• 634 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2718 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why is mineplex lagging so bad

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by xXMasterXx_CZ, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Hello mineplex is my favorite server but i can't play. Why? Because mineplex is lagging so bad. When i play halloween havoc i have like every 1 or 2 minutes 15 seconds lag and thats on every game on mineplex others servers its not lagging can someone help me?

Posted Oct 13, 2019
  2. Not really sure to be honest. Mineplex lobbies always seem to have quite a lot of lag and it's been getting worse since last year. In-game it's pretty good though. Not sure if you're talking about FPS or MS. So your internet might be bad or it's just Mineplex.

Posted Oct 13, 2019
  3. My internet is very good mineplex is lagging but others server are good

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 13, 2019
  4. To be honest, I don't have lag very often on the server, but I do however lag in certain lobbies when there are too many player. I always restart my pc before logging onto the Mineplex and I guess that's why I don't have this issue often. When you restart your pc, is the server still laggy for you?

Posted Oct 13, 2019
  5. What version do you use guys?

OP OP
  6. I recommend using Minecraft 1.8.9 and connecting to us.mineplex.com to make sure the lag does not happen because of that. If it's still lagging, and you're certain that it's not lag on your end, try looking for things that trigger lag (for example, particles, mobs, etc.). If something in particular is causing the lag, it can be reported via a bug report for inspection.

Posted Oct 13, 2019
  7. I use 1.8.8 and have a God-like gaming computer (no problem with FPS) I still get massive lag spikes constantly on C-7 or any HH game. Something's gotta change.

Posted Oct 13, 2019
  8. It kinda works. Thanks!

OP OP
    Thenorn likes this.
  9. I haven't been having a lot of issues with lag across the network recently except for in Halloween Havoc. I feel there's just a lot of mechanics to the game that make it laggier than usual. There's a lot of entities and special effects with the kits that probably factor into the lag. I played for a few hours yesterday and didn't experience any lag until I started playing HH. I definitely don't have the best internet ever, but it just seemed to pop up as soon as I switched game modes. Unfortunately, I'm not sure there's much that can be done about it, but you aren't the only one feeling its effects.

Posted Oct 13, 2019
  10. My friends and I have been trying to get into a Halloween havoc game for 2 hours now. Every time we queue up, it says something like: SEARCHING FOR A GAME OF HALLOWEEN HAVOC: 12/4 PLAYERS. Then the queue just disappears off the screen...

Posted Oct 13, 2019
  11. Hey, this is a known issue with entering the queue in a party. There isn't a solution to this issue that I know of, but you can try relogging and entering the queue at the same time without being in the party. Otherwise, you can direct any bug reports here!

Posted Oct 13, 2019
  12. Heyo,

I am sorry that you are having issues with lag on the Mineplex. This happens when you don’t have a stable connection. To fix this, I recommend turning the WiFi on your computer on and off, and then after that try restarting your router.

Have a good day/night!

_ThatsAWrap

Posted Oct 25, 2019
  13. Mineplex need some better cores

Posted Oct 25, 2019
  14. Hiya!

There could be many reasons that may be lagging your game on mineplex. I would try these following tips
    Try restarting your game. If that doesn't work, Try disabling some of the settings that may cause lag, like disabling clourds or disable fancy graphics. If that doesn't work, the lag may be coming from your computer or your wifi connections. Anyways I hope I helped and have a nice day!

~XMShadow

Posted Oct 25, 2019
  15. Mineplex gets weird lag spikes from time to time especially in lobbies, but in game I get some as well. If everyone in the lobby is lagging you can know for sure that its server side.

Posted Oct 25, 2019
  16. to reduce lag I would recommend installing the latest driver for your wi-fi card as that should improve your connection a little. you should also use optifine or the badlion client. if the lag persists, then it's probably because mineplex had to cut down on server costs due to the reduced amount of players, resulting in less available RAM for their servers and thus causing lag.

Posted Oct 26, 2019
    Shadow The Hedgehog likes this.