• 256 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6594 Players Online
  • 6338 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Wolf Needs a Nerf/ Zombie Smash Needs a Buff

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by BryanTheBryan, Sep 22, 2018.

?

Does wolf need to be debuffed?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    93.3%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. Anyone who plays SSM knows as well as I do that the wolf class is very overpowered:

1) Wolf movement is way too quick - The wolf can fly around faster (and is more elusive) than a chicken for cryin out loud. This makes it nearly impossible to attack the wolf, unless the wolf is charging you.

2) Wolf attack damage is insanely overpowered. One cub strike + one mele attack deals over half the hearts of the average kit. I don't need to explain why that is overpowered.

So please, can the wolf class get debuffed?

Many people may not know this, but the zombie class has a very useless smash. The smash simply spawns zombies around the map, which deal little to no damage and are very easy to avoid. So, the only good thing about the smash is that it restores the user's hearts back to 10. Other smash crystals, such as the enderman for instance, allow the user to get
    2 - 3 kills.

Please upgrade the zombie smash.

These are just my opinions on what should change in future SSM updates.

Posted Sep 22, 2018
    JN_PlayzMC and NoHaxJustCats_ like this.
  2. Yeah, wolf is most likely getting a nerf next patch.

For zombies’s smash, I would make the zombies faster. I would also make the zombie become a giant, and stepping on players damages them.

Posted Sep 22, 2018
  3. Dont know if this is true but I heard from a GI member wolf was getting nerfed/changed in the next update.

Posted Sep 22, 2018
  4. Thank goodness.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 23, 2018
  5. 1) Wolf movement is way too quick - The wolf can fly around faster (and is more elusive) than a chicken for cryin out loud. This makes it nearly impossible to attack the wolf, unless the wolf is charging you.

Might as well complain about the Spider's movement since it has the same jump velocity as the Wolf, not to mention they are almost the same size and the Spider has more armour.

2) Wolf attack damage is insanely overpowered. One cub strike + one mele attack deals over half the hearts of the average kit. I don't need to explain why that is overpowered.

You also need to regard to the fact that the Cub Strike attack has quite a long cooldown compared to the Spider's Needler, which is very spammable. Also, the Wolf has many weaknesses, like the Creeper's Lighting Shield, that is activated whenever the Wolf Cub Strike's a Creeper. There are also many things to do when you're trapped in the Cub Strike, like Fire Charge, Firefly, Explode and much more.

Many people may not know this, but the zombie class has a very useless smash. The smash simply spawns zombies around the map, which deal little to no damage and are very easy to avoid. So, the only good thing about the smash is that it restores the user's hearts back to 10. Other smash crystals, such as the enderman for instance, allow the user to get
    2 - 3 kills.

I completely agree.

Posted Sep 23, 2018
  6. I've had times where wolves instantly rushed to me and I lost 9 hearts in one second. It needs a nerf.

Posted Sep 23, 2018
  7. Yeah, spider and wolf are arguably the best kits in the game. So you’re correct in saying spider can compete with wolf. And idk why you are comparing cub tackle to needler. They have different purposes lol. One literally makes it so you can’t move, and you can die in a few seconds if you get hit by it.

Posted Sep 23, 2018
  8. There are many ways to counter Cub Strike, such as:
    Creeper Explosion / Lightning Shield
    Magma Cube Fire Charge
    Enderman Teleport
    Iron Golem Seismic Slam
    Sky Squid Super Squid
    Skeleton Horse Bone Rush
    Blaze Firefly

And many more.

Posted Sep 23, 2018
  9. At a certain point, I do agree that wolf and spider tend to get a little overpowered, but it honestly entirely depends on the user. There are definitely people at a high enough level where it simply becomes almost impossible to beat and the movement speed becomes crazy fast. The damage that wolf deals is also difficult to stop since the high speed of the wolf prevents people from escaping its attacks. I hope that GI's planned some lovely changes for those two that could be released soon!

Smash crystals in general have a wide range of power, and zombie's smash crystal definitely fall on the lower end of that. I would argue that smash crystals themselves have a negative impact on the game and should either be removed completely or get some serious nerfs and buffs in general. I personally think that they tend to interrupt the natural rhythm of the game, and considering the fact that the power of the smash crystals varies, they often make the game unfair.

I'm interested in hopefully seeing changes released around the more over and under powered kits and some changes in the smash crystals themselves.

AGL

Posted Sep 23, 2018
  10. You just kinda proved my point. You have burn a recovery to escape. If that’s not of the stronger side, idk what is. Also funny how you mention Firefly, when you can easily cancel it since you’ll be in melee range. There are also some kits where you actually cannot do anything against cub tackle. Just used bone explosion as skeleton? Good luck escaping wolf now.

And Cub Tackle isn’t the only thing that makes wolf too strong. It’s it’s damage and mobility. Sure they escape and fly off, bam, you’re next to them in already thanks to your amazing mobility.

Posted Sep 23, 2018
  11. I agree tbh

Posted Sep 23, 2018
  12. My POV is that Spider is more OP than Wolf but both their double jump mechanics are extremely broken when played correctly. Whether that needs to be nerfed? I don't know as I just play easy kits like creeper lol

Posted Sep 23, 2018
  13. Alright, so lets say you one of these counters against Cub Strike. The wolf would easily be able to catch back up to you, before one of these counters has reached its cooldown. So while there are ways to counter Cub Strike, the wolf overall can not be countered.

The spider's movement speed is okay, in my opinion, considering that the needler doesn't do as much damage.

The best nerf for the wolf would be to slow its movement speed and lengthen the cooldown for Cub Strike.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 23, 2018
  14. Don't worry I'm sure we can update SSM after the next 4 cake wars updates

Posted Sep 23, 2018
  15. Only 4?

Posted Sep 23, 2018
    Jam and Cabob like this.
  16. We're still debating whether to remove them or give them nerfs / buffs. I'm leaning towards giving them nerfs / buffs because the abilities themselves look really cool. But yeah, smash crystals like Iron Golem, Blaze, Skelly horse would need a nerf. While crystals for Snowman, Magma Cube, Zombie need a definite buff.

Posted Sep 23, 2018
    JN_PlayzMC likes this.
  17. Don't forget enderman, that smash can do 4 lives lol

Posted Sep 23, 2018
    Vocaloiid likes this.
  18. Smash crystals don't need to be removed or changed, it needs to be replaced. While I do think a majority of smash crystals are overpowered and unfair (They refill all health, pretty much an extra life), I do think we need some kind of way to stop people who just stall. It's quite ironic how the two worst kits (Chicken/Magma Cube), can get people to quit the easiest after enough running.

As a wolf main myself, even I can agree Wolf definitely needs a nerf. While on paper, people could easily say "take advantage of it's low armor", it's not that easy because of its small hitbox.

As for a counter, Witch is very good at killing spiders and wolves because of its daze potion. If they get close, you just batwave them away, or look down and just click for an easy 5 damage.

Posted Sep 23, 2018
  19. It's easy to name off moves that you think will defend against a good wolf but sorry. It is extremely hard to handle a good wolf with creeper. If you get hit with the cub strike you just have to pray that they don't get too many hits off
    --- Post updated ---
    Any way to have it so that smash crystals do not spawn when someone has one life or if there is a 1v1? That would imo be a better solution to the cheese of people winning with smash

Posted Sep 26, 2018
  20. A lot of smashes can straight up take 2 stocks, and smashes are wildly unbalanced between kits.

In all honesty, I think a rework would be cool, but a complete removal would be way better.

And yeah, Wolf is better than it should be.

Posted Sep 27, 2018