• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7415 Players Online
  • 4525 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Why Partying Should Be Abolished For This Gamemode

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by beanowonotanuwu, Jul 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've played Champions for a long time, since around later 2016 I believe, so I've definitely seen the effect of parties in the past year or so. I also want to mention before I get into anything, that I'm no stranger to playing in big parties or playing in lobbies with about 90% of people I know, so I do understand how it can alter an entire lobby -- both from a party and from a solo player perspective.

I actually agree with you that on certain occasions parties can truly ruin a Champions game, even as a solo veteran player. On top of that it is extremely unfair to newer players who don't have a very good grasp on the kits or the skills within them to go against a 5 stack of veteran players who have been around for years. Not only that but the Champions player count is pretty low right now, maxing at about 50 players on a good day, which doesn't leave very much room for someone to just 'go find another lobby'. Even with all of that said I don't believe removing parties from Champions, let alone the entire server, is the best way to go about this. I could understand maybe a party cap in Champions so it's not an entire 5 stack going against you, but that still leaves the issue of 'passive' lobbies within the game (which already exists and is a different topic on its own).

Again, I agree with you here. Parties are meant mainly for your friends and I think most people could agree they wouldn't party a random player that they don't know. With that said though, I have personally invited 'newer' players to my party who spark up a conversation in chat. It's always an option to try and make friends with those who are in a party to try and join as well. Though, I can understand that you might not want to and no one should feel as though they have to make friends with someone just to play a game.

To wrap everything up: even though I understand your frustration and have seen all of these instances in-game myself, I don't think removing parties is the right thing to do. I do appreciate that you're bringing light to this situation, especially involving Champions in the mix but I think the 'advantage' solely lies within the players, not the party they are in. I do want to see more opinions on this and I look forward to your thoughts on what I stated above.

Posted Jul 13, 2020
  2. Regarding the part about when you stated that you invite new players, you're a MOD. Even if you haven't been since you started playing Mineplex, MODs are wired to be nice. Even before they become a MOD. And comparing the Staff player count to the non-Staff player count, I think we can see a difference. Pub-stomping has divided our once beautiful server and has created a clear divide between the player base. Toxicity has emerged as a result and the player base will become more and more divided until something changes in a good way... or a bad way.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 13, 2020
  3. What

Posted Jul 13, 2020
    Emiliee, beanowonotanuwu and aiirr like this.
  4. I confused myself too dw.

OP OP
  5. Can you clarify your last line starting with "As what majority" because it sounds like you agree with me; however, the words contradict the rest of your reply so please clarify.

OP OP
  6. Hey!
    Thanks for your idea. Currently, we do not plan on removing parties from certain game modes such as champions. The reasons parties exist is to play with your friends and we don’t plan on stopping players from doing that. Thanks again for taking the time to share! If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message.

Thread Locked >> Idea Not Planned

Posted Jul 16, 2020
  7. I’ve seen some really easy parties before with 4+ people in champs, but they don’t always win if they are better players. Sometimes even a couple great players on the other team to the party can carry and win it.
    I get that it’s hard to play against good parties and can get annoying though

Posted Jul 16, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.