• 1188 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6407 Players Online
  • 5219 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why is Skeleton regarded as one of the best kits if it has issues?

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by DarthDownUnder, May 19, 2020.

1. I've always wondered why Skeleton has been placed on the tops of tier-lists when there's so many things that makes it mediocre.
    You have to put a lot more work into trying to survive and stand a chance against the easier kits, and even I find myself dying to amateur players just because my arrows bounced off of them so commonly, while their attacks that didn't even touch me register for them.
    Honestly, if they were to fix the arrow bounce bug, the kit would be pretty good actually, but I don't think that'll ever happen.
    My arrows bounce off so many damn chickens, it's stupid.
    It's also completely at the disadvantage in melee, even if I have a higher CPS than a Creeper, they can still hit me before I can hit them, and that's probably due to the hitbox on the creeper being smaller.

I honestly really hate fighting Creepers, they always bob and weave, my arrows will bounce off of them, then when I try the same, they launch their Sulfur bomb at me, and it hits since the hitbox is bigger.

Honestly, I feel that if there was a creeper/skeleton horse main who reached the max amount of skill possible, and had to fight against a skeleton who also had the max amount of skill, the creeper/skeleton horse would win since the kits are so much better compared to Skeleton.

Posted May 19, 2020
  2. Heyo!

I'm gonna answer as much of this as possible. I'm gonna start off with the skeleton kit. The skeleton kit is the first kit in the array of kits you get. It's not meant to be the best kit, but you have people like me, and multiple other people that are really good with it. That is why it's placed high up as one of the best kits. As long as you are really good with a kit, and keep practicing, you should one day be as good, or even better than all the people using the other kits. Next up is about your issue with the arrows bouncing, which has to do with the version you are on, and your connection. If you are on a version higher than 1.8.9 that tends to make your arrows bounce due to the fact that Minplex is a 1.8 based server. Your internet connection or just connection to the server, in general, could also cause you to have your arrows bounce off of people. Yes the hitboxes are smaller on some of the kits, but that's just how the mobs are made, and how the kits are made so the higher the price, the better the kit you are tending to get. Also CPS does not matter when it comes to hit registration. Servers can only register a certain amount of CPS before they don't register it anymore. I believe like most servers, it's between 5-10 CPS is the CPS registration cap. So trying to hit someone, even if you have higher CPS, doesn't mean that you have a better chance of hitting them first. To answer your last concern, yes some people who use different kits might be better or worse than others, but it mostly comes down to the player's skill. If someone has a better or worse kit than you, it's doesn't matter. Most of the time in SSM it's pure skill that gets you killed, not the peoples kit. Hopefully I answered your concerns. Thanks! have a great week! :)

Posted May 19, 2020
    DarthDownUnder likes this.
  3. Regarding the skelly vs creeper thing, i get it arrows bouncing it's annoying and even sometimes i see the arrow hitting my face but it does nothing( hitreg problem not really the other guy's fault ), still, barrage it's one of the best range options of any kit, you can just run and keep dealing nice dmg without that much precise aiming while getting your hunger refilled forcing your oponent to come close, and most of the times the arrows will deal dmg.
    And try to avoid meele when you're playing a range kit.

Have a noice day.

Posted May 19, 2020
    aaawesome, Mitchy and DarthDownUnder like this.
  4. cps affects your hits, the price in gems has absolutely nothing to do with the kit itself, and if you aim for the player hitbox rather than the mob hitbox you shouldn’t have much arrow bounce

Posted May 19, 2020
  5. Heyo!

If you're gonna be disrespectful on here, and on discord that I am not a part of, then please just don't respond to my stuff. I get it, you don't like me, and just like to spread hate. But this server is something I enjoy being a part of, and I just don't want to deal with you. I'm sorry. If you don't agree with the information that I gave to this guy, then just don't respond to my posts specifically, and make your own that says the correct way if I'm incorrect. Thanks! Have a great week!

Posted May 19, 2020
  6. Nothing he's said was as you put it "hateful"

Posted May 19, 2020
  7. Yes. I very much realize that, but he has been disrespectful in the past and has made posts on discord about me and what I say. I get he wasn't being hateful to me in a bad way, but he is only targeting me. Thanks for understanding, have a great week! :)

Posted May 19, 2020
  8. Well maybe don’t start with the “Heyo” format and speak normally. Secondly you did say some false information in the thread. The difference in kits is quite large in ssm and this has been talked about repeatedly. As for the thread, it is pretty easy to land shots with skeleton as the barrage makes it way easier so I’d say in this case it is a player skill issue

Posted May 19, 2020
  9. This is very true ^

Posted May 19, 2020
  10. Heyo!

