• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11097 Players Online
  • 8207 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why SSM Kits do not need nerfs

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by honkacho, May 19, 2020.

?

Do you think the blaze, spider, creeper, wolf, and chicken need nerfs?

1. Strongly Agree

12 vote(s)
    24.5%
  2. Agree

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  3. Neutral

19 vote(s)
    38.8%
  4. Disagree

6 vote(s)
    12.2%
  5. Strongly Disagree

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  1. A small hitbox doesnt make it good you know? The double jumps can be annoying yes, but a ranged or mobile kit can easily deal with that. The eggs dont do a lot of damage and have very small range. The chicken missles are slow and usually easy to dodge.
    Lol, Chicken is literally considered the worst class in the game. If you consider Wolf, Creeper, and Chicken to be the top three classes in SSM. That just seems more of a problem with a lack of skill.

Posted Jun 2, 2020
    aaawesome, Kenshin_William and Mitchy like this.
  2. if you were experienced, you would know that chickens spam when they are closest to you. the eggs can easily void you and having a small hit box affects the game a lot. Im honestly surprised you didnt realize that

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  3. If you were experienced, you would know that Ig 4 shots chicken.

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  4. Chicken really isn't powerful, it's just extremely annoying. It takes a lot of patience to fight one but once you have it in a good spot and you keep attacking it, it dies quickly. Yes, the eggs can be annoying, but I think that getting comboed with the missile is worse. However, the easy solution for that is to keep your distance from the chicken until it shoots the missile. Then dodge it then go in for the kill because the chicken missile won't be recharged for a while. Chicken can die in like 4 hits if it doesn't fly away, which makes it really weak. If you're still having trouble then some kits that would be good against chicken is blaze, horse, and maybe IG.

Posted Jun 2, 2020
    aaawesome likes this.
  5. Oh of course youre right. Silly me, I forgot chickens never move an inch the whole round!

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  6. Chicken lacks mobility, armor, melee damage, pretty much nothing about it is good, it lacks the mobility to run and stall like its strategy might imply, it lacks the damage increase to make up for its absolute trash armor and melee, and it lacks the mobility FOR melee combos that kits like wolf rely on.

As a good player it is not hard to melee a chicken and you don't need to do it that many times. They are simply not good and probably never will be.

Posted Jun 3, 2020
    Mitchy and aaawesome like this.
  7. If theres one thing chicken doesnt lack, its mobility. Missles do mass damage if you spam them close. Also you cant compare wolf combos with chicken combos. thats basically comparing magma cube combos to spider combos

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  8. Chicken’s only high damaging ability requires to gets close, however this does not go well with chickens non-existent amour. While flap may give chicken good vertical height, it is still very slow. Egg blaster can only be used as a gimp tool.

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  9. Creeper has been around for 6 years and LS has not received many complaints until more recently (as in like... a year ago) when the kit as a whole become OP from various balance changes.

It's not LS, that's confirmation bias

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  10. I am not the greatest at SSM, but I am certainly not the worst either. I have fought a plethora of Chickens in both public games and private ones. If you are in close proximity for Chicken to spam chicken missiles at you. Its usually just common sense to create some distance rather than continue your offense. And while yes, the eggs can void you. It is not that easy to do with such small range. As for the hitbox: that honestly doesnt mean much unless you are deliberately trying to melee the player using chicken. Otherwise you can just use something like Bone Rush, Spew Bile, or anything else like that in order to hit Chicken.

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  11. You know the game is live right? Sometimes you just cant move away

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  12. Chicken is a kit that most people use to shoot and run. It should be buffed in a way that decreases running while being able to have a chance

Posted Jun 3, 2020
    aaawesome likes this.
  13. Most of those kits (except for spider) aren't super top tier. The best kits imo are Spider, Zombie, IG, maybe some others like Enderman. All the kits aren't meant to be equally strong, this is also true in actual smash. You'll find once you get better at the game that a lot of these other kits are easier to counter then you think. For example, a lot of kits out melee wolf because of there low armor, chickens are really weak to chase down kits (like enderman, wolf, spider), and creepers can be countered by using only projectiles or only meleeing (or a combination of both if you wait out the lightning shield). You just have to learn how to play against these kits and work on getting better.

Posted Jun 3, 2020
    aaawesome likes this.
  14. I agree, but because of its small hit box it gives it a couple opportunities

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  15. Yeah you can lol, this literally goes back to me saying that it is more of a problem with a lack of skill.

I am not going to bother replying any further seeing as how you clearly don't see the point in why Chicken is far worse than what you believe.

Posted Jun 3, 2020
    aaawesome likes this.