• 395 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6662 Players Online
  • 6267 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why isn't Ocelot and Rabbit in Super smash mobs?

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by SamuelLightBlade, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Juego Bedrock Edition, no Java

Posted Apr 10, 2019
  2. @Eroil Todavía está aquí

Posted Apr 10, 2019
    Acerna likes this.
  3. “Esto” es incorrecto. No use adjectivo demonstrativo pero use una pronombre. “No, los añada.”
    Necesitas usar la forma de imperativo cuando usas la palabra añadir en este caso. “Añada” es la forma correcta.

Posted Apr 10, 2019
  4. The rabbit and the ocelot are not in SSM for one simple reason, their hit-boxes are too small which give an unfair advantage against mobs with large hit-boxes such as the iron golem.

Posted Apr 11, 2019
  5. Yes, I'm still here
    (????)
    Oh, the thread. Yeah guess they're not locking it since it's a month for it to be a necro and not ready weeks like I thought. So the only one that necro'd and brought back this thread for some reason was a mod, and they won't lock for that.

There's literally a chicken kit in the game.

Posted Apr 11, 2019,
    Last edited Apr 11, 2019
  6. every hit boxes are EQUAL
    --- Post updated ---
    whY does everYone thinks the hitboxes are different? IT'S HAS SAME HITBOXES.

Posted Apr 11, 2019
  7. I would love to see these kits, but I really don't want more kits with a really small hitbox.

Posted Apr 11, 2019
    Jaek likes this.
  8. Hitbox sizes can be customized by having an additional invisible entity with the morph.

This already happens, every morph has a squid above it holding a nametag. Although it's invisible, you can still hit it.

Posted Apr 11, 2019
  9. Not every kit has the same hitbox. Stop spreading misinformation. Someone already told you, I forgot where, that projectiles use player hitboxes, and melee uses the mob hit (plus the invisible squid).

Posted Apr 11, 2019
    LappySheep and neropatti like this.
  10. Todos los hitboxes son iguales. ¿De verdad crees que una gallina tiene el mismo hitbox que un golem de hierro?

Posted Apr 11, 2019
    Acerna likes this.
  11. That's neat. No wonder it's so easy to hit the squid.

Posted Apr 11, 2019
  12. bruh moment.
    But yeah they could always add plugins like that. But I wish for an arrow reg fix lmao

Posted Apr 11, 2019
  13. Honestly, this rule against small hitboxes is just so dumb, especially since Chicken, which has one of the smallest hitboxes in Minecraft, is widely regarded to be one of the worst mobs in SSM and therefore proof that just because a mob has an incredibly small hitbox by itself does not make it really strong. Even then, they can clearly just adjust the proportions of the hitbox to something more acceptable by their unreasonable standards. There's literally no excuse to this besides that they're avoiding using mobs with small hitboxes because they're generally annoying to deal with, and even then that excuse doesn't hold because they can easily just change the size.

Posted Apr 16, 2019
  14. Maybe it's just no use for this kit. I mean, it's a lot of different kits already, so maybe they don't see any point of adding more, you know.

Posted Apr 16, 2019
  15. .Hey!

I think that it's a great concept to involve all the mobs into the game, after all, it's called "Super Smash Mobs", but I feel there are so many issues that come along with the ride, which means that it's added at the expense of just too much.

I'm going to cover the hitbox issue, and it is in fact, still an issue.
    No matter what commands, or plugins you use to increase the size of the hitbox, it will still be unfair. I think it's great that you are able to manipulate hitboxes via the use of invisible entities, but how does it make sense that you can hit a rabbit if you just hit around it? The entire point of hitboxes is to show where the rabbit is, and where it can actually be hit. If the hitbox was to be spread around the rabbit by half a block, you can completely miss the rabbit and still hit it... In a game of Cakewars, if you're half a block out of the beacon area, do you still capture it? No, it makes no sense to allow hits against the rabbit, where they should not be hit at. Furthermore, it's completely understandable that a mob of around the same hitbox (chicken) is in the game, but as some players have experienced, that alone is tough to beat. Against a good chicken, your chances are slim. So how does it help the situation if you just add another one into the game? It's like slapping someone in the face, and so doing it again will make it right. Two wrongs do not make a right, where wrongs are the small sizes of the hitboxes.
    Actually, the status quo is quite the opposite. -unapproved link- is a link to all the different sizes of hitboxes, as you can see, they're very different.

