• 316 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8754 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Wizards Must Return!

Discussion in 'Arcade Games' started by Franjona, Oct 2, 2019.

?

Yay or Nay

1. Yay

18 vote(s)
    72.0%
  2. Nay

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  1. Hey Fellow Mineplexians!

I'm honestly waiting for the return of wizards. Whenever I host or join an MPS, There'll often be the person who wants wizards and then everyone joins in. Wizards should return. There are a lot of people who enjoyed the game and had a passion for it.

Wizards should regain its throne in the minigames section. As I said, I've noticed a lot of people who ask for wizards in MPSes and then I'll select it or join the movement for wizards to play in the MPS. I don't have much to say besides people enjoyed it and that it should return.

Posted Oct 2, 2019
    Wiz_Techno, doeo and uhDamien like this.
  2. Hi!
    Although I personally do not like wizards and would not play if it returned, I see where you and many other people are coming from and if it gets enough attention it probably will return. However, saying that there is mps servers where you can play wizards for the time being.
    Have a good day!

Posted Oct 2, 2019
  3. Wastingyourtime,

Us wizard players have been doing what you just said. We do MPSes, but those don't always work because we don't get a good amount of players.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 2, 2019
  4. I believe that Wizards had a lot of bugs (such as the resource pack which caused some players to crash) which subsequently resulted in many players becoming uninterested in the game mode and as a result it lost a lot of popularity. As far as I can remember, I don't think Wizards received a single update in the entirety of its lifespan, which caused it to become stagnant for some players. It's quite unfortunate because I personally enjoyed the game mode and thought it had potential. I don't think it would receive enough players to justify bringing it back at this current time.

Posted Oct 2, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  5. I've also seen a little movement to having wizards back, and I personally would like to see it come back! I liked playing wizards on Mineplex when it was out, and I'm kind of disappointed that I played it only a couple times before it got removed. So if wizards was to return, I would try and play it, but there definitely isn't as big of a player base as other games, so I'm going to give this idea a +0.025389 because I am more neutral about this idea.

After all, you could just use MPS's like you stated above, and Nano Wizards is also a little similar to it, so you could just play Nano Games if you want to play wizards.
    (I understand that MPS's don't get that many players, but adding a game back could be expensive.)

Posted Oct 2, 2019
  6. I used to love wizards! I mainly played in MPSs though :-:

I definitely see where you’re coming from, as there’s been countless threads suggesting the server to bring back removed games. However, I’m not sure it would be the best thing to do at the current moment. As a player above me said, there are (in my experience) quite a few bugs with the game. Plus, the game rarely (If much at all) got updates or bug fixes. That in itself is a red flag in my opinion. I suppose there could be some sort of fix for that, but we only have so many developers :c

Another issue could be popularity and the player count of the game. How long would it take for a game to fill up, if at all? I get that that is pretty much a generic response to these types of ideas, but it’s honestly true. The player count has dropped quite a lot since wizards was first introduced. So to add it now, before the server picks up players again, could be hurtful towards the player count of other mini games on the network.

On the flip side, I wouldn’t be entirely opposed to giving certain games a test run of some sort. Basically, it’d be added temporarily and if it does well, it could be a more permanent game-mode. But even that is a bit of stretch imo

I’d go with a -1, but I do hope to see wizards back at some point in the future! c:

Posted Oct 2, 2019
  7. Ok,

Thanks for your guys' opinions. You all make valid points, especially 2400. I was just hoping for wizards to be back. If it can't be brought back, I'm not going to complain. I just wanted an explanation.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 2, 2019
    24OO likes this.
  8. I haven't actually played the Wizards game before so I can't voice my opinion properly on this but the Nano Wizards game seems like an alright mini game to me and it's quite fun if your able to run it. As some other people said, it probably has a justified reason for it being removed anyway. We never know, they may add or update something to do with Wizards in the near future ;)

- lotix

Posted Oct 4, 2019
  9. If you haven't played it, would it not be rather wise to play a match of it before voicing an opinion?
    Also Nano Wizards is basically an open world, op version of bomb lobbers. So it's basically nothing compared
    --- Post updated ---
    Refer to point above

Posted Oct 4, 2019
    Smaland47, Xukuri and SpitefulNick like this.
  10. wizards is one of my favorite games mineplex ever made and while i'd be at the forefront of the movement to bring it back, dev time is extremely limited - which is why we rarely get updates to even the popular gamemodes as it is. in a perfect world where mineplex was still the largest server and had a dev team to back it up i could definitely see this happening (as long as we're entertaining this hypothetical, it's likely wizards never would've been removed since it probably would have enjoyed plenty of updates with new maps, spells, and gameplay tweaks), but the reality is mineplex literally just doesn't have the resources to do... much of anything, quite honestly.

