• 1457 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9895 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why not add games back to mineplex?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by SilverSky009, Nov 5, 2018.

?

Should individual servers for each game come back? (do you want removed games to come back?)

1. Yes. All games should be added back as money wasn't the issue anyways.

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Yes. But only the games with an actual community behind it. (or can attain one)

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. No. I respect TL's decision on this and we think dev's need this space to work on.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Have you ever wondered why so many games suddenly got removed?

Me too and the reason is more shocking than you thought!
    Here are a couple of misunderstandings that most people aren't aware of:

Individual mineplex game servers (the villager with the lobbies for games) do cost money to keep running, yes. However money was never the reason games got removed.
    There is only 1 reason as why the games got removed which is: The team of developers can focus on the more popular games this way.
    Communities have never been taken into consideration upon removal of games. I'll explain down below on why they should've.
    The Classic Cow was looked at as a test for maybe returning old games again if they were succesfull.

My opinion about these facts and why I think it was a mistake that Mineplex removed games:

Removing all the games would've been understandable if the reason was lack of money and they needed some more. This wasn't the case however and it makes it all a little more shady.
    I do agree that developers have to focus on certain games but Who says they cant?? You don't need to remove games simply because developers are working on other games. When they added the Halloween update, where did the majority of time get invested in? The Halloween update. Should we delete other games then now too? No because it's not necessary as you can just work on 1 game at a time and prioritize on the games that are more popular.
    Communities should've been taken into consideration as communities are a big part of mineplex. Every game has their own community, if they destroy a game then they destroy the community. Mineplex has taken massive losses of communities and thus, players. Arcade games like Paintball, Bomb Lobbers, Death Tag, One In The Quiver, Castle Siege, BBB and heck, even Dragon Escape were all games with a big community and a lot of flavour has been lost from the server as most of them are original mineplex games.
    The Classic Cow is in no way a fair comparison to see if games are succesfull. You've just removed those games and the majority of the people left this server. You can't just expect to classic cow to be incredibly popular when you just removed the community. The proof and comparison is the past. Look at how those games worked out... And what do you see? They were succesfull.

What should Mineplex do?

Well first of all: Add the games back!

''Why add the games back now?'' Because mineplex doesn't have a lot of variety and no games that are special to mineplex itself. Adding back those games and maybe in a cooler way like actually adding in achievement kits and getting people to work for something. This will prove effective in the long run. We now rely on special events and Cake wars to run the server.

''Should every game be added back?'' No, I don't think every game that has been removed should be added back but certain games definitely should. Games with a community behind it. The following games should definitely be taken into consideration: Paintball, Bomb Lobbers, Death Tag, Castle Siege, Dragon Escape, One In The Quiver and Bawk Bawk Battles

''But Mike, most of these games are already in MIN'' Yea... no it doesn't work like that. People need to wait for their favorite game and can't grind their stats, most arcade people left for this reason.

-Let me know what you think: Should Mineplex return games? (mainly the lost games in the update where level rewards got introduced.)

Posted Nov 5, 2018
    • This user has been warned for General Rudeness [Severity 1].
    Im not even through the first paragraph and you are already spewing misinformation.

I'm not sure whether to feel entertained or disappointed.

Focusing on a few specific games was a particular reason that the games were deprecated, but to say that was the core reason or the only reason is not only ignorant but frankly stupid

Posted Nov 5, 2018
    Wiz_Techno and Worpp like this.
  2. How so? I've talked with T3 and Moppletop about this situation and they've both confirmed that the only reason was for the developers team to ''Focus more on quality games''

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 5, 2018
  3. They’ve said several times that it wasn’t for one reason. In fact, they brushed up upon this issue in the Admin QnA. Saying that there was only one reason as to why the games were removed doesn’t make sense to me. To make such a big change, in my opinion, would take much more than that. From my experience, it was a combination of several reasons. Lack of players in the games over a period of time, focusing on quality games, lack of ability to update the games, etc. I really disagree with saying that there was only one reason.

Anyways, to get on to your original post. Nobody said that it was the lack of money. It’s a waste of money. Why waste money on servers that aren’t performing well when they can be spent on the development of more popular games. Do I think that Mineplex should add back particular games and did I agree with the developmental decision? Not really, I didn't agree with how they went about it. But do I think we should bring back games? Not entirely. I enjoyed the idea of the classic cow. If we used stats from that to see what games are performing at a higher level, maybe. But honestly, taking 3 steps back, 3 steps that have been argued on for who knows how long, we can't move to the future. And a brighter more original future is what Mineplex needs. New, original games, not old ones.

