• 323 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4190 Players Online
  • 3867 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Wolf's INSANE dps.........

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by MCgamer1175, Aug 4, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Wolf has INSANE dps and it should be LOWERED by A LOT........

The ravage passive on wolf let's it deal up to 8 damage per hit, snare an enemy with cub tackle and you're guaranteed to build up enough xp to get 8 damage per hit. And if you can't, wolf can just use wolf strike (which does 7 damage for some reason) to send you flying across the map or into the border. All of these + ddj model lag + small hitbox = an easy to use, high mobility, high dps kit that destroys any pubs player in its path. I think ravage damage should start at 4 and be capped at 7 and wolf strike should do 3 or 4 damage. What do you think the best way to balance wolf is?

Posted Aug 4, 2020
  2. Not sure if this is a troll post or not, but I agree with you on this. Wolf's dps is way too high and is very op for farming wins. If you just avoid good players and use wolf you can get hundreds of wins per day.

I think the only nerfs should be reducing the cap to 7 or making it so that if wolf gets hit once the ravage restarts. Another problem is the wolf strike still working after being hit. As long as those things are changed I think wolf would be a more balanced kit

Posted Aug 5, 2020
  3. Wolf has been throw around in discussion so much, and its always the same issue most of the time. its usually something along the lines of "does too much damage" but, i will agree Wolf needs a nerf, not gonna go over why because its pretty obvious at this point.

There are some counters to Wolf you should consider using: Slime, Skeleton Horse, Creeper and Enderman i find Creeper is much better at handling Wolves.

Posted Aug 5, 2020
    shipsahoy likes this.
  4. THIS. Make ravage reset after getting hit. So its no longer a crutch and carry passive ability and instead a mild fun addition to the kit like it should be. Or maybe like cubbed players take 1.5 extra damage, but not ravage oml

Posted Aug 5, 2020
  5. I see ravage as more of a combo ability which rewards players for getting more hits on the opponent without being hit. The current ravage is timed, and even if the opponent trades the wolfs hits, the wolf still does more damage.

Posted Aug 6, 2020
    zytrus likes this.
  6. Yes, the wolf is a very PvP based kit for sure.

As far as I'm concerned, I can't think of any valid way to balance the kit. Sure, some change could be made to the wolf kit I just have no ideas in mind personally.

As stated earlier there are good counters to the wolf such as Creeper since it regens pretty fast. In the end, if the wolf gets a change, I hope the change is good enough to satisfy you.

Posted Aug 6, 2020
  7. This, is 200 IQ on display right here.

Posted Aug 6, 2020
  8. As a cow main it consumes lots of health to kill a good wolf and you sometimes have to try knocking them in the void

Even worse is their direct double jumping makes them run around at much faster speeds

I would say nerf wolf by combining the energy bar with double jump and set the max damage of ravage to 7

Posted Aug 6, 2020
  9. i agree. I also hate it when I reprimand some annoying wolf user and they end up sending me a friend request

But aside from that I agree with most of the proposed changes from GI. Yes cub tackle should disappear if it misses but even more importantly I like the idea of the directional jump being limited. This will keep wolves from being able to run so much which is good because a wolf strategy I see all the time is to run until cub tackle hits a person. It's stupid. Ravage should also be lower cuz no one wants to die in 1 second. Also wolf strike should be changed it should expire sooner and expire once the wolf hits the ground. Right now it's kind of like slime slam but slightly less broken. As of right now I think that wolf has a negative skillcap what I mean is that i think it takes almost no effort to use it but it makes the players seem like they're extremely good because of how powerful it is

Posted Aug 8, 2020