• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6835 Players Online
  • 3945 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why is using an "overpowered" kits more okay than using the crystal?

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Pizzazilla, Jun 6, 2020.

1. There's a lot of players in this community who really hate the smash crystal. Most of the reasons they have are valid, like the potential to gain a full stock back and most kits get an ability that can wipe out most players pretty easily. For one I think it should be removed. The particles lag the players and the smash abilities among kits are not balanced. So, yeah I use smash a lot, but I see why people are frustrated by it.

The problem I have is for one, some of these players will use obviously overpowered kits and then become frustrated when you kill them with crystal. For one thing, just get the crystal instead of the other players if that's a possibility. Its usually in a pretty open spot that all kits can get to. The only example I can think of where this isn't the case is Hyrule. Secondly, I think it's a bit hypocritical to use a specific kit to give yourself an unfair advantage the entire game, but then get mad at other players for using the crystal for the exact same motives you have.

If you use a balanced kit and don't use smash you have a valid argument that I understand, but if you use blatantly overpowered kits and then get mad that someone uses smash, I'm just going to assume you're a bit salty about losing.

Posted Jun 6, 2020
    _NameTag_ and HushMyChild like this.
  2. Well, if we're talking about overpowered kits like top tiers that have incredibly high skill caps, like spider and zombie, those are okay to use because they're hard to master. A smash crystal makes you win the game in one click depending on your kit. Even cheap kits like skeleton horse can't do that; there's at least a tiny bit of thought and effort that goes into killing a player with cheap kits.

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  3. Because some kits can be destroyed by other kits, it's also subjective on what kits are op, some people find chicken op because of infinite chicken missiles or wolf and guardian because it can kill some kits extremely fast. I think the biggest difference is, anyone can play these kits, and it's actually beatable if you play correctly. However, let's say a kit like Skeleton Horse comes in, a kit a lot deem op but can still be fairly easy to beat, you have almost no chance at all against the smash crystal. A kit like squid, which I don't think really anyone with experience would say is op, has a really good smash crystal that can take multiple stocks off with ease. At least you still have to play with op kits, and not just left click the ground while flying to kill people. It's also a choice of, smash crystals give you a whole life extra if you use it correctly, overall it's much more helpful even to a zombie because at least you get full health.

Overall just give me any op kit to fight over a smash user who gains a whole life from one right click.

Posted Jun 6, 2020
    0775 likes this.
  4. I see what you're saying. By overpowered kits, I meant like easy to use kits such as creeper or horse. The thing about the crystal is it's supposed to be easy and broken and while actively using the crystal isn't difficult, if four people are all crowded in a small area it can be fairly difficult and dangerous to obtain.

Edit: Plus I feel like I'm plagued with a creeper the entire game and I typically don't even die from the opposer using the crystal depending on who they are and what kit they are using.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 6, 2020
  5. Um... how about because the smash crystals have the ability to damage and kill literally every other player in the lobby in a matter of seconds? Not to mention, kits such as Creeper can quite literally destroy the entire map in one go.

Do some kits need rebalancing? Yes. Is using these kits worse than using a smash crystal? In my opinion, that statement is irrelevant. We're comparing apples to oranges here. Not to mention that both of these are issues that GI is continuing to work tirelessly to come up with some form of compromise for.

Posted Jun 6, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 6, 2020
  6. no

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 6, 2020
    Wildbrandon likes this.
  7. I'm confused by this message. No what?

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  8. I think it's legal to use smash against someone using skelly horse or creeper, especially if they're camping. These people will be acting like idiots for the whole game and I will be so annoyed at them that I actually use smash on them even though I usually don't. They have no right to complain because they were already ruining the game.

Also people who are scummy/ignorant enough to use OP kits are probably also very likely to use smash crystal because using smash is also something that scummy/ignorant players do.

Posted Jun 7, 2020
  9. I'd have to disagree, people can play any kit they want. Skeleton Horse and Creeper are both fairly easy to beat, it's kits like Spider and Zombie that are difficult going against actual skilled players. Even then using smash is only for when you can't really beat a player or just want to annoy them, usually I'm prideful and don't want to say I could only beat someone when I had to use a smash crystal though.

Overall I don't think it matters on what kit they play that decides if someone should use it or not. Just my opinion on the subject.

Posted Jun 7, 2020
  10. For one I think you are greatly overexaggerating the abilities of a smash crystal. There is not one map that comes close to being "entirely destroyed" by Atomic Blast. You also stated, "kill literally every other player in the lobby in a matter of seconds". This isn't really true when talking about any of the kits. Like maybe if the entire lobby was standing still and you were enderman or horse you could pull it off, but in most situations, you are not getting 3+ kills on 3 separate players.

A great compromise for smash crystals is just to remove them from the game. No one gets them. I would like for them to have some sort of special ability, but given the server's track record of failing to balance both the kits and crystals I would just completely throw out the idea of the crystal.

The reason I'm pairing "Easy To Use Kits" and "Smash Crystals" together is because the motives for using either of them are the same. The player uses them to gain, what I think to be, an unfair advantage over the other players in the lobby. So yeah, I guess it's like apples to oranges, but just because they have different qualities to one and other doesn't grant them immunization to being compared. Scam Emails and Selling Fake Merchandise are two very different things, but the motives behind committing such things are the same. They both take advantage of other people for personal gain. Just like using overpowered kits and smash crystals are different. They share a common motive for using them.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 7, 2020
  11. Alright, so I believe that smash crystals should not get removed, I believe they should be re-purposed. Recently, I have stopped using Smash Crystals against players to make the game more fair even if it ends up me loosing. I believe that the smash crystals should be repurposed to be more subtle, but last longer. For instance maybe Iron Golem can get a higher tier weapon like a sword instead of an axe for maybe a few minutes, that way it is still an advantage, however it isn't quite game changing.

Posted Jun 7, 2020
  12. I didnt say people can't use specific kits. I meant that it's annoying when they do. I wouldn't use a smash crystal against someone using zombie or spider because these kits take a respectable amount of skill and I wouldn't want to ruin the game for them. But then creeper and skeleton doesn't take a lot of effort to abuse something that's already busted. It's really annoying to kill them because all they do is run and their attacks do a lot of kb so fighting a high level player using one of these things is annoying sometimes so I think it's justifiable if a person uses smash against them. Some horses literally stall the while game just for smash so if you can get it and use it against them, then you're beating them at their own game. Despite this, I still do think that smash should be removed because it causes more problems than what it solves, but more importantly, these "OP" kits need a nerf. I won't go into detail on that because it's not the point of this thread, but if you use a kit that many experienced and average players of the SSM community deem "OP" then I just don't think you should be complaining if someone uses smash. However, the fairness of these situations is entirely subjective so I can understand where you're coming from.

Posted Jun 7, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 7, 2020
    aaawesome and HushMyChild like this.