• 1495 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13045 Players Online
  • 11550 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Withers

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by @$^*!), Mar 5, 2021.

1. Basically Dragons but with withers, Wither escape. Where you have gapples and swords and leap with a map over the void. Last to die wins

Posted Mar 5, 2021
  2. I don't really think making a separate game mode like this would add very much to the server and would just divide the playing community so that one game mode gets more players than the other to an extent where one game mode is more unpopular.

I'm all for seeing new game modes, but I don't think adding the same game in just with a different mob and some modifications would draw in many players, which is part of the objective when you're releasing a new game. You need to be able to promote it and have something that'll be more appealing to players, advertising a game that is the same as another but with a different appearance won't gain much interest since it won't bring in a much new player base.

~~~

Something that could be more of value (in terms of diversity in games) is adding the Java game "Wither Assault". I am not sure how feasible this is in terms of actually developing it, since some games on Java don't work on Bedrock since there are more restrictions in terms of what is possible on Bedrock; which is a huge reason as to why Java has more games than Bedrock.

If it were possible, it'd bring more value as a game and is something that would be more unique and playable without dividing the dragon's community. Essentially, there are two teams, Withers vs Humans. The withers (which are morphed players) have to kill the Humans from above, using abilities such as sending down wither skeleton minions, wither skulls and arrows. The humans have to hide around the map and avoid being blasted and killed, and each Human has revival potions and soups.

The kits for Humans include the editor, which can mine and break/place blocks to hide in. They also have the human medic who gets healing abilities and repair which works mainly to heal living people. Then there's the archer which would get a bow and arrow, of which gives the withers blindness when they're hit. Everyone has 2 revival pots and 2 soups. People also get a double jump ability to help them manoeuvre as the map generally gets destroyed.

The game lasts about 5 minutes and if the withers kill every single human before the timer runs out, they win. Otherwise, if there's at least one human standing after the timer runs out, the humans win.

~~~

Like I said earlier, I'm not sure how possible it would be to implement. But if you're looking for a game which takes advantage of the wither mob, it'd be better if it was done more uniquely rather than copying an existing game mode on Bedrock with slight modifications, since it would be unlikely to draw in many players and would end up being a waste of resources.

With all that said, I'd be giving a -1 to this idea, as I don't feel it's necessary in the format suggested. I'm not too sure how well Wither Assault would do either on Bedrock, and I'd rather see more demand for something like it. Plus, it might not even be possible. Just wanted to throw something out there revolving around withers which could act as more new gameplay for Bedrock.

Posted Mar 7, 2021
    yvuggu, 20LeeBrian1 and maevestarbaby like this.