• 2475 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9020 Players Online
  • 6545 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why the Snowball kit is too OP

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by ElementBear, Jun 19, 2019.

1. I decided to go on a practice server and test this kit. I played against my friend who owns the kit and I beat him every time in practice. However, we went into Mineplex and he beat me every single time with the snowball kit. It gives slowness 2 for three seconds. It is way too OP.

Posted Jun 19, 2019
  2. Do you have any suggestions as to how to make it less op? Or specific aspects of the kit you would like to discuss? We did agree late last year, as a server, that the kit did not need updates at that time. The kit has not changed, so that poll still stands.

I'm going to link an older thread about this topic: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/frosting-class-balance-issues.29819/page-2#post-103929

There are nearly 50 replies on this thread, and I'd urge you to read through that and either contribute to the conversation there, or head back over to this thread with some updated points or arguments. I'm going to link parts of my response to that thread below, as they apply to the issue at hand.

Posted Jun 19, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.
  3. It's not OP, just kinda annoying. If you get a bow and some pearls, you can defend yourself

Posted Jun 19, 2019
  4. Posted Jun 19, 2019
  5. I have read your post and I play HCF and I know how to use these items correctly. I count when I use potions or in this case snowballs. Once I get the kit I would throw, count to 3, throw, count to 3 and I would never run out of balls. Other good players have this same attribute making them nearly unbeatable. When you have slowness 2 you cannot hit the opposer.

To start I would suggest slowness I instead of slowness II. Also I think they should only be able to hold 3 and they should also get the snowballs at a longer rate then usual.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 19, 2019
  6. Hi!

I see that you believe the Frosting Kit, or the "Snowballer" kit, is overpowered in Cake Wars. Personally, I can see how it may be extremely annoying to play against as you keep getting slowed and can't escape from enemies quickly or get hit off a bridge. Understandably, before I had the kit, I was the same exact way, always getting annoyed with people who had the kit equipped.

However, once I got the kit, I felt it wasn't super overpowered to play against, and that I wasn't "unbeatable" or only killed someone because I threw snowballs. Also, you stated that players should only be able to hold 3 snowballs at a time,which was a concern you stated would help the kit become more fair. This is actually already implemented in the game, as the snowballs max out at 3, and don't respawn until you have thrown one. Furthermore, if someone who has the kit spams the snowballs, the effects on a player are the same as 1 snowball hitting them. It is also quite easy to block or counter a snowballer with the builder kit, by suffocating them with a two block high wall and platform combo.

To be frank, any kit can combo out or beat the other kits if they are used correctly and efficiently, in my opinion and from how I've seen people play the game. I've seen builders destroy people who snowball countless times, and vice versa. I also think that maybe once you got the kit, it may be easier to understand how it is fairly balanced compared to the others once you play with it and see how other kits can counter it.

Hope this helped at all to give you a perspective on how I see the Frosting kit, and it's stigma around being unbeatable or way too good!

Posted Jun 19, 2019
  7. I somewhat agree with you. It is a little OP but it is mostly annoying.

Posted Jun 19, 2019