• 351 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7294 Players Online
  • 6943 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why is skywars dead?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Zeeelzeeel, Sep 20, 2021.

?

Why is skywars dead?

1. I dont know

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. That game sucks

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. its sometimes 1 or 2 but 2/3 of the time its 0

Posted Sep 20, 2021
  2. Confusion.

Posted Sep 20, 2021
    Joshhh likes this.
  3. It's not dead? For me (I'm in eastern time), skywars is more likely to have people playing in the afternoon/evening. If you're an EU player, and you're on at night/morning (my time), the java server has fewer people, so thats why it might look dead.

Posted Sep 20, 2021
  4. I'm in Texas (Central Time) and struggle to find games on weekdays. I would most likely attribute this to the decline in players on the Java side of the server as well as the hacking issue the skywars is plagued with. Unfortunately, a lot of blatant hackers like to get on games that revolve around pvp since hacks like bhop and kill aura help them the most and make the game extremely unenjoyable for all legit players. Another reason I feel why the player count has dropped is because of the direction that skywars has gone. The current skywars is called version 3 or v3, and I know that many members of the community voiced their dismay for the transition from v2 to the updated v3.

Another thing to remember is the majority of Mineplex players are in school, so the best times to queue are weekends or after school for people who live in America which is roughly any time after 3:00 pm Central time (4:00 Eastern).

Posted Sep 20, 2021
    CookieBilly likes this.
  5. Cause Java has as many players as block hunt does on Bedrock

Posted Sep 20, 2021
  6. I can see why you think this, but they’re actually people play this during the day (Central time around the afternoon) not a lit of people play but it could get a full lobby going. There has also been a decrease in the Java player base but the server still maintains a decent amount of players.

Posted Sep 21, 2021
  7. You can get into a lot of reasons here as to why the game has died, it used to be the most popular ones after all, now it's one of the least popular ones on the server. The player count in general has dropped as expected when the entire player count of the server dropped drastically, but if you want to get into the specifics of Skywars then there are other reasons.

For example, I used to play only Skywars but after V3 came out I literally never played it again. I know a bunch of others as well that dropped the game completely after that update, as it removed what was a super unique concept from the game and made it a carbon copy of many other Skywars games on other servers. The kits were unbalanced but, from my perspective, no real effort was made to balance them and they were simply removed entirely - which made a significant amount of people unhappy.

The game is also not really growing, and I'm not surprised as it's not too beginner-friendly. Leaderboard chasers dominate the game and the kits don't really make sense for the meta. For example, I see a lot of new players using their pickaxes to mine their islands as one would think to do given that both the kits involve pickaxes, only to either die to the quick map corruption or come out with a very small amount of diamond/iron armour and weapons just to meet someone who got to mid in 30 seconds and is already massively stacked. The game just needs a massive overhaul so it shines bright again.

Posted Sep 21, 2021
    Joshhh likes this.
  8. the cool kits were taken away :(
    Also, it’s just really bad in general. Just play the other server (if you know what I mean)’s skywars, it’s way more fun.

Posted Sep 22, 2021
  9. Overall the reason Skywars have dropped in players is the same reason a vast majority of games have dropped in players which is not only has Mineplex lost a decent amount of players, but it also depends on when you log on. For example, later on weeknights and midway weekend for me the lobbies seem to fill up relatively quickly. However, on early morning weekdays they are almost all dead since a lot of people have school. I would suggest trying to log on around busier times if you can find out when those times are.

Posted Sep 22, 2021
    20LeeBrian1 and Joshhh like this.