• 1402 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6965 Players Online
  • 5563 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why SSM Kits do not need nerfs

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by honkacho, May 19, 2020.

?

Do you think the blaze, spider, creeper, wolf, and chicken need nerfs?

1. Strongly Agree

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. Agree

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Neutral

12 vote(s)
    36.4%
  4. Disagree

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Strongly Disagree

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  1. Alright, so recently people have been saying that a good amount of kits are "OP" in the game. The only kit I can see OP is the creeper with its Passive and Sulphur bomb abilities. I don't see any other kit as OP. All kits have abilities for different types of playstyles. For example, the skeleton kit is a ranged kit while the Iron golem is a strategy based ability kit. The most common kits that are brought up to be OP are the blaze, creeper, chicken, and wolf. Most of these kits are mostly combat with few abilities and moderate-low armor. The wolf and spider need to have the spider jump in order to be mobile enough to hit people due to poor abilities. The chicken needs high damage from the chicken missile to even have a chance to survive, and while the blaze is annoying, it has to use those abilities to even be able to kill players over time. The only difference between these and the other kits is that they are not as ability based and more on attacking and swinging a weapon. They also have lower armor to compensate for the high attack damage. Also, if you nerf one kit you have to nerf all the others which would not be good. Leave a reply on what you think of this!

Posted May 19, 2020,
    Last edited May 19, 2020
  2. I'm kind of split, blaze and chicken are fine. If anything chicken needs a buff, however spider, creeper and wolf, are each broke in some way or another. Creeper has SB which is pretty BS, as it launches you a million blocks w/ no cooldown. Wolf needs a lower ravage cap along with the XP bar need to DJ. Spider just needs the xp bar DJ.

Posted May 19, 2020
    Deodath and PewDiePizza like this.
  3. Spider, wolf, horse, enderman, zombie need nerfs, and smaller nerfs and tweak to creeper, blaze and slime and the game will be balanced

Posted May 19, 2020
  4. I'd like to take some time to talk about your poll and why it should be reworked. The question "Do you think the blaze, spider, creeper, wolf, and chicken need nerfs" elicits response bias. In short, your question touches upon multiple issues (multiple kits to nerf) but only allows for one specific type of answer. This is known as a double-barreled question and when looking at the poll it is difficult to decide an answer as I have conflicting opinions. On one hand I believe that kits like spider and wolf should be nerfed, but on the other I know that chicken for example is as weak as they come. If you would like to keep a question on this topic I would suggest something like "Do you think any SSM kits need nerfs?".

For the kits you've specifically mentioned I'd like to say that for the most part I believe these kits to not be overpowered (excluding wolf and spider). Blaze, creeper, and chicken I mostly find to just be very annoying to deal with. With blaze, inferno is a very weak move, it doesn't even have the potential to get combos off of unlike every other projectile in the game. Firefly is another story though. It's not adherent overpowered in my opinion but it is just extremely annoying to deal with. As for creeper, it has a very high knockback projectile coupled with lightning shield making it again, very annoying to deal with. Chicken has flap and chicken missile which are very good for keeping people away making it again... very annoying to deal with. I don't think these kits are overpowered but rather just not fun to fight against. Wolf and spider on the other hand are actually not only OP but also unfun to fight against. They are the fastest kits in the game and can practically outrun most kits' projectiles. That, coupled with both of these kits having trapping abilities allows these kits to be used in very annoying ways.

In my opinion, balancing changes to the kits you've mentioned do need to be made. Not with nerfing or buffing in mind but changing them in a way that improves the quality of the game for people who aren't using these kits.

Posted May 19, 2020
  5. I just played a game in SSM and the blaze wasted 15 minutes just trying to do a Sam The Slime mission just waiting for his fire-fly to come back and come back and calling everyone trash after the game ended... The cool-down for fire-fly could be nerfed preventing blazes just waiting like 10 seconds because all they would do is run then come back because their fire-fly is recharged.

Posted May 19, 2020
    PewDiePizza likes this.
  6. I wouldn't say blaze is necessarily overpowered, rather extremely annoying.
    the blaze is a great kit with overly positive stats, even people new to the game can have a decent chance to win.
    but thats where the problem begins.
    blaze provides good recovery, good melee, good ranged attack, good running ability, etc.
    with it's one if not the best recovery/running ability firefly, it can just spam that the whole game.
    I usually see new people playing blaze rather than the skilled players who have been playing for a long time.
    main reason behind this is because blaze isn't that good. it can be countered easily with other kits and it doesn't have a strong positive unlike the other kit (regarding the smash)
    it's just overly annoying kit rather than too powerful or overpowered.
    (chicken needs buff btw)

Posted May 19, 2020
    aaawesome and PewDiePizza like this.
  7. I think that buffing the chicken would be good because it isn't so great right now. As for the other kits if you are good enough you can counter them. But I think iron golem should get buffed because it isn't practical to use against a spider or wolf. I do see way too many spider / wolf / creeper kits. I wouldn't mind a nerf as long as they do it correctly.