As for the excess of kits, and for that reason they should not add any others; I think that's a reasonably valid reason. There are already a lot of kits, and it's a rational option that they're not just going to add kits which aren't of an exceptional standard. Following that point, however, is that if a particularly impressive idea was put forward, then I think that the number of kits wouldn't really matter.

That being said, you if you think your idea is up to standard, put it forward here @ https://www.mineplex.com/forums/new-kit-discussion.42/

I hope my consensus helped.

Posted Apr 16, 2019
  16. How would it be unfair? You never explained this in your post.

It doesn't have to "make sense". It just has to feel right in the game.

The point of hitboxes is to allow attacking the entity. The point of F3 + B is to show hitboxes and where the entity can be hit in vanilla.

It makes perfect sense -- the hitbox is otherwise too small.

Why is it completely understandable?

I see you're not an experienced player. Chicken is bottom tier in SSM, it takes a ton of damage. It can be hard to hit, yes, but if you land those few hits it will die very quickly.

Strawman argument, I never said this. I'm for modifying the hitbox size.

Also, the hitboxes are already not vanilla in SSM. In 1.8.9, every mob has a squid on top of it, holding their nametag. Most players don't even know this, even though it makes hitting kits like chicken easier. It doesn't "make sense" as you put it either, but it just works.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/276365053807165440/516466172669984768/1.8.9.gif

Posted Apr 16, 2019
    leo_thya likes this.
  17. Ok... What? LMFAO

Can we break this down...

Your first point is that you're questioning how a kill-aura-like mechanic is unfair. I see you're a resilient person, and that probably isn't enough, so I'm going to analyze this further. A rabbit is made in Minecraft at a small size, how rabbits should be. Now let's focus on the part where I said: "how rabbits should be". Super smash mobs is a very versatile game. There are many abilities, knockback ratios, and armor ratios in the game. Now the reason that Mineplex gives the mobs their pretty much natural hitboxes is that obviously, they want the mobs to be how they should be, but also because their abilities, etc. fit their hitboxes. Chicken has the passive ability that allows it to double jump I think 7 times because it's a very small and agile character. Rabbit would probably be the same right? Except the rabbit has a giant hitbox. So, I don't know how you see things. However, I like to think that a rational way of seeing this is: The rabbit is made to be a rabbit, not an iron golem. If you're in a PVP fight you can't hit next to them and still hit them? If you're trying to kill a bat in singleplayer, Mojang doesn't give the bat a bigger hitbox for you... In block hunt, you can't hit the block next to the hider and hit them. Hunting a rabbit in the wild, in real life, doesn't mean hunting the space next to the rabbit? No, if you're going to fight a rabbit, you should try fighting a rabbit.

Now for my favorite thing, you said. "It doesn't have to make sense"...
    So let me get this straight. The game... The kits in the game... They don't have to make sense?
    "NEW KIT UPDATE EVERYONE: THE IRON GOLEM CAN NOW FLY." is okay?
    or: "NEW KIT UPDATE EVERYONE: THE IRON GOLEM HAS THE CHICKEN HITBOX"
    Although you did say feel right in the game. So how about we give wolf slowness 5 to nerf it's overpowered versatility. Yeahhhhhh no. This is just. If you consider yourself an experienced player, you should surely realise that a kit should make sense if it were to be added into the game.

So I basically said that "it doesn't make sense to hit something where it shouldnt be able to be hit". But that makes perfect sense? OK SIS WHAT
    So I'm not too good with the bow, but they should make it so I can just shoot and hit people whenever, it makes perfect sense, so it should be added. In the same way the hitbox may be too small, my bow skill is too small. Aaaahh, honestly, I don't see the effort in continuing to rebut this point any further, it doesn't require it.

I think you may have skimmed over my message. I never said that chicken players were impossible to beat. A keyword I mentioned was, "good". Now I'm not saying I'm experienced. However, it seems you are. So surely you would understand that if you were to come against a very good chicken player, some would rarely stand a chance, no matter how experienced you are.

