• 451 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3030 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Wood Choppers

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by CrackleHarvest36, Dec 3, 2019.

1. FORMAT AND ANSWERS:
    1. What your game is called: Wood Choppers
    2. A detailed explanation of how your game will work: There will be 4 teams of 4 players each, each player will spawn in their team's spawn point with dyed armor of their team's color and a wooden sword, plus a wooden axe. There could be random chunks of wood scattered around the map, and once in a while, a jungle tree will spawn in the middle of the map. Players will use their sword to fight the other team so they can claim the wood instead of the other team. When a player dies, they would respawn in 5 seconds back to their team's spawn point. The game has a timer set for 5 minutes and when the timer ends, the team with the most wood chopped wins! EDIT: Powerup! There will be hidden coins that spawn around once in a while as the game progresses. If you reach 20 coins you get a 30 second +5 "chopping boost"
    3. Kit suggestions: Wood Chopper (Default): Spawns with Wooden Axe, Wooden Sword | Super Chopper (1500 Gems): Spawns with Golden Axe, Golden Sword | Crazy Chopper (Achievement Kit): Spawns with Iron Axe, Iron Sword.
    4. Achievement suggestions: Chop, Chop, Chop! - Chop 500 blocks of wood. | Winner, winner, wooden dinner! - Win 45 games. | Killin' for wood! - Earn 50 kills.
    5. (If applicable) A map to demonstrate: Not a good builder, sorry :(

More info:
    The +5 chopping boost is basically haste.
    5 coins will spawn every five seconds in all random places in the map.

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  2. Kits are meant to be balanced. This is not balanced. Everyone can clearly see that Wood Chopper is the worst. Why would anyone ever use that kit? Plus, 1500 gems is not a lot at all.

These achievements seem kind of bland - there's nothing really special about them. Every game has wins and kills achievements, why not have something new? Maybe Cut down an entire tree on your own or Collect 50 coins in one game. You could do Kill 4 people, with no more than 5 seconds between each kill. You know, something imaginative, that no-one has done before.

Doesn't that mean that teams could spawn kill other teams, making sure no-one in the enemy's team can chop wood? Then one person from your team could farm the rest of the wood, without anyone attacking them. The game seems a big easy to exploit.

All in all, I'm against the idea, because the whole concept of the game doesn't seem to be too interesting - CW has TnT traps, exploding sheep and chickens that bend space and time. What does Wood Choppers have?

Posted Dec 4, 2019
  3. Hello,

I really like this new game suggestion, it's clear you've put lots of effort into this with your detailed explanation and your kit and achievement suggestions. With your kits, they're meant to be balanced and with your kit suggestions they aren't really balanced, the achievements are nice with the names but there's nothing really special about them but the names are nice and your general idea is good. I think you should make the achievements more challenging which was stated above by @KerbalBoy.

This is a nice game you've come up with here but maybe a little bit of spice added up to this will be good, I also don't see many people playing this game unfortunately so I'll give this a +0.

Happy suggesting,
    BlackConfig.

Posted Dec 5, 2019
  4. 1, the kits are massively unbalanced. If you are making an achevment kit, yoy have to be able to counter it. An iron sword, and an iron axe is just to much. People with the default kit wouldn't be able to do anything. This also is the same with the super chopper.

2, the game itself sounds remarkably like sheep quest, and I dont see the point of adding in a game that's alot like a dying/dead game.

It just dosnt seem super interesting. Also with how similar it is to sheep quest I dont see many people playing it, and I feel like it just wouldnt be a super fun game. Thanks for taking the time to make this though!

Have a great day/night
    -Korben

Posted Dec 5, 2019
  5. I see where you're coming from with this game and I understand why you'd want to add this but I just don't see a point in this game as chopping wood is not very fun and even if there is pvp involved I still don't believe this would work out. Chopping wood over and over is repetitive and would get boring within a few games and all the kits are unbalanced, I don't believe the kits should get better depending on how much gems you have, for example look at OITQ, the starter kit is Jumper, you get a stone sword but you can leap, and as brawler you do deal more damage but you don't have a leap making it balanced with the other kits. This game just doesn't really make much sense to me so I'm going to be leaving this game at a -1.

Good luck with the rest of your applications!
    --- Post updated ---
    Not applications I meant suggestions my bad, I'm so forgetful some times :pensive:

Posted Dec 12, 2019 at 5:48 PM
  6. I have to say no to this one. It is similar to another servers game mode. I do not think this would be a fun game as a single game, maybe if added to another game or something, but otherwise it seems boring (to me) to play. I don’t know if anyone else thinks this, and I hate to be a disappointment, but that is my opinion on this game.
    Happy Suggesting! - FoxCatcher

Posted Dec 12, 2019 at 8:06 PM