• 3848 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11126 Players Online
  • 7278 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Wolf should be nerfed

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by _SquishE, Feb 16, 2020.

1. I think he best way to nerf wolf would be to get rid of ravage. In my opinion, wolf is a no skill spider that has less armor. I don’t see the hitbox to be that bad, but ravage is not necessary.

Posted Feb 16, 2020
  2. I agree. Wolf can be very hard to deal with when its in the hands of a good player. I think ravage should be brought down a little since it can do Tons of damage. Maybe instead of nerfing ravage, the cooldown for cub tackle could be increased or the duration of the cub tackle on a player could be decreased.

There are ways to deal with the wolf. Since its a close rang kit you could always use the skeleton to keep it at bay and deal good amounts of damage with each bow shot. You could also use zombie which is even better but it's hard to hit since the wolf has a small hitbox and the zombie only shoots 1 arrow, unlike the skeleton.

Posted Feb 16, 2020
  3. I do agree that wolf definitely needs a debuff, but removing the ravage would cause a lot of uproar in the SSM community since that's what a lot of players main. Only things I would suggest is to debuff the armor the wolf kit has, or debuff the ravage move. This kit and creeper are the ones that seem to have the most people talking about debuffing it.

Posted Feb 16, 2020
  4. Debuf Wolfs Regen and some armor and we good

Posted Feb 16, 2020
  5. I don't really care how they nerf wolf I'm just so sick and tired of the high level ones shredding me in half a second

Posted Feb 17, 2020
  6. -1, it's not too op, its easy to counter with other kits
    as a wolf player myself, I get easily killed by others

Posted Feb 17, 2020
  7. Exactly! Wolf doesn't need a nerf. It is a very damaging kit, but it is balanced because of it's decently low armor. Now I know its armor is not ridiculously low like say chicken, but it is a melee only kit. Cub tackle is its only ranged ability and it does decent damage but it holds them down while you can go in and punish them. I don't use it because I'm a spider player but it is still a balanced kit. If you are a decent player, you will win a bit with it. If you are an advanced player, you might win a lot. But hey, that's just how it is with ANY kit. If I play SSM with my friend in an mps, I can win with any kit because I am truly just better than him. And that's what it all eventually boils down to... The pro players win and the people that have actual lives lose.

Sincerest regards, xRetnuh

Posted Feb 17, 2020
  8. And like I stated above "PewDiePizza," If the high level players played almost any kit they would still destroy you. And that is because wolf is not an op kit it's just a fun kit to use when you are really good and bored lol. Try using it if you think it's so good! You will see
    :willy:

Posted Feb 17, 2020
  9. ngl horse is more needing of a nerf than wolf

Posted Feb 17, 2020
  10. In my opinion, I don't think anything needs to change in SSM. I think it is perfect as it is and Mineplex should focus more on adding better games and fixing the recent bugs with "IMMORTAL" rank.

Posted Feb 17, 2020
  11. I already used wolf a few times and I didn't think that it took that much effort to be decent at it. Love the fact that you assume that I can get destroyed by any high level player. That isn't true either. If they use something else that isn't creeper, then I have a chance against most of them and can still beat them or at least get them down to one life. But if it's a wolf main then I am completely screwed.

Posted Feb 17, 2020
  12. Your weakness then, nothing more to it! But wolf is not that good, in fact it is probably one of the harder kits to use. It is balanced and I will not be replying to this thread anymore. I have stated the facts and that's enough. I am not going to argue when I know I am right. And to answer your question I used to be a wolf main but stopped because it wasn't really that good to me.

Posted Feb 17, 2020
  13. I'm not sure what changes Wolf needs exactly, but it definitely needs some.

At this point every time I see a wolf in the game I just leave because I know I'm not going to have any fun. It doesn't matter whether or not I beat them, it's just not fun fighting them.

Posted Feb 28, 2020
  14. I have to respectfully but intensely disagree with you. I used wolf for a few rounds because your thoughts here were the same as mine and I wanted to get some practice in. It is not "one of the harder kits to use" by any stretch of the imagination.

Posted Feb 28, 2020
  15. I think its the cub tackle that needs a cooldown nerf, the rest of the abilities and the passive is fine if the cub tackle gets nerfed. For most kits cub tackle is an instant kill. Though I would say horse need a bigger nerf.

As a result, a lot of players just run and use cub tackle, which anyone with above 10 iq can do, yet it gives them a kill.

I dont think that nerfing the defense of wolf is a good idea. It already has extremely low defense.

I think a good nerf would be to lower the duration of the cub tackle by a lot so it just stuns the enemy for a bit. But a lot of kits like enderman can escape it.

If you find wolf difficult i reccomend practicing a ranged kit like zombie, enderman.
    For me golem also works against wolf since i know how to hit trade them.

Posted Mar 2, 2020
  16. Hey!

I am very aware that discussions about nerfing are quite common and very important, so to ensure that the thread is processed by the ideas team. Sadly, I spend a lot of my times on the forums and don't manage to find much time to play games and when I do I normally play Skywars (along with some others), given this I can't provide much specific feedback however from the comments above it would seem a change is needed so given this I'd fully support a thorough investigation into the topic.

Thread Moved

Posted Mar 2, 2020
  17. wolf can move really fast and it hitbox is small so i dont even understand how could u give it 5 arrmour points , its just stupidly ridiculous since it can kill almost everyone in 1 shot if ure good at it , reduce it armour to 3 points like chicken since it can move fast , it can dodge literally everything

Posted Mar 5, 2020
  18. I normally just go golem and hit trade the wolf when they cub tackle I use fissure. I dont take much damage even from ravage.

Posted Mar 5, 2020
  19. Hi there!

As an active SSM player myself, I can agree with you.

Wolf as an SSM kit doesn't really seem like it would be a super OP kit, but when you really think about it wolf really isn't that good. Wolf by itself with it's only 2 abilities is pretty weak in my opinion. Cub tackle is a pretty overpowered attack but I believe it fits well with wolf as without this wolf would be horrible, it gives a good kick to the kit and also shows that it requires skill to aim this. For wolf strike, most people just use this as a way to come back from falling into the void, almost never will people use this for actually aggressive pvp. But now getting onto the main point you brought up in this thread, ''Ravage''. This passive is incredibly overpowered and not needed. The ability is good for wolf but it's just completely overpowered when you think about it, if you're to get a combo and hit the person extremely quickly and over and over again you're going to get insane damage that just isn't needed, when you also think about it more in depth, think about the kits they have extremely low armor, such as kits like Creeper or Chicken, if they were to cub tackle and the go in those kits would die almost instantly which makes those kits impossible to play when there's a wolf in the game. Now, my opinion is not to get rid of this, I would say just change it, to maybe call it ''Wolfs Bite'' this would inflict +1 damage per hit (only +1 no more bonus damage added) and would inflict slowness 1 on the opponent, this seems reasonable and seems like it wouldn't cause any harm, because the SSM community understands how over powered wolf really is. Thanks for making this thread it was fun leaving my opinion! I hope to see some changes soon! +1

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Mar 5, 2020
  20. Exactly! Anyone with a bit of experience will know how wolf works and the ways to counter it. Though I would think that maybe reducing the duration of the cub tackle will fix eveyones concerns about the kit and it wont be able to insta kill most kits. Another alternative that would make more sense is making it easier to escape from (imagine a tiny puppy holding down a giant machine made of iron, that just doesnt make any sense).

Posted Mar 6, 2020