• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why YOU are bad at SSM

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Crash, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Snowwii

Snowwii

I realize spider is ranked the highest on the tierlist, but I always had difficulty with it. I guess practice would help but SSM isn't my kinda game atm.

Posted Feb 20, 2019
  2. DaGourmand

DaGourmand

That thinking is why you have twice as many losses as wins, gems does not equal a good kit and blaze is one of the least advanced if not the least advanced kit in the game.

Posted Feb 20, 2019
    CCozy likes this.
  3. Slipest

Slipest

Well I usually win my games if I use blaze :/

Posted Feb 20, 2019
  4. ReNegative

ReNegative

I feel like Chicken is a kit that always requires some thinking to not horribly die with.
    Just compensating for how bad it is, I suppose...

Or I'm just tooting my own horn. Might be the case.

Posted Feb 20, 2019
  5. DaGourmand

DaGourmand

I fought proabaly 20 blazes today and didn't lose to any of them. Any half decent ssm player can counter blaze. It can only spam inferno which deals no kb and little damage unless the opponent is standing still or charging straight on. If you hit the firefly even once when it is charging up it cancels it. New players just use it because it's easy to hold right click and other new players don't know how to dodge the inferno.

Posted Feb 20, 2019
  6. Ha! Jokes on you, bedrock doesn’t have super smash mobs lol

Posted Feb 20, 2019
  7. Slipest

Slipest

Well pretty much all the players I go against don't know how to counter it.

Posted Feb 20, 2019
  8. DaGourmand

DaGourmand

Your stats show otherwise.

Posted Feb 20, 2019
  9. Slipest

Slipest

Most of my losses were from quite a while ago when I wasn't that good at mc.

Posted Feb 20, 2019
  10. EpicEnderDragon1

EpicEnderDragon1

Blaze and chicken are both bottom tier, and skeleton and iron golem are high tier.
    The problem with blaze is that it’s abilities leave you more open to attack than the actual damage you are doing. By using inferno you are making yourself immobile, and any half decent player knows you can just walk around it and punish the blaze with one of their abilities or melee it. Firefly can be canceled if you hit the player during startup leaving them without a recovery for 8 seconds. Even if you don’t hit them during startup, you can double jump and use your recovery to get away from it.

Posted Feb 20, 2019
    DaGourmand likes this.
  11. Slipest

Slipest

Alright, it just really depends on the person you are fighting, I was just stating what worked for me.

Posted Feb 20, 2019
  12. leo_thya

leo_thya

Eh, a paid kit doesn’t automatically mean it’s a good kit. In fact, all the free kits are are top tier. Chicken and blaze might be expensive and easy to use, but are lower tiered.
    --- Post updated ---
    And chill xD Stats don’t always show skill. It just shows how much you play and perhaps experience.

Posted Feb 20, 2019
  13. DaGourmand

DaGourmand

I was talking more about his w/l ratio being barely over 0.5. The tier list is made for competitive ssm players so for new players and casual players blaze and chicken might be high tier as new players struggle to hit chicken and struggle to dodge blaze. But as soon as you play someone with even 300-500 wins they will be able to counter those kits. I'd disagree that iron golem is high tier though I believe it is more mid tier. It is simply too slow and too easy to hit and knock off. It's recovery is sub par. You would have to have perfect aim to even trade hits with a decent player and even then I can get comboed using the kit even with my crosshair right on someone. It does have strong moves but I feel like it's cons are too large to place it at high tier.

Posted Feb 20, 2019
  14. Crash

Crash

Requirements =/= capability

Tier lists are based on capability. How hard it is to get good with a kit is irrelevant to what that kits potential is.
    --- Post updated ---
    Thanks for roasting yourself for me. Saves me the effort.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 20, 2019
    Cabob likes this.
  15. Vocaloiid

Vocaloiid

Us chicken mains will always be low tier

Posted Feb 21, 2019
  16. Crash

Crash

I wouldnt judge skill by the # of wins. If that were the case, there are many players with obscene win counts who would be incredibly good (but arent), and there wouldnt be any players with lower win counts that are actually pretty good (which there most certainly are).

Wins are inherently a poor metric of ability.

I find this unlikely. It's very easy to win a high volume of games in a small amount of time, especially with a kit like blaze. Considering your ability to use kits like Skeleton, It's more likely that you still aren't that good of a player, but don't have enough experience to realize what level you are actually at.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 21, 2019
  17. Slipest

Slipest

I'm not here to argue with you, I have acknowledged what you have said about blaze being a "lower tier" also I never said I couldn't use skeleton.

Posted Feb 21, 2019
  18. DaGourmand

DaGourmand

Wins correlate to skill but don't neccesarily mean skill. Someone with 10 wins isn't as likely to be as good as someone with 100 wins who isn't likely to be as good as someone with 1000 wins but this doesn't mean this is the case 100 percent of the time. Once you get beyond 1000 or maybe 1500 wins there isn't much correlation anymore as there are plenty of 2000 win players who could destroy me and some 4000-6000 win players that I can beat pretty easy. I was more referring to how this guy that was arguing that blaze and chicken were good has no place in the debate as the last I checked he has like 30 wins and 60 losses which isn't a good win/loss ratio which all evidence suggests he isn't very good even though he claims he can beat most people with blaze.

Posted Feb 22, 2019
    CCozy likes this.
  19. P_U_R_P_L_E

P_U_R_P_L_E

I used to be a god but then I took a break from Mineplex. I came back and now the only way I get wins is with Blaze which is a little cheap.

Posted Feb 22, 2019
  20. ppancake

ppancake

It’s the best kit, but unlike others, it actually isn’t easy to learn.

Posted Feb 22, 2019
    Snowwii likes this.