Ok I understand on one hand we have a pretty small squid, then we have the giga slime in your video.
    I fail to see how they are comparable?
    Oh well.

Thanks for your reply. Please PM me if you would like to continue this, I'd rather not talk about this on the thread.

Posted Apr 16, 2019
  18. notice how neropatti said
    "I see you're not an experienced player."

you said
    "some"

experienced players are some of the community, not all.

a good zombie can 1-shot a chicken (+dg)
    a bad zombie cannot

a good iron golem can 3-shot a chicken (+iron hook)
    a bad golem cannot

do you understand the flaws with your message now

Posted Apr 17, 2019
  19. I think thats the point...thats why there is only a couple mobs with consistantly small hitboxes

Posted Apr 17, 2019
    Acerna likes this.

20. I was at first very confused why you called it a "kill aura like mechanic", didn't seem to make any sense, until I realized you're talking about the part in the video where he gives the rabbit a hitbox of a giant slime that you can punch anywhere you look.
    Let me make it clear to you- neropatti isn't saying to add something like that into the game. That was only a demonstration of what you can do with that mechanic. Nobody is saying that we should make anything the hitbox of a size 10 slime.

As for the other parts, I'll address them quickly.

"So let me get this straight. The game... The kits in the game... They don't have to make sense?

NEW KIT UPDATE EVERYONE: THE IRON GOLEM CAN NOW FLY." is okay?"

SSM as a whole doesn't make much sense, we do have a flying chicken, after all. You can argue that fits much better with the theme of the mob, still wouldn't say it makes "much sense". Another great example is the fact that zombie has a bow.

All of that is irrelevant here though, since you basically used a strawman there. He wasn't saying that the kit as a whole shouldn't make sense with their abilities, but was offering an option to make small hitbox kits less annoying to deal with, and that's something completely different. I wouldn't say exactly it makes perfect sense- but it does gameplay wise.

You can argue that at least the hitboxes should make sense in the game, not being larger than what they are.
    Thing is though, SSM hitboxes are already wonky af. Projectiles only resister hits when hitting the player's hitbox and not the mob, and in 1.8 an invisible squid makes your hitbox larger than it actually is. So yeah, hitboxes already don't exactly make perfect sense.

I guess you can argue that just because it's bad already that doesn't mean we should make it worse (and that's a fine stance to have) but honestly I don't think something like adding an invisible size 2 slime to a hitbox of a rabbit would be a really big deal. The hitbox is fairly similar, and it's not like you can look anywhere and still hit it, you'll only still hit if you miss by a little, so fighting a rabbit wouldn't be as annoying.

"Although you did say feel right in the game. So how about we give wolf slowness 5 to nerf it's overpowered versatility. Yeahhhhhh no. This is just. If you consider yourself an experienced player, you should surely realise that a kit should make sense if it were to be added into the game"

Not sure what's that supposed to mean. I don't think anyone thinks that would fill right in the game in any way.

"So I'm not too good with the bow, but they should make it so I can just shoot and hit people whenever, it makes perfect sense, so it should be added. In the same way the hitbox may be too small, my bow skill is too small. Aaaahh, honestly, I don't see the effort in continuing to rebut this point any further, it doesn't require it"

Even if they would make a kit's hitbox bigger it wouldn't change how hard it is to hit someone with a projectile as they only register hits on the player's hitbox like I mentioned earlier.

"I think you may have skimmed over my message. I never said that chicken players were impossible to beat. A keyword I mentioned was, "good". Now I'm not saying I'm experienced. However, it seems you are. So surely you would understand that if you were to come against a very good chicken player, some would rarely stand a chance, no matter how experienced you are"

I'm failing to understand what you're exactly saying here.
    Does no one stand a chance against an experienced chicken players?
    Does only some people don't stand a chance?

If it's the first, that's wrong. Other equally as experienced players that play better kits will most likely be able to beat them as chicken is one of the worst kits in the game.

If it's the second thing, well yeah other less experienced players will have a hard time, but that's true to any kit when you're probably against someone who's better than you.

Posted Apr 17, 2019