Posted May 19, 2020
  8. I agree with some of this but not all of it. Chicken sux, even though it is annoying it's also weak as glass. Blaze isn't as weak as chicken but it also isn't that strong. It's mostly just annoying. Inferno can be dodged easily as long as you're not standing still or being slow or running in a straight line towards the blaze. Firefly is annoying sometimes and people complain about it alot, but honestly I think inferno is worse. Firefly can be cancelled if you're fast enough and you can even outrun it sometimes. I think spider needs a little bit of a nerf, but not too much. It still takes skill to use spider and the people who are good at it will be rewarded better if there is no nerf. Creeper and wolf, however, are the 2 main problems. Both are annoying and OP, they don't take nearly as much skill or effort as spider so low level players are more powerful with these 2 kits than they are with spider. Creepers spam SB too much, which doesn't actually hit people most of the time, but they still take a ton of damage and knockback. LS is fine despite how many people complain about it. Some wolf players strategies is basically running until cub tackle hits a player, then they attack. I think cub tackle should be rewokred so that it can't trap players and ravage should be reduced. The wolf also has a screwed up hitbox but that's the least of its problems. With cub tackle and ravage, a wolf can shred you in seconds.

Posted May 20, 2020
    Orangutanion likes this.
  9. On its own, LS would not be overpowered. When you pair it with the rest of creeper, however, it really is. Imagine that you just got hit with a sulfur bomb and got sent flying to the other side of the map. You have to close that distance very quickly, otherwise creeper's obscene regeneration will undo all damage you had inflicted. If you don't build up that damage again, there will be a massive health deficit between you and creeper, unless you manage to run for long enough that you achieve full health too.

If a deficit happens, the creeper can quite easily push you and actually tank through a lot of your damage. LS is a big reason for this. At this point, creep's health is mostly full from high regen, so you can't really finish him off quickly. People often cite the low armor as a balance to shield, but from experience it just doesn't work like that. Creep's damage is extremely high. You could try to just click, but again, creeper's health is higher now. That advantage plus high damage kills you quickly. If you try to use your moves on the creeper, you activate his shield, making it really unsafe to click. Creep can, however, still click you all day. Also, sulfur's cooldown is extremely low--three seconds. This is faster than many other abilities in the game.

Click advantage + rapid fire sulfur = ded
    High regen + scummy running (literally all creepers) = ded
    ded + ded = 2ded

If creeper decides to chase you, running is just a terrible idea. His regen will always be higher, so health will already in creep's favor. Sulfur can hit you from pretty far away. Explode can be used strategically to choke players out. Its damage is linearly and inversely proportional to distance, and knockback is, of course, extreme. Explode is also very good for movement, although this is when creep is most vulnerable. Good luck hitting him when a fresh sulfur just sent you back to australia, however.

The best part is when you try to rush the creeper, but LS also stops you from doing that. Many moves that get you close to the creeper will activate it, so you can't deal that much damage unless you're very careful. Of course, if you're not the least bit vulnerable, creeper will just run like a little ***** until you are. His higher regen makes this an extremely viable strategy, and is why degenerates like Kelayy are on the board.

This post is probably going to get a lot of hate but whatever. Too many idiots defend an obviously broken kit, usually for their own benefit or out of ignorance. Some just want to show off how much better than the average player they are so they pretend like none of this is a problem. I, for one, encounter a creeper every other match, and each and everyone of them can go drown in a deep, dark well (in-game of course. They're probably good people IRL, just... simple) where nobody has the displeasure of seeing them.

TL;DR: creeper bad nerf plz buh buh buh I hate creepers hate on me all you want lol degenerate creeper players A M I R I T E

Posted May 21, 2020
    SpitefulNick and PewDiePizza like this.
  10. U right creeper's busted af. I probably didn't slam it hard enough in my comment to this post, but you definitely did. People need to realise this kit for what it is: an abomination to the SSM community. Also I'm pretty sure Kelayy used to main wolf, so one busted kit after the other. And he has the nerve to complain about chicken.

Posted May 21, 2020
  11. The only kits that need a serious nerf are wolf, chicken, and blaze. Anything other than that has a simple way to beat and it would just end up making the kit pretty bad and useless. This unfortunately happened to sheep. Wool mine isn't as useful anymore because it doesnt instant explode and this one nerf made sheep pretty hard to win with. So I disagree with the other choices.

Posted May 21, 2020
  12. Simple way to beating creeper: dont use anything but melee or strictly use projectiles. Has no one figured that out?

Posted May 21, 2020
  13. lmao did you even read my post at all? Creeper has many, many other reasons why it's overpowered.

Posted May 21, 2020
  14. I beat creepers all the time by doing exactly what you said. And guess what, it's still busted, with or without LS. LS only makes it a slight bit worse, but sulfur bomb is the real reason why I despise it so much. But still, beating a creeper in this way isn't always as simple as you think. The creeper usually will run away and spam SB and that's all there is to it. Also, if I remember correctly from the one game I played with you, you used creeper.

Posted May 21, 2020
  15. I was grinding for the win achievement but yeah the huge kb after not even fighting at all should be nerfed

Posted May 22, 2020