• 1302 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5958 Players Online
  • 4656 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why I regret maining Skeleton for five years

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by DarthDownUnder, Mar 8, 2020.

1. So I've mained Skeleton since 2015, because at the beginning, I just never felt like buying a new kit, so I stuck with Skelly.
    After a year or two, I took it as a challenge to become a god tier Skeleton, and I feel that I'm a bit under that, even after all these years.
    So, what do I think about being an above average Skeleton? I honestly like it, but mostly don't due to the backlash in games.

Let's all be honest, at the start, Skeleton is a dull knife when it comes to most of the other kits, and the arrows bounce off very commonly if you don't exactly know what you're doing; all that you do is learn how to utilize what it has the best in order to survive against the better kits, and train your movement.

Skeleton is pretty deadly with it's ranged attacks, and the very commonly hated bone explosion, and if in the right hands, can kill very easily.
    However, I do have to say that Skeleton vs Creeper usually doesn't end in favor of the Skeleton, as arrows have a tiny hit-box (compared to the Creeper's Sulphur Bomb), and bounce off almost half the time you try and get a shot in; and in melee? Well, you'll most likely not be able to get close to the Creeper to even try and get a hit as you'll be immediately knocked back by it's Sulphur bomb, or another player will be using it's ranged attacks on it to trigger the lighting shield, making it pretty damn hard to get a good hit on a Creeper.

The bow is pretty much necessary for survival, as melee tends to not work out in favor of the Skeleton, either being almost impossible due to small hit-box kits, or because of some other attack that can knock you away; but people still seem to complain about "bow-spamming" for some reason.
    People feel that Skeletons shouldn't use the bow, pretty much the only thing that you can depend on to survive; they'll end up complaining in chat, or you'll just end up being the main target for everyone since "he's a bow-spammer, kill him".

The journey to where I am now sucked, I died again and again to players who've only played Creeper or some other good kit, and it wasn't fun, and now that I'm good? Well, in most of my games, I end up being the primary target to every other person, and I have to fight two or three people at the same time because no one wants a "bow-spammer" in their games.

I'm able to manage against multiple enemies now, and to be honest, it's kinda fun, but it sucks when a guy with a good kit who hasn't even put a third of the time I put into the game almost effortlessly beats me, and I don't know how I can stop people from hating me for being a "bow-spammer", because it's literally the MAIN weapon, something that you need to depend on in order to survive, and people expect me to just not use it, and die to their ability that has way more potential than my little arrows.

So yeah, if somehow you're seeing this thread in the future, and Mineplex/SSM is still around; do not main Skeleton, it will be unfun, and you'll end up being detested by a majority of the players using other kits.

Posted Mar 8, 2020
  2. As a former skeleton main, although I havent mained skeleton for that long, i can still agree with this. So many people complain about bow spamming and a doubt that most of them have even played skeleton and zombie.

I find skeleton quite fun because you can do roped arrow combos and it goes extremely fast with the momentum of roped arrow.

The bow kits are some of the most difficult kits in the game and it cant be learnt in a day, like creeper or skeletal horse.

Im trying to switch to golem and zombie because both kits do more damage.

Posted Mar 8, 2020
  3. Wise words. I main Iron Golem since late 2015 and never regretted it.

Posted Mar 10, 2020
  4. I would say that skeleton is good beginner aiming practice when you get good you can switch to zombie.

Posted Mar 10, 2020
  5. Skeleton has some of the most fun combo game in the... game, but its poor stats and technical issues with arrows and bows let it down.
    Not to mention that if it did have decent stats (like it used to), lame players would just camp instead and be really obnoxious to deal with.
    I feel like the entire kit would be way less toxic if Barrage just didn't exist, and it got more power shifted back into its stats so it could survive melee combat once in a while, rather than being forced to pepper people with spreads of arrows they probably don't have chances of dodging (assuming Barrage even wants to work properly, thanks to said technical issues).

Oh, also, no need to regret maining Skeleton. I am (or used to be, hardly play the game nowadays) a Chicken main, and THAT kit doesn't get you anywhere.

Posted Mar 10, 2020
  6. Honestly, Skeleton is good as is.
    I'm not asking for it to be buffed or returned to it's original form; this post's purpose was just a bit of a rant from my side of things.
    The frustrating thing isn't because of the kit itself (well, not most of it), it's about the community and their hatred towards me.
    I feel like I worked myself up for years, died a lot from casual players, and basically had to fight through it all, not having all that much fun; and now that I've gotten through all of that, and can actually stand a chance, people just call me out for either hacking, "bow-spamming", or accuse me of using an OP kit.
    It just feels unfair for me to get through all of that, and then not have fun when literally everyone targets you because you're a "bow-spammer".
    "Bow-spamming" is literally what your life depends on, people are basically asking you to let them win, or else you're being a jerk.
    It's so damn annoying, and I encounter it everyday.

I just wish people would stop treating me like someone who's cheap, and stop hating on me.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 11, 2020
  7. If you're only shooting ONE player, you're engaging ONLY them for a fight; but if you're shooting EVERYONE, you're basically asking for it ._.

Posted Mar 11, 2020
  8. Honestly, yeah, I do occasionally go for everyone for a bit of a challenge, but not all the time.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 11, 2020
  9. Well you are associated with the typical camping skeletons who no one goes for the entire game.

I reccomend you try out zombie, its a direct upgrade to skeleton and it is very rewarding.

Posted Mar 11, 2020
  10. If you are dominating a lobby, people tend to focus you just to try and win. Happens with any kit

Posted Mar 11, 2020