• 294 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1570 Players Online
  • 1276 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why so quiet?

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Games' started by SilentLattice31, Apr 19, 2019.

1. It seems like people never chat. Anyone have an idea why it's like that on not just Mineplex, but all 5 servers available for Bedrock right from the gecko? I know it the chat (Mineplex Survival Mode in particular) was almost always filled with messages 24/7 a couple of months ago, and now the chat is only filled with player death messages (i.e. Player was slain by Mob) and the tips.

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  2. This might be due to inactivity. The only other reason I could think of is people afraid of saying something in the chat and getting punished for something.

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  3. Well, it could be a number of things. I think most of the bedrock audience is young (or at least some of them are), and they simply do not know how to chat. And if they do, it's not as easy to chat as using a computer. Those are just my best guesses though.

Posted Apr 19, 2019
    Cheezeburgerfan likes this.
    • Light Advertisement
    So from what I heard. It was the update that might have killed alot of players (new anti-apk update?). Anyway I think it way too quiet for a good server

wait -snip- is beating mineplex

Posted Apr 19, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Apr 22, 2019
  4. Why is Microsoft all of the sudden muting players? I've heard about this before but I never looked into it.

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  5. It has changed, and it's not being younger kids that don't know how to chat, the example of survival was perfect example, the chat was so active that it was hard to see what was said, and then since the last update it has been messed up, even survival chat being said in other places.

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  6. This did not just happen "all of the sudden". Its been going on for quite some time. Its called a ghost mute and it prevents players from saying anything in the chat or naming their pets or anything like that on all mulitplayer servers as far as i know. No one is quite sure why Microsoft does this. Whenever ghost muted players contact Microsoft, they are told that it is not Microsoft's fault, but the servers fault. Its quite annoying, and even a few Mineplex staff members have been ghost muted.

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  7. Correct. I have sat in lobbies for 30+ minutes trying to help people if they need it but sometimes there are zero messages in chat for an hour or more. Essentially makes it so Bedrock staff can't do much in game regarding chat it's just mainly forums, discord, and hacker catching if bedrock staff even do that,
    --- Post updated ---
    Forums for bedrock are mainly inactive because most of the people who play bedrock are on phones or some sort of console. I know when I was young I never made a forum account because I wasn't allowed until I was about 10.

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  8. Yes alot of staff resigned from that which is very upsetting ,_,

Posted Apr 20, 2019
  9. I’d personally say it’s to do with the type of people that are in your lobby and if one lobby happens to be quiet I bet you’d probably find others talking if you changed lobby. Having said this I do also agree with what was said above about how it’s harder to chat on bedrock than java and due to this less people chat.

Posted Apr 20, 2019
  10. Hey there!

I've noticed this too, and it is probably because the audience is younger. Additionally, typing in chat in Bedrock isn't as easy and intuitive as it is on Java. Finally, as stated above, it could be because of a glitch on Microsoft's part. Also, if no one talks in chat, new players may recognize this and avoid chatting as well.

Posted Apr 20, 2019
  11. I have been told by someone that uses Xbox to play and they say it’s difficult to type a message and a pain on the controller, so they don’t say much in game.

Posted Apr 21, 2019
  12. Coming from someone who plays Bedrock on the Switch, I find it requires a lot more effort to chat than on Java. There is also the issue of ghost muting which is a problem that is Microsoft's issue to fix and has affected a fair amount of players on the server. I think a combination of these two factors as well @Bunni's point that the audience who usually players Bedrock are younger may also play into why Bedrock is quieter than Java.

Posted Apr 21, 2019
    Bunni likes this.
  13. As soon as I un-ghost muted myself (do step 2 in the thread) there was chat. I think ghost muting is more than just ghost muting.

Posted Apr 28, 2019