The Mineplex forums are a place for discussion to be had, and with discussion comes disagreement. The user that disagreed with your post said nothing disrespectful towards you. In actuality, he was only stating facts about how the skeleton kit works.

Now to properly clear up some of your misconceptions:
    First and foremost, all kits are meant to be equally balanced (they aren't but they are intended to be), regardless of whether or not they're achievement kits, high priced kits, or free.
    Secondly, arrow bouncing is completely aesthetic. When you shoot an arrow and you see it bouncing off of either yourself (in 1.9+) or an opponent (all versions) just know that the arrow is still travelling server side and is still able to impact people. Arrows are the most consistent projectile in SSM and that if an arrow bounces it is entirely your fault for that happening. The entire theory behind arrow bounce, however, is beyond the scope of this post.
    Finally, now I'm not an expert on CPS but common sense would tell me that a higher CPS will increase the chances of not only hitting more often but also landing the first hit in a melee engagement. Standard Minecraft servers run at a tick speed of 20 ticks per second. In short, this means that both the client and server can communicate with each other 20 times per second. One way that you can test this yourself is to try clicking a tool for a kit after you've selected it in lobby. You'll notice that the faster you click it the more often you'll hear a ding up to a limit of 20cps.

Again, on the forums there will be disagreements so moving forward please take them with a grain of salt, you can offer a rebuttal if you don't agree with what they've said but please do not reply with posts that make zero contribution to the topic at hand.

Thanks! Have a great week! :)

Posted May 19, 2020
  11. You know what, you're right.
    My shot is bad, really bad, maybe I'm just not cut out to be a skeleton.
    Here's an example game that I just recorded, as you can see, my arrows did bounce in the second half of the video, but that was my fault since I wasn't aiming in the right spot.

Edit: just played another game of SSM, got killed by a level 28 Cow, honestly pathetic.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 19, 2020,
    Last edited May 19, 2020
    aaawesome likes this.
  12. Good thing you didn't let kelayy get the crystal, he'll never back down from using it. He was already scummy enough to literally run and hide in that fight. Too bad he probably won that match.

Posted May 21, 2020
  13. idk if this is sarcasm or what but like yeah you missed some shots. if you aimed differently you would have hit them. that's how it works. aim ahead on moving people. y'know.

Posted May 22, 2020
  14. You can run and bow while hardly getting touched + I'm pretty sure a true combo with roped arrow into bone explosion into melee. Skelly and zombie are pretty much always going to be top tier unless they add a cooldown for bows or something (which they won't), simply because it's nearly impossible to kill players with good aim without the help of a direct jump kit.

Posted May 22, 2020
    Crash and Kenshin_William like this.
  15. Skeleton is an op kit because it has a bow. Roped arrow is amazing for combos and bone explosion is great kb. Arrow bouncing is annoying, but its not like youre shooting one arrow every 5 minutes. If it bounces, then just jump back and shoot at the player again. Pvp wise, its ok. It has a bigger hitbox but that really doesnt mean much if you can pvp and combo players. Also, if you have Katniss Everdeen aim, then its pretty much impossible to die.

Posted May 22, 2020
  16. The main upside is the ability to shoot volleys of arrows at once, which beyond dealing damage, gives a lot of KB which is a great thing in SSM, the bone explosion not only does good damage close range but can deny abilities that have charge time or abilities that allow for charging at people. It is a starter kit which means a lot of people can use it and get used to it. And the roped arrow is not only a great recovery tool but great for pulling yourself into someone for finishing them off

Posted May 22, 2020
  17. Only one arrow of the bunch can hit, the rest don't do anything 99% of the time, there is a small chance that two will hit, but yeah, it just basically makes up for bad aim.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 23, 2020
  18. Imagine getting this defensive because someone corrected something you said

Correcting false information isn't disrespect

Posted May 23, 2020
    FluteVegetables and Mitchy like this.
  19. Heyo!

I realize my mistakes. This was from days ago, and I have had time to correct myself. Thanks! Have a great week! :)

Posted May 23, 2020
    Deidara likes this.