Posted Nov 5, 2018
    Worpp likes this.
  4. Hey, I see where you are coming from, and it's very true. Look at it like this though, when a game gets a small number of players and games take longer to start, in the eyes of the higher-ups, that game isn't doing so well as it used to. Sure it may have a dedicated community, but not a big and active player base.

When you are trying to work on a continuously progressive server, sometimes you need to let things go to make things happen. One thing I don't want you to get off of this is thinking I don't care about what happens to the community of that dedicated game. I do think it sucks that games were removed and didn't get focused on, but I understand why.

Nice thread!

Posted Nov 5, 2018
  5. The only reason the games got removed was for the Developers purpose. T3 Literally explained to me for about an hour how money never was in question. Say if money wasnt the question (which you say no one says) then why does it matter in the first place whether people play a game or not. If a game is even remotely played then there's no reason to remove it as money wasn't the problem.

I hear regularly that money was the reason games got removed even from staff so...

And its not taking 3 steps back. Removing the games was a mistake which lead to a loss of interest to the server. I'm simply saying that those games that got removed had a fun aspect in them and they had a lot variety which kept the server alive. Mineplex made a mistake of removing games hence why they need to realize their mistake and go back to the way it was with those games.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 5, 2018
  6. Just because I said cost wasn't a major issue when removing games doesn't mean it wasn't something to be considered when removing them. Me nor Sam said focusing on other games was the only reason for game removal, please do not put words in our mouths. I'm sorry you got confused in whatever conversations you had with both of us. Everyone else in this thread is correct.

Posted Nov 6, 2018
    Worpp likes this.
  7. Alright if you're saying this now then you do realize you're admitting that it wasn't a major deal. That on itself is something to take into consideration when removing those games. Look at my thread I didn't say for every game to be added back. I said some games that have the capability of becoming big and making Mineplex have more flavour again. The fact you just said money wasn't a big issue just makes it easier to add those games that ran well.

Also for your understanding. This is what You said.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    --- Post updated ---
    I hope you realize that if you admit that the ''Major problem'' isn't money and if the major reason is for developers to focus on ''quality games.'' Then this is quite concerning since you don't have to remove games simply because you need to focus on other games.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 6, 2018
  8. I still don’t understand. These are all pretty much screenshots of T3 reiterating what he said on this thread. Money wasn’t exactly an issue, but it was something to be considered. I still can’t comprehend the whole thing with ‘Major Issue.’ There wasn’t exactly one major issue. It was several.

Regarding your final sentence. “You don’t need to remove games simply because you need to focus on other games.” I’d have to disagree. Again, you are focusing their reason on one issue. Those games didn’t perform well. Why would it make sense to consistently pay money for servers that aren’t performing well? Money isn’t an issue, but why waste it if the games are performing poorly. That just isn’t logical. In addition, if the games weren’t removed, then the developers wouldn’t be able to focus on higher priority game updates. Why? Because players would be asking for an update on their game, new maps, or anything of the sort. This way, the team was straight up with you and said that none of that is confirmed for the future of those games.

They didn’t give you any false hope. I still can’t see your point. Just because money wasn’t an issue, doesn’t mean it isn’t a factor. Servers cost money. While I slightly agree with the idea that a game could have the potential to come back, I disagree with your approach. I feel like this thread was full of miscommunications and facts that were unproven. This is nothing against you, just my opinions on your idea.

Posted Nov 6, 2018
    t3hero likes this.
  9. As have I, repeatedly.

'Focus on games' is not the ONLY reason. It was A reason that was given, but it was not the only one for removal.

MP couldnt buy individual lobbies for games to cut costs, and so some of the games they werent focusing on would be operating at a loss.

I would agree w/ you on removing all the games they did not being the best decision.

Posted Nov 6, 2018
  10. Again, everyone here is still correct. I'm not sure how you don't understand how a decision can be made based on multiple reasons, not just one.

I'm going to lock this thread because it seems to be just you rehashing our conversation on discord and trying to start a fight over it. If you want a better explanation, it seems you can pretty much talk to anyone and they can explain our conversation to you.

Posted Nov 6, 2018
    Caameronn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.