• 956 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8637 Players Online
  • 7681 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by LegoNick1208, Apr 9, 2021.

?

Is this anticheat good or completely dumb and a waste of time

1. Its perfect, nothing could possibly go wrong with it, LegoNick your a complete idiot

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  2. Its a dumb waste of time and needs to be fixed

16 vote(s)
    84.2%
  1. I want everyone to come here and write a post saying what game they were playing, and what hacks people had. Ive had enough with getting into a game, and finding 2 hackers, playing again to fine 5 more. If enough people post hacking issues, something might happen by the next generation? I am sorry if i am rude, but this is a stupid mess.
    I just had a ka guy fly around and kill all the teams in cakewars in a second. I had a team of reach kids hold all 4 em points, one person per point, and never got close, they could hit you almost as you got on the bridge to the point. Im just done.

Posted Apr 9, 2021
    thawazp likes this.
  2. The anticheat needs plenty of updating, unfortunately this isn't anything that we can personally take care of and is all up to development. Bedrock lacks in proper developers and ACs are hard to code.

If you see hackers in your game, you can record them. Then you can submit a report and the players will get banned. Alternatively, you can join the Mineplex discord and report players as you play in the #report-players channel. And finally, you can also try going into Lobby-1 through Lobby-5 and seeing if any staff are there - but there is a pretty big shortage of staff members for Bedrock, so it's best if you do the other two things I mentioned.

Posted Apr 9, 2021
  3. only moajng can fix this
    you can vote for features/mods/mobs on the mojang website
    https://feedback.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/community/posts

you can find a few to vote on by looking or searching for "anti cheat"
    this is where 100k people voted for the cave update and they listened
    so they do look at this often for future updates

Posted Apr 9, 2021
  4. But heres the thing - i cant report them
    To report them i need to go here, to this website. Now, i play on xbox and conputer. If i am on xbox, i cant go downstairs to report them, i would not remember their name - my fault - and i would get kicked for inactivity after 5 seconds. If on computer, i cant go to google chrome - what i use - whithout getting kicked out of whatever world, server, or realm i am in. I dont know if it happens to others, but thats how it works. We need at the very least a /report. Years ago, that might not be needed, now the anticheat is stupid without it. Mineplex is 4-5 years behind its time.
    Edit: lol i cant spell i wont fix it all just saying dont roast me
    Edit 2: discord does the same thing as chrome
    Edit 3: i found a good thread about this issue, but it was locked (Bet this one will be locked soon lol). I'll link it here - the reply's say that it was approved, and they are right, but that was years ago and nothing has happened.

How can mojang fix it? its an anticheat on a server. They need to fix it, mojang cant make an anticheat, some servers live off hackers, 2b2t on java for example

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 9, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Apr 10, 2021
  5. they do fix it, my hacks dont work anywhere when they update the games sometimes[i dont use it on mineplex only realms]

but when people can spawn items in on worlds, realms and servers thats mojangs problem if i "baby it" for you

Posted Apr 9, 2021,
    Last edited Apr 9, 2021
  6. Hey,

Unfortunately reporting a player can be difficult on Bedrock. You've said you get kicked out of the server you're in when you try to exit the Minecraft window; this happens to me too and it makes things extremely inconvenient. If you're playing on Windows 10 and you manage to record evidence using free recording software, you'll have to then exit the game, upload your video to YouTube and link it in a report at https://www.mineplex.com/reports. As for doing the same thing on other Bedrock platforms, it's even more of a hassle. You'd have to record a capture on Xbox and then transfer it to a device on which you can upload content to YouTube, like a PC.

Given the frustration you'd experience with this, it's totally understandable you're looking to the anticheat as a solution. However, it doesn't seem likely we're going to be informed of any developments. To explain further, the concept of a 'town hall meeting' is a get-together of community, staff, and higherups where updates are shared with players. There is also a Q&A portion to the meeting. During February's town hall meeting, when asked "Will the Bedrock anticheat be improved in the near future?", AlexTheCoder addressed this by replying, "Presumably. You won't hear very much about the anticheat, as it's very internal and not announced.".

Luckily, a /report system was approved by our Bedrock developer, gyroninja, a while ago. This should make it a lot easier to report hackers (especially considering your difficulties with gathering and uploading evidence), allowing staff members to come directly to your game to assist you. We don't know when this will be implemented, but at least be assured the Developers recognise the importance of having a functioning /report system on Bedrock, similar to what Java has.

Until then, it seems you only have two alternatives. The first is to figure out workarounds for reporting on the forums, such as noting down the name of the hackers before you leave, or quitting Minecraft to report the players after recording evidence on your PC. I understand it's inconvenient, but it's all you can do. The other option is to join the Mineplex Discord (discord.mineplex.com) and utilise the #report-players channel to alert a Bedrock staff member, who will then come to your game. And then there's the final option, which is to wait patiently for the /report system to be later implemented on Bedrock as promised. Yes, it was ages ago, but rest assured they haven't forgotten and it's somewhere down that list of priorities.

