• 2257 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10695 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Winter or Summer?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lotix, Jul 24, 2019.

?

Winter or Summer?

1. Winter

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
  2. Summer

13 vote(s)
    56.5%
  1. Heyo,

Just a quick question for yall. Which do you rather prefer, Summer or Winter?

I would personally have to go with winter as I like the cold more than the warm. It is just way too hot for me and I can never concentrate on anything, the same is for sleep which is really bad as sleep is something that I, and everyone else needs! Of course, the cold is not perfect. Its a constant struggle to try keep myself not freezing into an ice cube but, for the most part, its not all that bad ;)

Look forward to your responses, have a great day!

Posted Jul 24, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ likes this.
  2. I like summer for summer break, but I think winter is better because there's no bugs and its cold outside and you can always have ways to feel warm, but in summer, lets say you die of heat. lol

Posted Jul 24, 2019
    lotix likes this.
  3. I would have to choose winter, I honestly don't really like summer, I know summer has its perks like going on rides in the summer, playing sports etc. but the things I like about winter are how cold it is, I like huge blankets I also like sleeping in the cold and it's actually healthy to sleep in a cold bed then a warm bed which is also another reason why I like it.
    (I know you can just have AC but it's just another fact)

I also love drinking hot chocolate coco when it's cold, I like the sweaters when it's cold, snowmen, etc.
    There are some parts where I could say winter does suck but it doesn't stop me from liking it like of course.

Anyways, that's my response, have a good day!

Posted Jul 24, 2019
    lotix likes this.
  4. I, along with everyone else, would choose winter for one main reason. I live in Colorado, so it is either warm-ish outside or it's super cold. I love the hot chocolate with winter too! Of course you can have hot chocolate in summer, but what's the fun in that? I love summer break, but probably after a month of my break I want to go back to hang out with my friends more. So I definitely would go with winter because the break isn't too long, or too short and it isn't really that cold here in Colorado during winter like people think it is. One time during winter, our temperature was in the 60s outside, so I definitely would go with winter.

I also play basketball, so I like winter because it is my basketball season too.

Posted Jul 24, 2019
    lotix likes this.
  5. I think that I am the only one here that likes summer haha. But I am very sensitive to the cold for some reason and I would always rather chose to be on +40 degrees rather than -40 you know. I don't really like winter activities like skiing, I like to go to the open pool when It's hot outside. Now the Ice cream, my greatest love! I know I can eat ice cream during any season but the feeling is not the same haha.

Posted Jul 24, 2019
    lotix likes this.
  6. Summer for me is an easy choice. Maybe it's a personal preference but I like to be connected to nature as much as possible. I love the feeling of the sun on a really clear day, and seeing everything so bright is really revitalizing to me. Seeing green everywhere and all these lush plants (I live in New York) during the summer instantly makes me happy because I feel like there's so much life around me. I play tennis and absolutely hate playing it in the cold. It's also the best time to go on walks, bike rides, or the beach. Being outdoors is just something I love to do lol. Obviously it has its cons, like getting sweaty, sometimes it's super uncomfortable to sleep, and the heatwaves suck. But it definitely outweighs winter. When winter is here everything is brown, the air smells bad and there's nothing to do. I don't like the snow at all. Imo it looks ugly and is uncomfortable, not counting when it first falls because then it's absolutely stunning (but that only lasts for a few hours). I stg something is wrong with me bc whenever I make a snowman it looks like garbage. However I will admit there is absolutely nothing more satisfying than being under the most enormous blanket, in your bed, drinking hot chocolate and knowing that it's freezing out there but you're so snug and warm, and it's an even better scenario when you wake up and realize school got cancelled!! Also, Christmas isn't Christmas unless it's freezing and snowy!

Posted Jul 24, 2019
    Mystic 0440 and lotix like this.
  7. Well, you are not the only summer person ... lol! I love summer over winter in a heartbeat! I hate to put on layers of clothes so I can stay warm... no matter what I am cold, I hate being cold. Cold might be nice to sleep in but that does not mean shivering cold. Summer, I won't be cold and shivering and wearing layers, I love the feel of the warmth of the sun on your skin, to walk barefoot in the grass or water puddles, I like not having to wear much in clothing unless I walk into a air condition store or restaurant that is way too cold then I need only a hoodie, not coat, sweater, scarf, etc. We don't have many bugs, so being outdoors is not a problem any time of the day other then when the cicada bug is out making extremely loud noise, I think by rubbing their wings together... it sounds like loud electricity going through the air, so can't have windows open because they are too noisy. That's really it's only down side to summer. I love having green grass, leaves and flowers on trees, flowers, birds... life comes out to live in summer not burrowing underground for the winter, if I could hibernate during the winter, I would pass it up in a heartbeat!

