• 1280 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3859 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why nerf ranger?

Discussion in 'Clans' started by ndcsamus, Nov 28, 2019.

?

What should be done to assassin?

1. Buff

6.4%
  2. Nerf

72.3%
  3. Nothing

21.3%
  1. I would just like to point out it isn't even a one shot unless you have a recursive bow. Even napalm shot is on a pretty steep cool down and the shots believe it or not do have to be aimed. Even scorching bows can't one shot at max distance due to water bottles being so prevalent.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 3, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  2. Good meme

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  3. To be honest hhyphen i would take your opinion more seriously but you are a banned player with a disbanded clan.

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  4. You have 7 bans to your name, and I got false gwenned

Posted Dec 3, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  5. It's nine and to be honest your a ranger main, so I don't think it was meant to be false.

Posted Dec 3, 2019
    Xion likes this.
  6. you could easily fire blast them or explosion arrow them off

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  7. Oh yes let me just explosive arrow the ranger while 7 of his friends have their bows aimed at me and their sky bridge is 80 blocks wide

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  8. Just don’t be a bot and learn to be a ground ranger using roped arrow to get away from assassins because that actually takes skill. Take some lessons from PlzNo_. Being a ranger that sits in a tower or sky bridges honestly takes no skill. No skill at all. Everyone who is mad at this nerf are the ones who sit in towers or on sky bridges 24/7 using tracers to find and shoot people.

Posted Dec 4, 2019
  9. But I don’t do that. And I still think this nerf is bad. So... @BigMadre

And berry this isn’t an opportunity for u to meme, there are intellectuals speaking here :).

But honestly I think the nerf could’ve been done differently.

Posted Dec 4, 2019
  10. The ranger nerf should have never happened how it did. The process that it went through was just wrong and inappropriate. That's all I have to say.

Posted Dec 4, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  11. Champions is trash, play SSM instead :D

Posted Dec 4, 2019
    respawnce, Intex and matrixyst like this.
  12. it would be too op to have a one shot against a kit, plus, it does 7 hearts with longshot, so as long as you have some teammates you could get a pretty easy kill.

Posted Dec 4, 2019
  13. Hey there!
    The reason why longshot was nerfed was primarily due to players being able to do massive damage while they can stay in their base or on top of sky bridges, without having any risk as the ranger is either being protected by their claim or by their extreme height. The reduction in damage to longshot has made it so that this is no longer possible.

However, I do agree that assassin has not received any major changes recently and a few of the updates to other classes have seemed to indirectly buff assassin.

Not to worry though as there are ideas being processed that aim to balance assassin in order to make the other classes more viable but as Fallen said, the change was done to improve the immediate situation in clans while we discuss a better option.

Posted Dec 5, 2019
  14. i agree with ndcsamus. Getting a 2 tap is hard enough. Longshot has a cooldown of at least 5 seconds (i dont know exactly what it is, but that alone is enough time to get you killed by an assassin) plus napalam not to mention the additional time required to overcharge your longshot. This means you have a single shot before you have no defense what so ever.

Posted Dec 5, 2019
    Starx280 and SpitefulNick like this.
  15. He makes some pretty good points tho

Also Ground Ranger would be pretty ridiculous in this gamemode considering that Assassins don’t usually hunt alone... they hunt in packs, going against their namesake completely. The max amount of kills that a ground ranger could get would be just one until they are flocked by Assassins considering they are the only huge threat in terms of kits. (The ranger will be targeted HARD)

I hope the next patch balances Assassin to work with this ranger nerf, and hopefully balances that demonic class with other kits as well because of how Assassin has remained the dominant class for five seasons straight, being absolutely broken in close range combat.

Posted Dec 6, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 6, 2019
    matrixyst and SpitefulNick like this.
  16. Smh my head, you knew that the change was made impulsively and without much planning or consideration. How silly.
    Love You

Posted Dec 7, 2019
  17. We should make it evade smoke bomb and Ranger is fine where it is and cyrrently I think it is to hard to kill a sin smoke bomb can be countered illusion can’t

Posted Dec 24, 2019
  18. Ranger is still broken, you can do a 28 damage shot that insta kills an assassin while you are in a protected claim with no worries of getting killed. I do agree sin should be nerfed but so should other kits to balance it out. Ranger is overpowered in clans as well

Posted Jan 1, 2020
  19. How is ranger balanced when you are able to do a 28 damage shot and insta kill and assassin while sitting in you're claim with no negative issue?? I agree sin needs a nerf but so should other kits

Posted Jan 1, 2020
  20. but the problem is it does if someone has a rare bow or full overcharge longshot. Ranger is still broken :

Posted Jan 1, 2020