• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why spider and villager are nearly perfect kits

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by MCgamer1175, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Spider and villager are not the easiest kits to play correctly, but if you can master them they become insane (spider) or pretty good (villager.) In my opinion, this is how almost every kit should be designed. When you compare these kits to kits like creeper or skeleton horse which are both very easy to pickup but have a very low skill ceiling, it's obvious to see what kits people like more. But not every kit can be like this. New and casual players dont want to br forced into playing extremely hard kits. So there should still be a few kits that arent hard to get good at. But these kits shouldn't be as powerful as the high skill kits. I think a big balance update for ssm is due and this is how it should be designed.

Posted Nov 25, 2019
    ehappy, Task, Crash and 2 others like this.
  2. Community: We want an update for SSM.
    MP: We have other updates we want to push out... Soon™
    Community:
    [​IMG]

But in all seriousness, it is about time for an update.

Posted Nov 25, 2019
    Task, Crash, Eroil and 2 others like this.
  3. Alright, do NOT tell anyone I told you guys but I'm getting word that the update is coming on 6 September 2092.

But seriously, I do like that design idea OP.

Also, as of the time I'm writing this, it has been 669 days since the last update on 25 Jan 2018.

Posted Nov 25, 2019
    Crash, Xukuwu and Eroil like this.
  4. You've got to be careful to not make the difficult kits be too powerful when played well though. Then you get a problem where if they're played by someone good, they're almost impossible to beat which shouldn't be the case. There have been examples of this problem in league of legends in the past, where high skill ceiling champions were so good when played well that they could solo carry their team every game. I think there's a very thin boundary between difficult kits being abysmal and being overpowered which they have to be kept within so that the game stays relatively balanced.

Posted Nov 25, 2019
    Mitchy likes this.
  5. I mean saying "dont make a kit op" seems pretty clear

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 25, 2019
  6. nice

Posted Nov 25, 2019
    MCgamer1175 likes this.
  7. The skill ceiling of kits like creeper aren't by any means low, there is a ton of player development potential in the kit even though it isn't as technically advanced as something like villager. The most annoying thing to me about creeper is the tiny tiny cool down on sulfur bomb. A good creeper can control the pace of a melee fight better than probably any other kit by timing sulfur bombs to act like a rod does in more vanilla pvp. This isn't as big of a problem for kits that tend to rely on long range abilities like zombies, chicken, and sheep tend to do a lot, but to classes like cow, wolf, villager, and most other kits it can be terribly annoying. If instead of a 3 second cool down sulfur bomb had a 5 or 6 second cool down and instead maybe did more kb or dmg than it currently does to balance the changes, it will be much more evenly matched to other kits that players enjoy.

Posted Nov 29, 2019
    Tedster360 likes this.
  8. The biggest problem for opponents of the Creeper Kit is not the sulphur bomb, or the explosion, it is 100% the Lightning Shield - nearly everything you throw at the Creeper Kit will activate it and it has no cool-down. Even the Bone Kick ability from the Skeleton Horse will activate it - but that isn't a projectile! Only projectiles such as arrows, eggs, other sulphur bombs, fire and even slime slam's will cause it to activate. I understand that the ability wears off over time, but during its activation, the Creeper Kit will get a Speed II effect, so there's no escape. No matter how many times you punch a Creeper Kit with the shield up, it will strike you with lightning, sending you flying backwards with medium damage caused. Even the moment you attack them, they won't take that damage you hit them with. Newer players will find it difficult to avoid not melee attacking a shielded Creeper kit, when they're the one's who have no choice other than to punch the Creeper causing the lightning to happen. The creeper will also have that advantage of sprinting quickly and constantly attacking that player. Most Kits have abilities that cause the shield to activate, so there's no counter to killing it via a strategy of combo attacks.

Posted Nov 30, 2019
  9. Creeper is a fairly simple kit and while there is a bunch of stuff you can learn the skill ceiling really isn't that high, the thing you can improve most is your aim with sb.
    Sb is certainly a good melee tool but it is by no means the best one, needler and blizzard for example are better melee tools.
    Chicken certainly isn't a long range kit, egg blaster is a short-mid range ability and while missile can be used from long range it really isn't effective at that, the projectile moves slow and is very loud, it's fairly easy to avoid it from long range, it's effective mostly in short range where enemies will struggle to avoid it as they don't have the time to react.
    I would like a nerf to sb cooldown as well but doubling it is way too much, and increasing the already crazy kb it gives isn't a good idea.

There is certainly a counter to lightning shield, it being using only melee or abilities while fighting it, switching between the two depending on the situation. Don't get me wrong, it is a very strong abilities that helps creeper a lot but it's by no means uncounterable.

Posted Nov 30, 2019
    Mitchy likes this.
  10. I think giving Sulphur less kb and a longer cooldown in exchange for a little more damage or a buff to a different part of its kit would make sense

Then again, Creeper is currently a reasonably powerful kit, so tbh I dont think a small cd nerf / kb would be out of line even without further changes / buffs in exchange

Posted Dec 2, 2019
    ehappy, Mitchy and leo_thya like this.