• 1038 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5153 Players Online
  • 4115 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Win Streak Counter

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by beeb, Jul 11, 2019.

?

Yeah?

1. Yeah

100.0%
  2. Yeah

42.9%
  3. Yeah

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I need it. I need to see my win streak on games that are not cake wars. And we already have a template for how to do this, thanks to the beautiful developers who added the cake wars leaderboards! Let me know what you think, because personally I think fighting for a high streak would be super hype in other games on MP.

Posted Jul 11, 2019
    Acerna likes this.
  2. This sounds like a great idea and I'm sure the building blocks for adding this to every game is already there so I don't think it'll take too much work.

+1

~ Zom

Posted Jul 11, 2019
  3. Hey there,

Just because you need it doesn't mean that mineplex does,

I do see the pros and cons of this;

There is really only one positive side of this and it's to see how you can flex how many wins you get in a row,

The downside of this would be if you lose a win after a certain amount of wins (for eg, 30), People will start to rage and then leave the server, I know other servers have this, And you're right, there is a template for this, but that is top stats for the day/week/month/forever not a win streak, and remember win streaks will have to be separated from each minigame to prevent duplicates of wins on different modes,

Also your poll is wrong, There needs to be a Yes or a No option to be a valid poll to see if people want to see if this is added or not

Kind regards
    - Sakeusi.

Posted Jul 11, 2019
  4. Hello, there is already an option for win streaks in Cake Wars and they show up on stats. I do not think this would cause people to rage quit and completely leave the server whenever it has already been implemented. I mean, that happens anyways, haha. If anything, it could boost certain game modes with competitive players. By template, I believe he is saying that when you go to Cake Wars stats, it has a win streak option shown.

Personally, I think it is a great suggestion. For example: one is already able to get a win streak when playing SG, but it just doesn’t show on our stats. I would like to see more done with this.

Posted Jul 11, 2019
    • General Rudeness Severity 2
    Ahaha I like this guy. Partially because the entire post is a single sentence,

split between lines,

but also because he is biiiiiiig ignorant and very wrong about basically everything he says. Here I go telling this dood that he's wrong lol

Alright from top to bottom...

- Actually, because I nEEED. IT, everyone needs it, because I am the most important person in the world. Mineplex needs it, too. So stop hating.

- I see that we have an intellectual hiding in the fringes, who, luckily, is able to sense a CON

- Yeah basically the positive side is it enhances the experience for goobers like me who enjoy racking up a win streak

- Your downside is a biiiiig stretch. I had a win streak of 37 in cake wars with me and my friends and losing it made me want to play even more. Even took one of my other party members to a streak of 50 after that. And there actually is a win streak stat in cake wars, as I said, you just didn't bother to check. And yes obviously I "remember" the logistics of keeping stats separate between games. That's the equivalent of not mixing the red paint and the blue paint. And that's not even my job.

- Also your mom is wrong, There needs to be at least three Yeah options to make the poll have maximum power. Also, it already has a distribution, which means there must be some significance.

In summary:

ur dumb lol but have a nice day ;)

Have a nice day ;)

-beeb

edit: RIP saying have a nice day wasnt enough to keep the oppressors away

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 11, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 11, 2019
  5. Yo!
    This would be an awesome idea and I feel it would be awesome for it to be added. Of course, some people could rage since they lost their winning streak but I mean a lot of things could make people rage quit and leave the server. But, this is a nice idea and I believe it should be added. Also, even though the guy above me was being rude, he is right about the poll. There shouldn't be only one answer to a poll and it should be a yes or a no to hear from everyone. But, your idea is in discussion and I hope they plan to added it.

Posted Jul 12, 2019
  6. Hey thanks! I'm glad there's some positive feedback from this despite me whacking that other guy for being a dingus.

Also the poll is totally a joke thing haha. I was more interested in what people had to say in the comments. Thanks for posting :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 12, 2019
    Nat likes this.
  7. Heyo,
    I personally adore this idea and I wouldn't mind at all to see this implemented. I'm positive that multiple players agree with you including me, I would love to see my winstreak for a certain games other than Cake Wars. This will act as an incentive for players to reach a specific winstreak, and I'm sure this will play an imperative role on influencing players to play more of that game. I'm sure a lot of Mineplex youtubers will appreciate it, they might want to break records, etc. this goes for players and staff as well.
    Personally, I don't believe that if a player loses a high winstreak that they would leave Mineplex as a whole. I'm sure all of the players will realize that it's a game and it's main purpose is fun, however this might cause a player to rage and to temporarily go to a different game on Mineplex. I've lost a huge winstreak, however this actually encouraged myself and my teammate to try harder and to beat that winstreak. @Sakeusi I don't think @beeb meant a forever winstreak, it'll just be the same templates we use in Cake Wars.
    I completely understand that the main purpose of the poll was innocent fun, however I would add a, "No," response to your poll because some players may not want this added.
    I personally don't believe that the "positive" side of the idea shared by @beeb is really "positive." I feel as if our community is friendly, and I don't see what you have shared very often, players don't brag or flex. Here's an example, "I got a pretty high winstreak, look," and that's all they said, it's not excessive and it wouldn't be considered flexing in my opinion.

I see the minor fight going on between you @beeb and @Sakeusi. For future reference, I wouldn't start a fight on a thread, the forums, Discord, or in-game. I suggest you both to apologize, however @Sakeusi he (beeb) wanted it to be added, it doesn't mean you have to be rude about his suggestion.

Overall, I adore your idea and would love to see this implemented. Nonetheless, best of luck with your idea. +1 from me.

Posted Jul 12, 2019
  8. I don't see why this would ever take place. MP already has a personal win streak counter, and unless this was already happening (which it wasn't, or at least no one complained about it) it wouldn't make a difference. This is also maybe a couple of people that get angered because they (remember, it's not the streak's fault) lost. Most people support this idea and in the rare circumstance that this situation does happen, it is the least of MP's worries in regards to losing players.

Posted Jul 12, 2019