• 1463 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4584 Players Online
  • 3121 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why isn't Ocelot and Rabbit in Super smash mobs?

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by SamuelLightBlade, Nov 27, 2018.

1. i have always wondered this. they have guardian, a 1.8 mob, but not ocelot or rabbit? please explain.
    --- Post updated ---
    i was thinking if they did add them, ocelot could be a high skill stealth class, with long cooldown moves,
    but a invisibility move that they can toggle on and off. and rabbit could be a very fast, kiting or pursuit class.

Posted Nov 27, 2018
    Perit likes this.
  2. Something something hitboxes are too small

Posted Nov 27, 2018
    xOeuf likes this.
  3. well look at chicken. smallest hitbox, and they dont have rabbit or ocelot :/
    --- Post updated ---
    thats kinda dumb

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 27, 2018
    Perit likes this.
  4. Chicken was added before the general rule of hitboxes. After chicken the rule was enacted. Though we've been given some leeway recently to think of kits with smaller hitboxes.

Posted Nov 27, 2018
    PapiKirito and MCCharity like this.
  5. There is plenty of kits already, adding new ones just makes it more messy and I don't think that it's necessary at the moment.

Posted Nov 29, 2018
  6. There used to be a rule that no more kits with small hitboxes were being added, but it was removed. People just haven't had enough time to brainstorm the kit.
    You're free to present your own kit ideas, even if the chances of your ideas being added are next to none. I find thinking about kit ideas fun, anyhoo.

Posted Nov 29, 2018
  7. Explain what you mean by messy? I don’t see a problem with adding more kits and new content is always welcomed.

Posted Nov 29, 2018
    ChrisPKStar likes this.
  8. There's nothing wrong with adding new kits. They're different platforms, but the original Super Smash Bros has multiple different characters that spice up and flare up excitement with the community. I see no difference in why Super Smash Mobs can't have multiple as well.

Posted Nov 29, 2018
    Snowwii and ChrisPKStar like this.
  9. Guardian was probably shoed in because GWEN but anyways there's no problem with ocelot kit. If we had unlimited dev time, I'm sure we'd have all available fair mobs as kits by now. Including Ocelot (and maybe cat).

The bigger problem really, is a lack of uniqueness and diversity between all the already existing kits, and that's a different story.

Posted Nov 29, 2018
  10. I've seen staff say the following likely won't be added due to hitboxes upsetting the balance heavily,

Rabbit, Ocelot, bat (obviously would be broken due to the tiny as hell hitbox), Parrot (when the server can do it), and obviously we know that the termites in 1.14 will ALWAYS be a giant nope.

Posted Nov 29, 2018
  11. Yo,

Seeing as this isn't an ideas thread for the kits but more so of a question about Super Smash Mobs I'll be moving it to the Super Smash Mobs section. If you have any question about this action feel free to DM me.

As previous people have said, I believe the issue was with hitboxes although that has changed so feel free to suggest kit ideas.

Thread Moved -> More Appropriate Section

Posted Mar 20, 2019
    pzazz likes this.
  12. blah blah hitbox is as small as an atom *fat dab*

Posted Apr 10, 2019
    xOeuf likes this.
    Posted Apr 10, 2019
  14. I think they haven't added these for two reasons:
    1) not enough time, already a bunch of kits

2) would be repetitive; one kit might be almost the same thing as another

Posted Apr 10, 2019
  15. Necropinno Rippiperino.

As for the question itself, like people said there used to be a rule about the mob hitboxes, and after that, we've only gotten 1 update lol. It's not like we're getting updates to SSM on a rapid pase and for some reason they don't add those kits, there have been no changes in the past year+. So yeah.

(I give this thread like, 10 more hours? Before getting locked)

Posted Apr 10, 2019
  16. When a staff member necro posts LOL

Posted Apr 10, 2019
  17. Basically to do with small hitboxes being an issue for PvP. The thing with Ocelot and Rabbit is that they both lean toward being mobile kits (Ocelots are fast cats, and Rabbits have high jumps); this just exacerbates the small hitbox issue in that it makes it even more difficult to hit a fast-moving, small creature.

Of course, I'm sure there are ways around this. The first thing that comes to mind is not to build either kit around mobility. Though, if they're going to have mobility, there should be a sufficient weakness that makes up for it. For instance, Chicken is small as heck, but its armor is total garbage. So when you do hit it, it takes more damage than any other kit would, and in the end, it's easy to kill. However, you also don't want another Wolf on your hands- is fast and mobile, has a pretty small hitbox, and is able to deal large amounts of damage in a short period of time.

Posted Apr 10, 2019
  18. To this, I have a solution :DDD
    https://xen.mineplex.com/threads/ssm-kit-idea-ocelot.19184/
    Just be warned, this thread is way over 30 days old so if anyone doesn’t have anything to contribute/suggest, DON’T post. If anyone does, please do so because I would like more feedback. xd

Posted Apr 10, 2019
  19. Espera, ¿no tenemos ocelotes en Super Smash mobs? NOOO, añadamos esto, no debemos faltar al respeto al poder de los gatos. 1 +

Posted Apr 10, 2019
  20. I mean if you haven’t noticed, you must not play much. Unless you’re joking idk.

Posted Apr 10, 2019
    itsurosh likes this.