Posted Oct 4, 2019
    KarmaCallama likes this.
  11. I originally found Wizards from a different server, then it came to Mineplex. It was a really fun game, with all the spells, leveling and things like that. I think after the initial surge, it slowly started declining in playrate and that led to it's eventual end. It's one of those games that get repetitive real fast for some players. For some reason, I felt that ever since Wizards came to Mineplex, it just didn't feel right. If a game doesn't have enough players then it won't be supported sadly, I have seen this with a lot of companies do this for monetary reasons(why keep servers up and lose money?).

Also, the texture pack might have had something to do with Wizard's declining popularity. It was needed for the game and I believe it caused a lot of problems with installation and/or would freeze up player's games. I wish there was like a rotating game mode in Mineplex where old games came back for a weekend, or a complete rework of a game and releasing it's concept but fully updated with new gameplay, bugfixes and maybe transform into a whole new idea.

I miss Wizards too, and I hope it comes back eventually along with some other old games! Thanks for posting this!

Posted Oct 4, 2019
  12. It was not needed, it's just every time we asked to remove the texture pack, we were ignored by development

Posted Oct 4, 2019
  13. eh I think the TP contributed a lot to the game. Looks a hell of a lot better than shooting seeds out of a stick. My computer is trash and I had no issue at all running the pack so kinda think there was more of a deeper issue with the game than the pack. If TP was the issue shouldn't Minestrike have suffered a similar fate?

Posted Oct 4, 2019
    Xukuri likes this.
  14. Hey guys,

I think this thread is straying away from the whole point, should wizards be brought back?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 5, 2019
  15. Yes Wizards should be brought back! Wizards was suchhhh fun game and the version of it in nano just can't even be compared to it. One of my biggest regrets was not playing Wizards while I had the chance.

Posted Oct 5, 2019
  16. Heyo!
    Hey, I think adding wizards back into the game would be a great idea! However, it may hurt some players in the playerbase as well. Every action has a reaction, which means that if some people hate the wizard and if it's brought back to the game, well then the developer team will be getting yelled at by members. They will be at a torn descision between wheter to add the wizard back to the game or not! Please keep this factor in mind when you want something added into the game, even if it's already happened! I understand that some players also didn't even get to play the gamemode! I did, I personally enjoyed this gamemode a lot and I was sad when it was removed from Mineplex. However, they must of had a reason to remove it from the server! But personally, I think it should be brought back!

Posted Oct 5, 2019
  17. Minestrike was pretty developed and had a big Community at the time. Wizards kept people away as it was an "arcade" game. The texture pack just hurt it even more

Posted Oct 5, 2019
  18. Wdym by arcade game? It had it's own npc/game lobbies and was not part of MIN at all. MS also suffers from the same lack of updates wizards did, so I don't think it was a matter of development (at least when it comes to drawing in players). Imo the biggest turn off for wizards I noticed was that it was not very intuitive for new players, which led to many players quitting the game after a round or two without actually learning how to play.

Posted Oct 5, 2019
  19. I absolutely loved Wizards when it was live on the server, but I don't think it would be a smart move from a business stand point for Mineplex to bring it back. It really just never had a strong, large community like a lot of others games on the server had or still do have. I agree with a few people that mentioned part of that was due to the texture pack being a pain to load in. I also agree though that it was a visual part of the game is vital to the experience. There wouldn't necessarily need to be a texture pack, but there would definitely need to be some visual representation of spells being used to aesthetically keep the game appealing.

I also think part of it is the complexity of the game itself. I had a few friends that I would try to play it with and they just couldn't grasp the basics of the game which eventually led them to give up on it. I feel it's a game that takes time to really master and a lot of people just aren't willing to put that effort in when they can find other games to enjoy. There were definitely improvements that could have been made to the game that I believe would have made it more easier to understand and ultimately more popular. However, I'm not sure bringing it back in its former state would change anything.

Posted Oct 5, 2019
  20. It was considered an "arcade" game by mineplex before its removal. Not MIN arcade, but just one of the offshoots

Posted Oct 5, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.