• 131 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3332 Players Online
  • 3201 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why is this terrible evidence for someone hacking?

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by Mudkip2021, Sep 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the video is in **** quality but the username of the hacker is visible and he is clearly flying

edit: video removed from youtube but i have it on discord

Posted Sep 17, 2021,
    Last edited Sep 17, 2021
  2. You have to record with a screen recorder not an iPhone lol.

Posted Sep 17, 2021
  3. Hi,

I believe you have asked this question on discord already so I will just reiterate what I have already said, and others may repeat it. Evidence used for forum reports should follow the guidelines outlined in the reporting guide here: https://www.mineplex.com/report-guide/

On the reporting guide, if you go to down to evidence and then to "for video", the guide says: "
    • Evidence of Hacking offences MUST be a video, recorded using a proper video capture software (Ex. Bandicam, Fraps, etc.), and may NOT be recorded using external devices (phones, tablets, cameras, etc); "
    Since the video you're showing looks like it was recorded on an external device, it could be denied/marked as insufficient evidence in a forum report. If you read through the reporting guide, you can look at the recommendations for evidence submission in forum reports.

Posted Sep 17, 2021
    Dulciloquy and makw like this.
  4. wouldn’t the important part be seeing evidence of someone hacking alongside their username?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 17, 2021
  5. Sadly he's not the one making the rules, he is the one who has to abide to them, and because the rules for some unexplained reason say that screen recording software is important(same with the evidence having not to be a download, making YT basically the only way to put the clips of cheaters somewhere so the mods can review them)

Also: this is java edition, pretty sure there is a /report command allowing you to report players ingame

Posted Sep 17, 2021
  6. me and several others used the report command dozens of times but the hacker never got banned, and /report (username) (reason) doesn’t give a notification which is why mods often don’t do anything. StaffRequests is better for hacking offences but can’t seem to join that

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 17, 2021
  7. Hey there, I work on the reports patrol team and thus I might be able to help clarify some stuff. But first and foremost, thank you for reporting players, when we can't handle all in-game /reports, forum reports are invaluable to keeping the platform fairer.

All hacking reports must be a video and cannot be recorded on an external device. If evidence does not meet those requirements then the report will be instantly denied. We have protocols in place to make sure that all evidence in reports we accept is legitimate and will not lead to any false bans. All reports patrol members use the same criteria so there is consistency between all reports handled. Whilst I understand this can be frustrating, it is only to make sure that we are doing our jobs correctly to the highest possible extent.

If you ever have an issue with the outcome of a submitted report, you can always message the person who handled your report with a link to the report and they should be able to help clarify the decision made or take another look if necessary. If after that you still feel it has been handled inappropriately or incorrectly then you can go to Wanderer.

When reporting players, using screen recording software is a must. I personally recommend OBS as it's easy to setup, good quality and I have found that even without high end specs it can still record fairly smoothly (I manage to run it on my 8GB ram laptop haha). There are loads of free options out there too so if you choose to report more people in the future then there's lots of to choose from.

Since your query has been addressed and there's not much further, constructive discussion to be had here, I will go ahead and lock the thread. If you have any further questions then please don't hesitate to send me a message ^^

Thread locked ~ Concern addressed

Posted Sep 17, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.