• 293 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 293 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Why isn't there some sort of punishment for people who constantly leave games?

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Archer, Oct 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. People constantly leave cake wars matches whenever they don't get their preferred map, which leaves some people at huge disadvantages and makes games boring for everyone. There should be a system in place that makes you wait a certain amount of time if you leave too many games in rapid succession

Posted Oct 28, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  2. I've seen this suggested before, and it's been denied - such as on this thread: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/people-leaving-cake-wars-midgame.77647/#post-264395. I personally strongly disagree with implementing this, and there are many reasons as to why this would not be fair on the players. I firstly don't think it's fair to be punishing players just for leaving a game, it honestly is their choice if they no longer have interest in that game, or want to switch lobbies. There have been so many times when I have wanted to switch lobbies or log off for various reasons, and I wouldn't want to be punished for that. I also don't see it as fair at all if players have to log off for whatever reason, such as if their wifi cut out, or if they had to go out or have dinner. We can't just force players to stick to every single game they join, it's not fair and we would lose a lot of players. We simply are not able to control things that come up in life, and therefore that's why something like this would never be punishable. I would recommend checking out the linked thread above to see why this idea was denied, it's somewhat similar to what I've said in my post but in more depth.

Posted Oct 28, 2020
    hkq, Adrenaline, MC_Minium and 8 others like this.
  3. I completely disagree with this being made punishable too, a lot of people want to grind wins and not being able to leave the game would make it harder to gain wins quickly. No one should be forced to play a game they don't want to stay in. Thanks for the idea though!

Posted Oct 28, 2020
    MC_Minium, Archer and Anna ♡ like this.
  4. As a person who crashes often, I agree that we shouldn't be punished for this, and even if we were, they would need to have a complicated system to weed out the people who want to normally play the game vs the people who want their favorite map.

Posted Oct 28, 2020
    Archer likes this.
  5. This is the current environment of Cake Wars. You have smaller parties dodging other parties leading to games where it immediately starts off as 4 v 4 v 2 v 2, or other unfair combinations. I disagree with making it punishable with the same reasons AyyNick's link made. However, this can be fixed without some punishment system, if pub stomping is fixed directly. Whether that is with the implementation of a solo Cake wars gamemode or other methods I have addressed in other threads like this one: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/join-during-games.154878/.

Posted Oct 28, 2020
  6. I'm going to have to agree with the other users who have commented on this post already. This system just doesn't seem right, as mentioned by @Destro people may crash often and it would be very hard to detect if it was a crash or someone just leaving the game. Along with what @Disgruntle said most people who are desiring a specific map are trying to grind wins and get on lb's or keep their position on the lb. When users are trying to grind wins, they are mainly in parties with their friends for easier gameplay. They need specific maps due to the fact that since some maps are easier to play on over other maps which may be more difficult to play on, parties are probably looking for the easier maps so it's easier to win games. Let's give a hypothetical situation if this feature was actually accepted. If it was accepted, it would be hard to even implement this feature based on figuring out if people are leaving for a map, because they have to leave the server in general, or if their client just crashes. I'm not sure how you would implement a feature that can detect that, but maybe there is a way you can detect it, I'm not that familiar with java development. Anyways, I don't really agree with this suggestion but thanks for the idea.

Posted Oct 28, 2020
    Archer likes this.
  7. I also disagree with the act of punishing players just for leaving but leaving a bunch of games in a short time span seems a bit excessive and can ruin a lot of games. I was in 3 4v1s last night with myself being the 1 which was funny the first time but it got boring

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 28, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  8. I feel suggesting for a map vote would be more reasonable and accepted by most players!

Posted Oct 28, 2020
    Paladise and Archer like this.
  9. Most players are kids. As of school is in motion some kids probably get on Minecraft during school without parent permission. Players get off because it’s time to eat, finish school, caught playing during school, disconnections, you name it. For this it can’t be punishable. Like Archer said, there should be a cool down for finding games for both /hub and /findgame.

Posted Oct 28, 2020
    Archer likes this.
  10. Yeah, that’s mainly what I meant when I said punishment. My English is not exactly on fleek. Haha

OP OP
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  11. Yeah, solo cake wars would be cool do you could leave without kinda just leaving your team hanging

OP OP
    Paladise likes this.
  12. Lollmfaorofljk

This will never become punishable. I solo q a lot and leave against parties that I cba to fight (plethora of reaosns why). Why should I be punished for avoiding a waste of time.

Posted Oct 28, 2020
    Anna ♡ and Astai like this.
  13. Hey! As everyone else has stated above, I strongly disagree with this thread. It would simply be unfair to punish people for leaving a game. Sometimes a person can leave because they want to or something else might come up. This honestly would not do the community much good and just frustrate more people if the got punished for leaving a game. You could always find parties to play with if you want a team that does not leave as well. Anyways thank you for suggesting and have a great day!

Posted Oct 28, 2020
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  14. Hey there!

Just like mostly everyone else has said above, I personally don’t think this should or ever will be implemented. Theres many circumstances when someone might have to leave a game unexpectedly. There some lobbies i cant be bothered to fight in because i know that one or more teams are better than me or if they are known closeters. I wouldn’t want to waste time in a game i couldn’t even come close to winning. I would stay only if i believed that i could potentially win.

For example: A party of 4 people you know are good at the game join the cake wars server you are in. I wouldn’t want to stay if I knew there was no chance of winning.

Other than that some people may have internet issues and lag out of the game. They probably wouldn’t too happy if they were punished every time they lagged out of a game.

I strongly disagree with this thread.
    Have a nice day!

Posted Oct 28, 2020
  15. That’s fine but the problem lies with people who leave the majority of games that they’re in. One or two people leaving is fine but when too many leaves it created a pretty unfair match for everyone. If it were up to me I’d make there be some sort of cooldown time if you leave multiple games in rapid succession after the game starts

OP OP
  16. As I stated earlier, people leave games most of the time because they don’t want to waste time playing games they know they cant win. The players leaving often leaves less competition.

Leaving games in rapid succession is something almost every player does. Some want quick games and will go back to the lobby if they feel other players would hinder their hopes of a quick game.

I do not think there should be a cool down on players leaving games.

Most of the time the players leave while still in the countdown stage, if you do not feel comfortable playing in a game that is not full you can do the same thing they do and /hub.

If a player leaves the game after the game has actually begun then it will be counted as a loss. I would advise you to leave the game before the countdown ends if you are worried about your stats and not having a full team.

Try finding reliable team mates that you can count on and play with regularly. You might even make some new friends along the way.

Have a great day!

Posted Oct 29, 2020
  17. Hey!

As people above me have mentioned, this idea will cause more harm than good and frankly is not a plausible one for implementation. A more detailed denial reason can be found here.

Anyways, with this established, I will be marking this thread as not planned as well as locking it.

Thank you for sharing.

Thread Locked >> Idea Not Planned

Posted Oct 31, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.