• 207 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2291 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Wombo Combo? Knockback Increase (PVP)

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by NothinButNetYT, Aug 15, 2019.

?

Should KB be increased

1. Yes sometime in the near future

2. No because I hate knockback and can’t pvp

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mineplex the whole time I have been playing has has not had what I would say is the best knockback. For all of the players who are not familiar with the pvp games and understanding of combos and strafing. These are very important aspects to pvp. Now in order to combo someone you need a good amount of knockback. Now I'm not saying its impossible to get a combo on Mineplex because in some
    cases the knockback can be somewhat good but key word there “some”. Now the mineplex knockback here on bedrock is way inconsistent and sometimes you can’t even tell it is there. Say you are fighting someone on a normal one block wide bridge. You could hit this person at the correct pvp angle that should knock the person into the void if you had normal knockback but for Mineplex’s case it can be the strangest outcomes when fighting on a bridge or near a cliff/ledge. One time I was in front of a player and he tapped me once and I flew sideways into the void and the angle was the strangest thing I ever saw. Now fast forward later I do the same exact thing and hit them once and they don’t even move a block or even budge. Sometimes you can even hit them 10 or even more times before killing them and they won’t take any knockback. Now occasionally you can say it is lag. But no way is it 24/7 lag. Now to the pvp aspect, even when fighting on wide areas people take no knockback and it becomes a strafe game and who out gears the other person. Chances are if your a good strafer you are succeeding right now. Now if we could combine that with good knockback just imagine the beautiful combos we could be getting (: that does put a smile on my face

Make it so that it actually matters at what angle you hit someone. And depending on that angle is the knockback they will take. Basically plz just increase the knockback.

(W Tapping or Forward Tapping is a decent way to occasionally deal some sort of knockback but it is also kind of inconsistent)
    -NothinButNet YT

Posted Aug 15, 2019
    DeleteMe and Kollu like this.
  2. S tapping while a player is against a wall or simply going in circles around them cuz they cant find me is how I normally end up getting a "combo" if u an even call them that with the type of kb there is

Posted Aug 15, 2019
    Kollu and NothinButNetYT like this.
  3. Yeah the general knockback needs to be adjusted

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 15, 2019
  4. Hey there,

I personally agree with this a lot. So many times have I been hitting people in skywars, and they just don't take any knockback and it leads to my death. I'm unsure why there is so little KB on Mineplex, but hopefully, it's something that can be changed due to the certain game type. I think certain games like skywars, Skyfall, cakewars, and SG should all have increased KB. Especially games that have a strategy of throwing people into the void, mainly CW and SW. I'm gonna add this thread to the ideas team board so that production can view this and get around to it.

Thanks for the idea!

Posted Aug 16, 2019
  5. Can we add this to cakewars as well? sometimes theres someone crouched over the edge, i hit them, and they dont take kb and they can turn around and (given that they have more gear and skill than me) can kill me. my pvp tactics rely on knockback, and its hard to pvp for me when even w-tapping will only give people a nudge. however, the only thing i would like about the kb system implemented right now is that if someone is running and you deal less kb, then you can easily run behind them and keep hitting them.
    tbh, ive been wondering if this was a bug or feature. if it doesnt get fixed, a lot of competitive players may go to other servers and i have been considering changing servers, but i find that my connection (internet wise) is stronger to mineplex than other servers, which is the main reason why i play it more often. i do know that laggy people might get slight reach/kb advantages, but a lot of players i face that are laggy have the attention span of a carrot and cant really do much.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  6. Anything happen? Or is it still on the ideas bored. Ik im impacient xD

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 30, 2019