• 696 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3275 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Winter Holiday Update (12/1/19)

Discussion in 'Update Changelogs' started by BlueBeetleHD, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Winter Holiday Update-min.jpg

Happy Holidays from us at Mineplex to you!

Celebrate with us as you charge against other teams with only the snow to protect you in returning favorite Snow Fight!

Feeling adventurous? Protect Santa and his presents and fight a menacing boss (if you dare!) in the holiday classic Christmas Chaos II!

Come back every day to check out challenges and rewards on the Advent Calendar!

Race through our wintry hub to find presents and earn rewards! And make sure to play our classic games, Draw My Thing and Master Builders, with their winter-themed list of words!
    Changelog
    - Reintroduced Christmas Chaos II and Snow Fight
    * Christmas Chaos II will reward players with Christmas Present gadgets
    - Added Advent Calendar with daily challenges and rewards
    * Speak to Santa's Little Helper in the Hub for more info!
    - Added Present Hunt in the Hub with a title and omega chest reward
    - Added event missions
    - Reintroduced Frozen and Legacy Christmas Treasure
    - Added Christmas themed hub: Flashing Lights, and Christmas Gladiators, and more!
    - Added Christmas themes to games: Draw My Thing, Master Builders
    - Added 2 achievements

Hotfix (Dec. 2)
    -Lobby Music
    -Fixed Advent Calendar Day 2 Challenge

From all of us here at Mineplex, have a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Posted Dec 2, 2019
  2. Thanks! I really love the update so far. Just a quick rundown of my thoughts:
    - The hub build stays true to Mineplex's past yet puts a modern touch on the ol' hub.
    - The holiday games feel streamlined and are enjoyable to play.
    - Santa's Little Helper is crazy, and amazing.

As for DMT and Master Builders, hopping on to check those out now. Y'all have really outdone yourselves this year. Thanks for everything.

- Fallen

Posted Dec 2, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 3, 2019
    FluteVegetables and Sobki like this.
  3. Yay! Finally, time to pop out the Xmas skins and the holiday music! New lobby looks amazing <3

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  4. Woohoo!

I can now play Christmas Chaos 2 and Snow fight! Love the frozen treasure and the lobby treasure hunt. This update is great!

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  5. Amazing update, I'm loving it so far! The lobby looks amazing, the games are fun and the cosmetics are awesome. I'm really looking forward to trying the new Christmas themed maps that were released recently too! :D

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  6. Awesome update! I loving the festive lobby, the amazing new games, the maps and the advent calendar! It's an amazing update, and I love playing it! Thank you so much to everyone who worked on this! <3

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  7. I'm so excited for this update because the player base is increasing, but I have one question: how do I activate the lobby Christmas music?

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  8. First of all, I wanna commend you guys on an update well done. I was wrongfully worried that this year's Christmas update would just be a repeat of Halloween and Thanksgiving with no new content, but again, I was wrong (and I'm glad I was because I'm having fun for the first time in a while on MP). So definitely props there. I want to point out specifically that the advent calendar is a great way to keep players active every day, and seeing it return for future years and maybe even other events is something worth considering. I do have some minute points of feedback, though... mostly aesthetic or quality of life-related.

1. Give Santa in CC2 a Santa head. There's one in the cosmetics menu that should work fine. Also, the reindeer antlers don't quite align when the reindeer are moving.

2. Add Rudolph to the front of the sleigh. He always gets left out.

3. Once the first challenge in the cave with the miner skeletons is complete, teleport players out immediately like in the maze. Currently, Santa moves too fast for those players to keep up, and you're bound to take some damage before you're teleported.

4. Make the Carl West and Santa's Little Helper villager NPC's green for the sake of holiday colors.

5. When Evil Carl is doing the attack where a large portion of the floor disappears, give some sort of auditory clue. The corrupted Carl's have that firework sound, for instance, so you know when one spawns.

6. Adjust the legacy chest drops. In my opinion, only Christmas-related items should be in Christmas legacy chests... that is, unless you want to bring back the one month of PPC drop? There can still be Christmas gadgets in there, but I'd say increase their quantities as well.

7. Adding on to the cosmetic thing, make the reindeer costume set a single cosmetic bundle that you can get from the chest. It's not very fun to only get one part that doesn't do anything. In return, bump up the rarity to legendary. This is also a good model for future costume sets.

8. Have a list somewhere of the drops you can get from both chests.

9. When your team is walking into Evil Carl's castle, it starts raining. This may be intentional, but imo it would be more appropriate with snow.

10. On the Snow Towers map for Snow Fight, it's possible to burrow beneath the ice, break the snow blocks that were in your path, and make sure nobody can reach you. The solution here is to just make that final layer of snow on the map a solid, non-breakable block. Here's a picture of what I mean:

[​IMG]

11. For next year, it would be cool to see some new cosmetics. I'm sure the community has plenty of ideas for that.

12. Lastly, SF has a problem where there can be five players on one team, and this is sort of an issue as far as fairness goes. I don't know if it's a result of maybe not having a hard player cap or if someone from another team is being allocated to a full team, or if they're parties... Idk.

Posted Dec 3, 2019
    SkittlesTM and DC_20 like this.
  9. Yo, this is a wonderful update and I love Christmas so does everyone. I hope everyone else enjoys this and you guys continue to make these cool updates for us.

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  10. Thanks for the lovely update. Didn't join yet but I will after decorating the Xmas tree

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  11. Amazing update! I even got one of my friends from school who recently moved to join mineplex and we are having a ton of fun! This is by far the best Christmas update. I also like how they made some characters from frozen in the lobby like they did in 2015 (elsa). Great effort and well execution by the devs.
    Also, when will frozen crates be on sale? Would be nice to see a bulk package as a lot of people would get Christmas money which in return they can afford the bulk package.

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  12. Looks incredible especially with fancy graphics and shaders. Still need to get my present hunt though!

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  13. Great update, new lobby looks amazing.

I really hope that this update can bring back more players to mineplex :D

Posted Dec 4, 2019
  14. The best time of the year!
    And the advent calendar? AWESOME!
    Thanks for the update, and happy holidays everyone! :D

Posted Dec 4, 2019
    SpyNinja__ likes this.
  15. It doesn’t show any missions for me

Posted Dec 4, 2019
  16. Great to see the new Christmas update rolling around more quicker then I expected. Anyhow it’s been an amazing update, props to the build team and the people who worked on the advent calendar and games for this update!

Posted Dec 4, 2019
  17. Hi!
    This update is amazing!! The games have been so fun and the lobby looks incredible! It really puts me in the mood for Christmas!!

Posted Dec 5, 2019
  18. Pretty fun update! I might love Christmas chaos a bit too much.

Posted Dec 5, 2019
    HeyItsTay_ likes this.
  19. advent was a really good idea

Posted Dec 7, 2019
    Danese, SpyNinja__ and ClassN like this.
  20. Hey there!

Christmas time has to be my favorite time of the year. It makes me feel really good about everything and it's another step to the New Year. The Christmas Events on Mineplex are awesome! I really like the looks of the lobbies and I have yet to try out the game modes. I can't wait for Christmas.

-JYTG

Posted Dec 13, 2019 at 7:45 PM