Hopefully this helps.

Posted Apr 9, 2021
  7. While I don't think the Anti-Cheat is garbage as you suggested in your post I do think it needs updated. However, there are some challenges. I have worked with Anti-Cheat plugins before and they are extremely hard to perfect because it is very difficult to distinguish whether a player is hacking, lagging or having some other issue. Also, there are numerous hack clients, each with different "features" and it is hard to combat them all. Mineplex Bedrock GWEN can detect fly hacking because that can be easily distinguished. Other forms of hacking, PvP hacks are more challenging to detect. Even if the Anti-Cheat was just detecting and not preventing players from hacking by canceling their actions, it would still require a significant amount of work. Most likely Mineplex would need to hire an Anti-Cheat developer who has experience combating hacked clients. This would definitely be a great idea and would help out Moderators a lot but it still would not be 100% effective and false bans by the Anti-Cheat could start becoming more frequent.

Posted Apr 9, 2021
  8. Yep there are hackers everywhere and especially in survival since theyve taken away eleytra and other items it incentivizes people to hack while vanilla players have lost all the possible ways to defend against it and same with multiplayer hackers have an unfair advantage and it only teaches them that hacks=win

Posted Apr 10, 2021
    MaybeMulti likes this.
  9. They can fix a specific hack, useing glitch, etc they cant ban all hacks

Not all people have discord, including me. When will /report come? its been forever

They are hard, i know this. But, it cant take that long to add a /report, if thats all you focused on, so many people already have one

exactly

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 10, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Apr 21, 2021
    thawazp likes this.
  10. You said 2b2t server, but bedrock is different because hacking is against Xbox/Microsoft terms of service hacking on Minecraft would be like hacking on call of duty halo or any other Xbox games unlike Java where it’s clients or mods and not actually editing the game files in TOS Ways

Posted Apr 10, 2021
  11. In your original post you only addressed the Anti-Cheat. I do think the addition of a /report command would be useful but that is probably a different topic for a different thread even though it relates to the Anti-Cheat. It definitely would be beneficial but even a /report command will have issues that will need to be dealt with before implementing.

Posted Apr 10, 2021
  12. It’s not about how long it takes, it’s about the major flaws of having a /report system. If everyone has access to an “I lost that guy must have hacks” button then at least 20% of people are gonna use it and it would be difficult to differentiate who’s actually hacking and who’s just upset about losing a fair fight.

Posted Apr 11, 2021
  13. The /report system is already a thing on Java, and the above is not as big of a problem as you think it is. Of course, there are some troll reports, which is why somebody can get blacklisted from posting more. However overall they are true. There are also reports for a person that isn't hacking and chances are the reporter simply lost a fight, but it takes such a short time to handle those it's not a big deal (plus, with a lot you can tell if they're angry just by the reason people report others for).

Posted Apr 11, 2021
    TheNamesAngel likes this.
  14. Yeah, if you don't have access to Discord, then your only option is to try a workaround for reporting at https://www.mineplex.com/reports (like noting down the name/s of the hacker/s and then logging out of Minecraft to report them on Windows 10) or wait for /report to be implemented. Unfortunately, I can't answer your question. We have no idea when /report will come; all we know is that it's in the works as stated by our Bedrock developer, gyroninja. We have limited dev time, meaning that some things have to be prioritised before others. It seems that while /report is fundamental, it's been further down the priority list since the idea was approved. But who knows how close we are to getting it now - the truth of the matter is we just don't know, and we most likely won't until we get that announcement.

Posted Apr 11, 2021
  15. Am i the only one who rarely find hackers or what

Posted Apr 11, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  16. funny when people complain, its like i wouldnt want to see them before they fixed creative mode items
    or going back farther....OP COMMANDS hacks

Posted Apr 11, 2021
    Orangey likes this.
  17. i dont know the specifics, but you cant really ban hacking, its just something that will happen

issues that should be resolved before it is released?

Thats an issue that cant be fixed, but i have seen many mods and staff, trainees, etc (But only 1 dev?????) and they can do the filtering

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 11, 2021,
  18. but people have been banned from xbox/microsoft by using bedrock hacks
    like you said hacking comunitys like 2b2t just dont work on bedrock and they try to patch hacks
    buts its not an anti cheat , witch is what they need to add

just like call of duty, any one hacks they get microsoft ban
    [​IMG]

Posted Apr 11, 2021
  19. exactly, it is not hard

that was a while ago and has not had much done with it

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 11, 2021,