• 402 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6447 Players Online
  • 6045 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Win by time

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by TheBudMan7, May 8, 2021.

1. Everyone's amazing at speed builders, and most of the time 2-3 ppl always get perfect build. This makes a 5-minute game turn into a 30 minute and makes it a bit boring. I propose that if everyone perfect builds, the person that gets eliminated is the slowest one.

Posted May 8, 2021
  2. I think that implementing this would ruin the competitive aspect of the game.
    I am not much of a Speed Builders player myself, however, I noticed that a lot of people enjoy seeing how far they can go and at what point they lose/win to the other player(s) in the lobby.
    Sure, it would make the rounds go faster, however, the game would be way more luck based than it should be (ex. someone winning due to 0.2 seconds or such) and it would lower the skill cap required to gain wins and beat other players.
    I consider the current Speed Builders system to be the best way to determine who can last the longest and who knows the most builds (pretty much the player who truly deserves to win).
    I prefer the game the way that it already is, so I will have to give this idea a -1.
    Thank you for the suggestion though, perhaps other people have a different opinion and will be in favor of this idea!

Posted May 8, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  3. Rather than eliminating the slowest after a certain period of time, I suggest that after a certain number of rounds the time given should reducing. As of right now, you have 60(?) seconds for each build to give mobile players a chance. However at some point I believe people should be getting less time. It might seem unfair for mobile users, but after a long amount of rounds if the mobile players are still there then they are definitely capable to build within a slightly shorter time frame. Then I would probably make it cap again at 30 seconds and let it stay like that for the rest of the game, if it is still going on.

Posted May 8, 2021
  4. I'm going to guess that this idea is for our bedrock server as you seem to be a bedrock player!

As far as I know, Bedrock Speed Builders isn't necessarily never-ending, after a while the game will just stop as a tie, not giving a definitive winner.

In my opinion, I believe Speed Builders on Bedrock should be more like SB on Java. On Java, the games will start giving less and less times to complete builds, until the remaining players just can't keep up. That way, there will always be a winner, even if two amazing players are going against each other.

Posted May 24, 2021
    Printiel likes this.
  5. Slightly unrelated, but one time I lost the game right as it timed out and it didn't actually technically count as a loss for me xD

My platform was destroyed and everything, it just didn't fully register! It was the best timing

Posted May 24, 2021
    zapig likes this.
  6. Hey,

I personally don't think we should do this, as others said:

If we implemented a timer for each build and with it going down every round, it adds more difficulty to it. In addition to that, the Bedrock server has the issue where it'll cycle through the same builds and some players are better at some builds than other builds. In my opinion, if we fixed both of these issues, it'll create for a better game in the long run and a lot funner!

Thanks,

Harry!

Posted May 25, 2021
  7. Hey, I'm gonna try and touch on this point, as well as some that others here have made:

In response to your idea for sudden death in a faceoff, I don't like the idea of that, as it kinda ruins the fun for the player who may have just gotten eliminated through pure chance, since there's no real algorithm to which builds get thrown as far as I know. For this reason, I'm gonna have to give this a -1.

Now, @Emiliee talked about making bedrock SB more like Java, where the time decreases each round, which, due to mobile players not being able to click/tap as fast as PC/controller players, would most likely end up just unfairly eliminating mobile players faster. The best way to speed up the game would be to manipulate the other aspects of the game, like throwing harder builds as the game goes on, or eliminating all players under a certain percentage in the later rounds. Though, if we had no other choice but to decrease the round timer, I would say to go no lower than 45 seconds.

Also completely unrelated but I was @Printiel's opponent in the game he mentioned.

Posted May 27, 2021