• 1731 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12739 Players Online
  • 11008 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why is the skill gap so wide?

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by ThinkTankMC, Jan 13, 2021.

?

Should Mineplex start matching games based on level

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    48.0%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    52.0%
  1. Title. Every time I play a match I get killed by a lvl 60-100. Why did the game stop being fair for everyone?

Posted Jan 13, 2021
  2. The skill gap is wide because now a large % of the playerbase focuses hard on the stats and wins. The only way you can beat them is by getting better than them. Since production is so slow I doubt anything like your idea will ever be implemented anyways. It's taken 1+ years for some games to receive simple bug updates and fixes so don't get your hopes up on this ever happening.

Posted Jan 13, 2021
    EpicEnderDragon1 likes this.
  3. To answer your poll, I have mixed feelings. I think it would be a good idea so that new players don't feel overwhelmed or outmatched. But I don't think it is likely that this will work because the playerbase is not big enough. So games would probably have only small numbers of people, and then it would be less fun or it would take too long to wait for a game to start. I know it's frustrating sometimes, but playing against higher level players is a part of the game and it's a part of getting better.

Posted Jan 13, 2021
  4. Hey!
    I don't think it stopped being far for everyone per say, I just think that some players who are more skilled at the game took advantage to get even better at the game while some people play the game for fun. For example skywars. A lot of players play the game very competitively trying to solidify a place on the leader boards for Daily wins, weekly wins, and overall wins.

These players play a lot, they obviously will level up because they are doing good in the games, and they just dominate every player that they go up against. So in conclusion, I think that its just a case of players who enjoy the game a lot and want to get better and get on the leaderboards get a lot better because they are playing so much, making it "unfair" to the other players.

Posted Jan 13, 2021
  5. People left. The average players all flocked to hypixel and now we're left with noobs and pros and nobody in between.

Posted Jan 13, 2021
    Brvken and EpicEnderDragon1 like this.
  6. What i think your saying is base games on your level, but what about the alt's? This doesn't really seem like a problem that can be solved besides doing test games and placing that way, but then you could just play bad. All in all, i just dont think you can solve this problem. Just get good ig?

Posted Jan 13, 2021
  7. I get beat by lower level players all the time, it isn't about the level, i'd say. and as the person above suggested, alts/smurf accounts would be littering around too. really the only way around highly skilled players is to.. well, practice and also become a higher skilled player. if youre playing against people lower than you, then you wont get better. practive and learning is pretty much all about losing. losing helps you learn what to do better next time. i wish you luck in bettering your skills so you can be one of those level 60-100 players. <3

Posted Jan 13, 2021
  8. I suggested this already, and it was immediately shot down. The majority of the Mineplex community are just tryhards and they want to play against lower level players in order to feel good about themselves because they beat a significantly worse player. There's not much you can do because me and you are a minority in this situation.

Posted Jan 14, 2021 at 8:07 AM
  9. minecraft is not a game where smurfing is imminent, mainly because it is not competitive enough but also because it costs money. No excuse

Posted Jan 14, 2021 at 8:08 AM
  10. Mate we don't feel "good" because we beat someone that was easy to kill. We actually don't care about skill, we just want to have fun, and for us, having fun is winning the game. You just have a negative opinion of us because some of these highly skilled players are simply rude, and that's understandable, but most of those you consider tryhards are just good players trying to have fun playing with their friends.

Posted Jan 14, 2021 at 9:32 AM
    Da_One and Fusafez like this.
  11. Level has nothing to do with skill level lol. Skill is based on the amount of work you put in to improve. Those who put in no work don't do well at all.

Posted Jan 14, 2021 at 9:59 AM
    Krxo likes this.
  12. I don't feel like Survival Games is unfair at all, and this is why:
    - Kits do not cost a lot of gems, it's possible to buy every single kit within a few days of playing, so everyone gets to play the same kit as the other players and I don't think it gets fairer than that.
    - The game starts at the same time for everyone, the chests are placed across the map for everyone to find and loot, so nobody has a single unfair advantage compared to the other players in the game.
    The reason that you're dying to high leveled players is because they have spent a lot of time and effort into improving their skill level and game-sense. Some players play the game a lot, and after a while they improve their skill level and win more games, which is completely normal and fair.
    My opinion is that, the more you play and the more experience you gather, the better you will be at a certain game-mode.
    I'm sure that if you put more work into improving your game sense and strategies you will be able to beat other good players in no time. Just don't give up and you will see the difference sooner or later.

Have a great day/night!
    - Petar

Posted Jan 14, 2021 at 10:01 AM
    Pillowbro, Fusafez and Roody like this.
  13. Calling people tryhards is literally an excuse for not being able to fight people who are better than you lol... I don't see how being good at a game makes someone a tryhard. Like I said above, level has nothing to do with skill lol. If I go on an alt and beat you, what would your excuse be then? Surely you can't say it's level if I'm a lower level on said alt. No wnoder your suggestion was shot down

Posted Jan 14, 2021 at 10:05 AM
    Pillowbro and zdemon98 like this.
  14. I don't like this idea for many reasons. Now, first I do like the idea of a game having a skill based matching system, though there are so many problems with this idea. The first issue is the issue of the amount of players. Though Survival Games has around like 100 players I would say at a time (though it may be more or less), those players are split between 2 game modes, teams and solo. This reduces the players, and so if you think about it, all it would do is make matchmaking longer and you still will get into a game with a lot of the same people as before. And that leads to the issue that this game isn't good for this type of matchmaking. Like, how would you matchmake a party based on levels, also Survival Games would probably need more people because as i stated earlier, this would make the queues longer, and not spread out the games that much due to the smaller players base. Lastly, matchmaking by levels is not smart. Levels does not equal skill at all. I have seen level 100s who aren't really good at pvp or SG, and I've seen level like 30s who are really good. If you were to judge it by stats, it would be a little more complicated but better to show skill, but still alts can ruin it too. Just levels are not the best way to matchmake, and if this were to be added, a better way would be to go by either stats or some kind of elo system. In conclusion, though the idea to match people based on skill is a good idea, the actual application would probably never work. Also, as said above, some games take a while to get minor updates, so for a game to get such a major update, especially one that already had a major update more recently than a lot of games that haven't been updated in a while like SSM and other games, I doubt this idea would ever happen, or at least no time soon. But still, its a good idea to think about. Have a good day and good luck on this idea.

Posted Jan 14, 2021 at 12:27 PM
    Roody and Fusafez like this.
  15. Honestly that's always what happens lol, then when I get on my main, "OH iT'S bEcAuSe yOu'Re A HiGh LeVeL"

Posted Jan 14, 2021 at 1:29 PM
  16. People think I'm a hacker even when they realize I'm a high level. They even think I hack at draw my thing lmao

Posted Jan 14, 2021 at 1:31 PM
    Roody likes this.