying to make it better or paying attention to this thread and making it extra work for someone”

I completely disagree. Wooly rocket is slightly useful and is worth using but is still hardly worth it without its second double jump, if wooly rocket was fixed it would make sheep which is already unplayable because it’s only a decent kit, has a broken smash and broken wooly rocket, a lot better in many ways.

You also said “A good player can use wooly rocket no problem at all” anyone can use any ability or move no problem at all, all you do is click a button and the move happens? It’s about making the move more useful to balance sheep and make it more playable.

On top of that you said it’s not “a relevant skill” Which is the most wrong thing I’ve ever seen, every single mob in the game has at least 1 move that can help the mob recover, that move for sheep is Wooly rocket, and since sheep is a kit that primarily focuses on hit and run, a move that can help sheep evade enemies, recover, and even get in the air to avoid its own wool mine damage, is probably the most important, essential move for a kit in the entire game.

Posted Jan 12, 2020
    Task, TheStudentUnion and _Gorgonite like this.
  10. Sheep is generally underpowered but ssm balancing should focus on nerfs not buffs. A nerf to the top tier is a buff to low tiers. And a nerf doesn't run the risk of breaking the game.

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  11. u said it was useless

Posted Jan 12, 2020
    afterfive likes this.
  12. ??? If an ability is useless, then that's the ability that needs the most attention in fixing. Any player can use wooly rocket with no problem... It's the fact that it's a horrible recovery and needs its extra double jump back.

I mean, it is very bad. It can hardly be used as a recovery in its current state.

Anyways, this isn't really about a buff or nerf; it's about a bug fix.

Posted Jan 12, 2020
    IsWater likes this.
  13. Replying to KarmaCallamas post

You think that fixing sheep’s wooly rocket is considered a buff but like as in a balance change buff but sheep’s wooly rocket was only ruined because people were exploiting a bug with it, honestly sheep would still probably be a B tier mob at best even if wooly rocket was fixed so it obviously wouldn’t be “risking breaking the game Though I completely disagree with not fixing sheep’s wooly rocket or only just doing buffs,

I do think that most mobs that would be included in a balance change should be nerfed rather than buffed,

But then again I mainly think that most mobs that would be included in a balance update don’t need buffs or nerds but reworks.

And you said sheep is “generally underpowered which is correct so that’s why sheep’s wooly rocket being put back to normal would make it a better, balanced kit.

Posted Jan 12, 2020
    leo_thya likes this.
  14. Seismic Slam's damage is trash

Posted Jan 14, 2020
  15. But it's much easier to deal said damage with Seismic Slam than with Woolly Rocket, which means it's much easier to use as an offensive attack.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 14, 2020
  16. Evira I think you should actually play both kits before judging it and saying that your main is more difficult to play.

Posted Jan 14, 2020
  17. I was an Iron Golem main until I got Sir Sheep, main it for almost a year and got it to level 86 (back when kit level was a thing) then back to Iron Golem. So I can say that I played both kits LONG ENOUGH to judge it.

Posted Jan 14, 2020
  18. A long time ago I mained Creeper, after I wanted to get the achievement kit I switched to iron golem and played that for a long time, once I unlocked Sr sheep I mained that for a really long time until I started playing SSM again years later and picked up wolf, until just recently I’ve started maining spider, it’s taught me that in SSM there’s no such thing as a bad kit lol.

Posted Jan 14, 2020
  19. Bad move ≠ Bad kit

I like Sheep, and there are some people who are really good with it. But the only times I've seen someone successfully use Woolly Rocket as a recovery are when they're 3 blocks away from the edge, even if they are incredibly good with other aspects of the kit.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 15, 2020
  20. I am the best sheep in the game. Sheep's Wooly Rocket needs to be fixed back to the original way it worked. You get moved vertically when you click the shovel, and then you are given a double jump to recover and get back to the island. Wooly Rocket does much more KB than Seismic Slam however Wooly Rocket does less damage. As of right now, I main sheep and I am certain that sheep is very low in ranks. Sheep is a strong counter for very few kits but can still hold its own against even some of the highest tier kits. Maps like Skylands, Radiant Reef, Ardan Forest, and Alpine Ruins are maps that sheep can actually play and not have to worry about Wooly Rocktet's lack of recovery. But all the other maps, like Amplified, Mushroom Islands, and basically all others, require Wooly Rocket's FULL FUNCTIONALITY.

On a side note, nerfing Higher Tier Kits to Buff Lower Tier Kits is not a smart idea because this will cause outrage for the people who play them. It also seems counterproductive and lazy.

So all in all, Sheep needs its recovery back fully functioning. People who say the kit is in no need of a buff clearly have not played it enough to give a full-knowledge opinion and sets back progress.

Posted Jan 18, 2020