Posted Jul 24, 2019
    lotix and rexh17 like this.
  8. I would have to go with summer because I really hate the cold. People who know me IRL know I can't stand the cold. Also I feel like there is a lot more you can do during the summer, like you can go hiking/camping without having to worry about hypothermia and frostbite, you can BBQ stuff(I love both BBQing stuff, and eating BBQed stuff), you can go for walks(you can do that during the winter, but like I said, I CAN'T stand the cold. I can't stand any temperature below 70 degrees farenheit so I wouldn't be able to survive a walk). I just find Summer much better in my opinion.
    (does that mean since we had a streak of winter lovers we can get a streak of summer lovers?)

Posted Jul 24, 2019
    lotix, Mystic 0440 and Tweatzy like this.
  9. I would choose Winter for 4 reasons:

- I can't stand heat that comes with summer but I can wear a just a T-shirt even when there are 15 °C outside without any problem.

- Mosquitos and flies are among the few things that can truly annoy me despite I always try to remain calm.

- Where I live sea water is not very clear.

- During summer I can't walk outside without sunglasses.

Posted Jul 24, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 24, 2019
    lotix likes this.
  10. winter because of snow

Posted Jul 24, 2019
    lotix likes this.
  11. Wow, I'm a huge fan of summer for the same reason! My state has the perfect example of all four seasons, so I see the extremes in terms of weather. While my favorite season is truly spring (I love the lush greenery and the feeling of reawakening), comparing winter and summer, summer wins. I too love to bike, swim, and walk -- and in the winter, nearly all of that is impossible to enjoy. Even if I do those things indoors, it isn't the same as the sun beating down on your skin and wind ruffling the leaves of full grown trees. The other things are easy to negate if you consider the good qualities imo, lmao. But to each their own!

That's not to say I don't like winter, of course. I love curling up by a window in the snow, and reading as it falls. As cheesy as it is, lmao. I'm also a big fan of the holidays in fall and winter (Halloween and Christmas, not Thanksgiving) so that has a plus. Summer doesn't really have an exciting holiday. But overall, one day out of many doesn't compare to the weeks of soaking up sun!

Posted Jul 25, 2019
    lotix likes this.
  12. I like summer better because winter is wayyyy too cold for me and I like doing summer sports rather than winter sports. Summer is a great time to go to a park or a pool, or maybe even play sports (even though it's too hot for that on most days). You can just do more outdoor things during the summer, and you have more time to do stuff since there's more hours of sunlight. There's also no school during most of the summer and my birthday is in summer as well.

Posted Jul 25, 2019
    lotix likes this.
  13. For me winter, that is mostly because I live in the Caribbean where there is no winter, 30° everyday all day.

Posted Jul 25, 2019
    lotix likes this.
  14. I like winter because during summer it get's too hot here. It's not even possible to go outdoors in this heat. However in the winters the temperature is so pleasing all activities can be done during the day without any heat.

Posted Jul 25, 2019
    lotix likes this.
  15. I personally like Summer, because it’s so hard to function in the morning when it’s Winter. Summer may get really hot in Australia, though that means I can use my pool, and do way more activities with my friends. It still makes me laugh when some countries call it a “heatwave”, when it’s only in the 20s (Celsius)

Posted Jul 25, 2019
  16. Winter definitely.

I personally love winter so much. The thought of wearing tracksuit pants, rain and cold weather just makes me happy. I really just love winter so much, but summer is great too. Winter in Australia isn't too cold (it's warmer for some countries (when it's a warmer winter day) ), but it's just my favourite season because it's something different.

Posted Jul 25, 2019
  17. I would choose winter.
    In California, winter is actually really nice since it doesn’t get too cold. The weather is much better in winter since summer is scorching hot here (literally.) I like to run a lot and it’s kind of a pain to do during the summer. The only thing that I don’t like about winter is all the bare trees. It’s nice to have the greenery around during summer. But the weather is way better during the winter for me so I’d have to choose winter over summer.

Posted Jul 25, 2019
  18. Personally, I’d have to choose Winter. I think that summer is an amazing season, that offers change and brings upon new beginnings in its own way. Typically for people in the USA, we start school in the fall. Summer is time for us to have our own break and get to do things that we’re interested in. I feel as it’s a season where I always change and come out differently as a person towards the end of it. But, I’m choosing winter due to my festive spirit and love for the cold. Winter is one of the funnest experiences you can have every year. It brings upon much needed breaks during the school year, festivities during the Christmas season, and days where you can just go outside and lay in the snow. While it hasn’t snowed for the past few years where I’m from, I still love the holidays and season regardless. I also prefer the cold over the warmth, as I don’t like sweating a lot.

Posted Jul 26, 2019
  19. I have to go in winter on this one. Not only is summer scorching hot a lot of the days which I hate but I barely go outside because of it. Plus, no holidays in summer beside a few birthdays. While in Winter there are multiple holidays making it my more favorite time of year!

Posted Jul 26, 2019