• 2076 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6265 Players Online
  • 4189 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why Mineplex is Going Downhill

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Babandroid, May 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello! For those who don't know me, my Minecraft username was Nevermoreee. I played actively on clans 4 until I was disbanded, and I'll tell you why that is. It started in the beginning of this week, I was going to log on to have fun like any other day, until I see a message saying I am permanently banned for "chargeback." At first I did not know what this was, then I asked a staff member and he defined it for me. They then told me I apparently had purchased a "clans gilded dye box," then had retracted the purchase which was completely false. After that I thought that I was being framed intentionally by someone. This really annoyed me and I wish that staff would do something to both better handle how they ban players and find a solution to stop problems like these. A day following after making a support ticket I was unbanned, but this wasn't for long. Some time the next day, I get notified by various people saying that I got disbanded on clans 4. This news shocked me. I try to log on to Mineplex and I see that I am banned for AntiKB in clans. I was completely confused and this upset me very much. It led me to think of two issues; was my account compromised, or was it lag. As many know, clans is very laggy, the server constantly lags which can affect knockback. So I thought that I was lagging because of my own internet connection, which prevented me from taking knockback and therefore delaying it. Without delay, I made an appeal and it got denied. As some know, I do use the Badlion Client which is apparently a Minecraft client which prevents cheating while using it, but at times I've heard otherwise. Both of these punishments I received within three days are false, whether anyone believes me or not. It really is a shame not being able to play what was considered your favorite Minecraft server for a month, but if Mineplex is going to continue false banning innocent people just trying to have fun and play the game, then what is the point in playing on the server at all.

Now lets talk about Mineplex. Mineplex needs to do a better job handing out punishments to players. There should be concrete evidence for every report, and it is bizarre to me how I could even get banned for a punishment such as "AntiKB." Now, for my first ban, being permanently banned for something that you didn't even do is not right, and Mineplex has to find a way to prevent that from happening. Since I'm banned twice, I figured there really is no point in playing the server after my punishment expires. The probable outcome would be that I would just get falsely banned once again. If Mineplex cannot fix this or change their methods of dealing with "cheating" or other unfair advantages, many more will be falsely banned, just like me, and it will cost Mineplex' popularity and player count. I wish Mineplex and its community good luck.

Posted May 25, 2019
    MudkipLover2005 likes this.
  2. Rip :/

Posted May 25, 2019
    MudkipLover2005 likes this.
  3. Staff are human and staff make mistakes. However, if a staff member banned you, I'm almost 100% sure they have to have evidence of what you did, so they most likely do. If they were wrong, you can always appeal and your ban can be lifted. Just because a staff member makes one mistake (if it even was a mistake), does not mean the entire server is going to crumble. It sucks, but if it's wrong just appeal the ban.

Posted May 25, 2019
    el4ctrified and MudkipLover2005 like this.
  4. Press F to pay respects

F

Posted May 25, 2019
  5. I mean I've seen staff ban someone who had pvp timer on for vclip when they walked into a claimed chunk and where thrown under the ground. It was kinda funny.

Posted May 25, 2019
  6. Their player count will drop if they don't change their methods of dealing with cheating or other unfair advantages

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 25, 2019
    Dukecool15 and MudkipLover2005 like this.
  7. Like lots of people are killing players over and over and there should be an anti-target system which prevents the player killing the other player over and over until the other player kills the targetter.

Posted May 25, 2019
  8. So I have a few things to say about this. Regarding your bans it sucks that this happened to you but most of the time the staff team is watching a specific player for a while and is usually recording. Other times it could be a player using /report and the staff team is reviewing it. You also need to realize that the staff team are humans just like each of us and they make mistakes as well. I've seen plenty of times where I would use my Earth kit on people in Skywars and they wouldn't move an inch. You don't need to be critising the staff team just because of this. You should message a member on the Clans Management team regarding this and try to file another appeal. Regarding how the staff team deals with cheaters I think it's fine. It's not like they just watch them for a second see them hacking and instantly ban them. They watch the suspect for a good bit then draw a conclusion. I really hope you don't quit Mineplex because of this.

Posted May 25, 2019
  9. I asked them if I could see the forum report video but that hasn't been answered yet for 2 days. I get it if they cannot show the video but I really just wanted to see the proof.

OP OP
  10. Did you ask while making the appeal or did you ask a member of the Clan's Management? You could always try to contact them on Discord.

Posted May 25, 2019
  11. So how do you expect them to change this? At least give constructive criticism on what they can do better. Staff already have evidence before they ban, and unfortunately, they will never be 100% correct on every single punishment because they're human. That's just how it is.

Posted May 25, 2019
  12. I guess I'll try that but it probably won't do anything
    --- Post updated ---
    The chargeback bans could definitely be improved. From what I heard, I'm not the only one who got permanently banned by this. They need a more secure way to prevent bans like these.

OP OP
  13. False bans happen, but are rare. I got a temp false ban from a GWEN detection, but I only ever happened once. Im not saying I dont believe you, but the chances of getting banned twice for doing nothing are slim to none. If you truly are having these issues, I suggest filing a support ticket.

Posted May 25, 2019
  14. Won't resolve anything. There simply is no point in playing on the server for me if they are going to continue how they handle things like that.

OP OP
  15. I'm not exactly sure how the chargeback bans work or how they track things like that, unless it's automatic in which case it could be a glitch in the system that banned you. I would recommend DMing a staff member about it to be honest, because they could probably explain how it happened.

Posted May 25, 2019
  16. I was unbanned for that offense though but hours later I get banned again but this time for "AntiKB."

OP OP
  17. Then it seems that they are able to resolve the chargeback issue fairly quickly and well. With the AntiKB problem, that could be client side lag or a mistake by the staff member, but I do know they require evidence that you were cheating. Maybe try DMing the staff member on the forums? It's a rough problem, but they're must have been some problem or mistake for them to have banned you for that.

Posted May 25, 2019
  18. Heyo! o/

In your thread, you mentioned being punished for chargeback, while having no recollection of ever purchasing that item. Punishing players that chargeback is a Mineplex practice, as stated in the rules: "you may not buyback, stop, credit the server by any means necessary in order to receive your funds back that of which have been paid. And in doing so we reserve the right to disallow your continued play on the server/forums." If what you're saying is true and another player easily chargedback on your account without your consent, I do think there should be extra verification methods on support tickets. Perhaps, chargeback requests are only fulfillable when accounts are linked on the forums?

Every staff member has to have evidence of their punishments for up to two weeks. Therefore, staff do have to have evidence for something like a permanent ban, as you mentioned.

If you think you've been falsely punished, appeal it here. If you think that a staff member is abusing their powers or punishing you incorrectly, you should make a support ticket to be investigated.

Posted May 25, 2019
    Idut likes this.
    • Post Boosting
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Posted May 25, 2019
  19. I agree Kane

OP OP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.